Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Parking Lot (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Nickelback Fans UNITE! (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=48203)

Dirtbag59 06-18-2012 08:15 PM

Nickelback Fans UNITE!

Who's with me!?!!!?!?!?
[YT]m0b9wPm9sZw[/YT]

ArtMonkDrillz 06-18-2012 09:08 PM

re: Nickelback Fans UNITE!

[IMG]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_OJl6ATsGFco/S4W5ztb263I/AAAAAAAAG0I/PFtJp5RPozo/s320/25972_379721434656_672354656_4964404_5035547_n.jpg[/IMG]

Dirtbag59 06-18-2012 09:54 PM

[quote=ArtMonkDrillz;921882][IMG]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_OJl6ATsGFco/S4W5ztb263I/AAAAAAAAG0I/PFtJp5RPozo/s320/25972_379721434656_672354656_4964404_5035547_n.jpg[/IMG][/quote]

[IMG]https://encrypted-tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQuICDBZSzu3L34Z6G0LMp6aAfMpV_78K5Vfe-aOLLrgPepp2pOGg[/IMG]

hooskins 06-18-2012 10:31 PM

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDgs1iroYyY&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/url]

mooby 06-18-2012 11:09 PM

Annnnn they say that a hero can save us, I'm [B][I]not[/I][/B] gonna stand here and waiiiiiiiiiiiit, I'll hold on-to the wings of the eagles, [B][I]WATCH[/I][/B] as we all fly awayyyyyyy!

FRPLG 06-18-2012 11:26 PM

I love how everyone hates on Nickleback yet they're like the top selling rock band in the last decade. I'm not sure what to make of that.

NC_Skins 06-19-2012 01:04 AM

[IMG]http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/247/665/d33.jpg[/IMