Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Redskins "Party" Decks Finished (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=48151)

mooby 06-13-2012 09:58 AM

Redskins "Party" Decks Finished

[url=http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/post/images-of-the-redskins-400-level-standing-decks/2012/06/13/gJQAj5LoZV_blog.html]Images of the Redskins’ 400-level standing decks - DC Sports Bog - The Washington Post[/url]

Those party decks look horrible. But hey, it is a business. Alls I know is if I bought a standing room ticket to a game I'd wait until I spotted some empty seats and I'd take them at first opportunity. I thought when they first made the announcement they would flatten out the ends of the upper deck some and make it a party-type atmosphere up there. Instead it looks like they just took seats out and decided to sell tickets as-is.

Chico23231 06-13-2012 10:04 AM

Re: Redskins "Party" Decks Finished

If this was an option when i was in college around there, id be all over this. If say you were in a frat at one of the many schools up there, buy 10-15 and say 4-6 parking passes and just throw down.

mlmpetert 06-13-2012 10:13 AM

Definitely looks like crap. I thought they were susposed to be over the new big screens, which would have made them club - so i now realize that doesnt make sense.

Id prefer to stand when at a game, which you cant really do anywhere, so i like the idea of party decks. I like that theres a little shelf to put a beer on, but a bar to put your foot on would be nice.

NC_Skins 06-13-2012 10:41 AM

[quote=mlmpetert;921175]... but a bar to put your foot on would be nice.[/quote]

That would defeet (c wut i did thar?) the purpose of a "standing room" only deck.

firstdown 06-13-2012 10:42 AM

Its not the best view for a game but at that price its a good deal. I also like how they are on separate levels for better viewing unlike the Dallas one which is flat.

[IMG]http://prod.images.redskins.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/REDSKINS/assets/images/imported/WAS/photos/clubimages/2012/06-June/upper-level-standing-decks--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg?width=960&height=720[/IMG]

mredskins 06-13-2012 10:43 AM

My easy chair still looks like the best option.

NC_Skins 06-13-2012 10:44 AM

[quote=mlmpetert;921175] I thought they were susposed to be over the new big screens, which would have made them club - so i now realize that doesnt make sense. [/quote]

One of them is above the new big screen. That party deck was done last year.

mbedner3420 06-13-2012 10:47 AM

[quote=firstdown;921185]Its not the best view for a game but at that price its a good deal. I also like how they are on separate levels for better viewing unlike the Dallas one which is flat.

[IMG]http://prod.images.redskins.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/REDSKINS/assets/images/imported/WAS/photos/clubimages/2012/06-June/upper-level-standing-decks--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg?width=960&height=720[/IMG][/quote]

Do they plan on cutting down those metal support pieces that now support nothing? I think it would change the look of the stadium to something significantly cooler.

Lotus 06-13-2012 10:52 AM

Woohoo! It's a party! It's mooby's turn to bring the overproof rum!

Leader In Sports 06-13-2012 11:55 AM

It looks like it is in the general area my seats used to be in. Walking those stairs made me a little nervous because they were so steep. Now picture a "party deck" where you have a bunch of drunks standing, bumping into each other and that is an accident waiting to happen.

Dang, do I sound like an old fart or what?

MTK 06-13-2012 12:00 PM

Good thing tickets are cheap for that area. Still, give me my 46" plasma and Sunday Ticket any day.

mlmpetert 06-13-2012 12:33 PM

[quote=NC_Skins;921188]One of them is above the new big screen. That party deck was done last year.[/quote]

They actually look pretty tight:

[url=http://gamebattles.majorleaguegaming.com/forums/t/Redskins-Party-Deck-Screen-3425290]Redskins Party Deck / Screen - GameBattles Forums[/url]#

mlmpetert 06-13-2012 12:36 PM

[quote=Leader In Sports;921206]It looks like it is in the general area my seats used to be in. [B]Walking those stairs made me a little nervous because they were so steep.[/B] Now picture a "party deck" where you have a bunch of drunks standing, bumping into each other and that is an accident waiting to happen.

Dang, do I sound like an old fart or what?[/quote]

I never thought Fedex was bad. I never went to a Redskins game at RFK but ive been there for other stuff and i remember being terriffied walking down the upper deck at that place.

firstdown 06-13-2012 12:50 PM

[quote=mbedner3420;921190]Do they plan on cutting down those metal support pieces that now support nothing? I think it would change the look of the stadium to something significantly cooler.[/quote]

What metal supports are you talking about?

CrustyRedskin 06-13-2012 01:00 PM

Down here at Jerry World they are reffered to as Partyy Pass Jackasses. Its a hilarious embarrassement.

Chico23231 06-13-2012 01:07 PM

if maryland legalizes the ganj, party decks gonna be on fire

Leader In Sports 06-13-2012 01:11 PM

[quote=mlmpetert;921218]I never thought Fedex was bad. I never went to a Redskins game at RFK but ive been there for other stuff and i remember being terriffied walking down the upper deck at that place.[/quote]
I guess I am a bit of a seat snob, which is why I only had the tickets for a couple of years. I always buy lower level, but when I made it off the waiting list (10 years back then), I got nose bleed. They told me then after a couple of years I could move to the lower level. So I had the tickets for 4 years and then called and asked about moving. Then they told me I had to buy the premium seat contract before I could be considered for lower level - that is when I told them to keep the tickets.

It has been about 4 or 5 years, and EVERY year they email me asking me to come back - I am sure I am not special, so they just don't have any sort of waiting list anymore.

firstdown 06-13-2012 02:56 PM

[quote=Chico23231;921224]if maryland legalizes the ganj, party decks gonna be on fire[/quote]

Its a no smoking area.

Chico23231 06-13-2012 03:07 PM

[quote=firstdown;921243]Its a no smoking area.[/quote]

there ways to get around that

BigHairedAristocrat 06-13-2012 03:47 PM

i like to go to about one game a year for the experience... but i dont know why. games are far more enjoyable to watch on my 55 inch tv in the comfort of my living room. being there is a nice change of pace, but it just cant compete with the television package (alternate angles, zoom, commentary, no roudy fance, zero obnoxious cowboys fans in my presence for a game - EVER)

los panda 06-13-2012 03:52 PM

[quote=Chico23231;921245]there ways to get around that[/quote]some of the pocket vaporizers are the size of a chapstick

InsaneBoost 06-13-2012 04:05 PM

I don't see what's so bad about them. They're standing room only, you have a little ledge/counter type thing to place your food and drinks. What else should there be?

Now if this were a brand new stadium and they had built these as their "party decks," then yeah, it'd definitely be weak, but for what they had to work with, I don't think they're all that bad.

Especially like that they have used the aluminum to bring back a hint of RFK as the noise the bleacher seats made.[I][/I]

Jak101 06-13-2012 10:58 PM

This is going to be an awesome option for college kids. The price is amazing, and I'd assume you'd need to be in pretty decent shape to stand for an entire football game. Great timing to reveal this too, especially with the economy still struggling, I know a lot of teams are having a hard time filling seats the way they used to.

hooskins 06-14-2012 12:07 AM

They might be good for frats, like someone mentioned earlier.

Otherwise I think they are complete crap. Why not watch the game at a bar or someones place?

Giantone 06-14-2012 04:23 AM

Sorry bad idea,in the old days when the(not if) drunken fight broke out you could throw the guy out and you knew who it was by taking their seat back ,now it won't be possible.
Fans won't be able to enjoy a game anymore untill they ban alcohol during games,and let me say it should be the NFL and at "ALL" stadiums.

mlmpetert 06-14-2012 07:46 AM

[quote=Giantone;921320]Sorry bad idea,in the old days when the(not if) drunken fight broke out you could throw the guy out and you knew who it was by taking their seat back ,now it won't be possible.
[B] Fans won't be able to enjoy a game anymore untill they ban alcohol during games,and let me say it should be the NFL and at "ALL" stadiums[/B].[/quote]

Well, maybe the fans not tryin to party. But if youre a drunk frat kid with a chapstick sized vaporizer and 29 bucks youre in luck.

mooby 06-14-2012 09:53 AM

[quote=mlmpetert;921323]Well, maybe the fans not tryin to party. But if youre a drunk frat kid with a chapstick sized vaporizer and 29 bucks youre in luck.[/quote]

I'm more concerned about potential opposing fans buying standing room tickets in bulk and coming down to harass us. I could easily see a bunch of Philly fans organizing a group trip, coming down and getting sloppy drunk while throwing shit and insults at us from the standing room decks.

Chico23231 06-14-2012 10:13 AM

[quote=mlmpetert;921323]Well, maybe the fans not tryin to party. But if youre a drunk frat kid with a chapstick sized vaporizer and 29 bucks youre in luck.[/quote]

yeah that woulda been perfect. the more i look at the party deck, the more it resembles a Burbon Street balcony. Warpath should seriously consider buying some of these in bulk. And bring some burgundy and gold beads, im trying to see some titty.

skinsguy 06-14-2012 10:38 AM

[quote=Mattyk;921209]Good thing tickets are cheap for that area. Still, give me my 46" plasma and Sunday Ticket any day.[/quote]

I'm with you on that Matty!

SmootSmack 06-14-2012 10:56 AM

And then there's the anti-party decks

[url=http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/it_the_amazin_mutes_1Bg3udPWNPmM5kgQMpRZPI]Mets consider a 'quiet' section in stands at Citi Field with no music and lower-volume PA announcements - NYPOST.com[/url]

los panda 06-14-2012 02:13 PM

[quote=mlmpetert;921323]Well, maybe the fans not tryin to party. But if youre a drunk frat kid with a chapstick sized vaporizer and 29 bucks youre in luck.[/quote]lol

tryfuhl 06-14-2012 02:16 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;921361]And then there's the anti-party decks

[url=http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/it_the_amazin_mutes_1Bg3udPWNPmM5kgQMpRZPI]Mets consider a 'quiet' section in stands at Citi Field with no music and lower-volume PA announcements - NYPOST.com[/url][/quote]

That's a clown section, bro.

skinsguy 06-14-2012 02:59 PM

[url=http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/it_the_amazin_mutes_1Bg3udPWNPmM5kgQMpRZPI]Mets consider a 'quiet' section in stands at Citi Field with no music and lower-volume PA announcements - NYPOST.com[/url][/quote]

Install blow up mattresses and it's perfect!

CRedskinsRule 06-14-2012 03:34 PM

[quote=skinsguy;921418]Install blow up mattresses and it's perfect![/quote]
I expected a different word in place of mattresses:cheeky-sm

skinsguy 06-14-2012 04:34 PM

[quote=CRedskinsRule;921425]I expected a different word in place of mattresses:cheeky-sm[/quote]

LOL! :laughing-

Dirtbag59 06-14-2012 05:16 PM

[quote=Chico23231;921224]if maryland legalizes the ganj, party decks gonna be on fire[/quote]

Compromise. Bring brownies.

Ruhskins 06-14-2012 05:30 PM

People would probably fall asleep in the parking lot and never make it to the party deck. LOL.

mlmpetert 07-05-2012 11:02 AM

[URL="http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/07/04/nfl-willing-to-relax-noise-rules-to-create-stadium-atmosphere/"]NFL willing to relax noise rules to create stadium atmosphere | ProFootballTalk[/URL]

I was surprised there were rules limiting noise encouragement. But i think partying, and being loud and rowdy is what most fans want to do when you go to a game. The majority of people going to football games are people wanting to get togather with friends, socialize and party. Not sit quitely in their seat and be respectful of the father and son experiencing their first ball game together in the seats next to them.

firstdown 07-05-2012 03:04 PM

[quote=mlmpetert;923562][URL="http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/07/04/nfl-willing-to-relax-noise-rules-to-create-stadium-atmosphere/"]NFL willing to relax noise rules to create stadium atmosphere | ProFootballTalk[/URL]

I was surprised there were rules limiting noise encouragement. But i think partying, and being loud and rowdy is what most fans want to do when you go to a game. The majority of people going to football games are people wanting to get togather with friends, socialize and party.[B] Not sit quitely in their seat and be respectful of the father and son experiencing their first ball game together in the seats next to them.[/B][/quote]

Why can't the two go together. I can have plenty of fun at a game while being respectful of other around me.

Monkeydad 07-05-2012 03:44 PM

[URL="http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/it_the_amazin_mutes_1Bg3udPWNPmM5kgQMpRZPI"]Mets consider a 'quiet' section in stands at Citi Field with no music and lower-volume PA announcements - NYPOST.com[/URL][/quote]

16 oz sodas only!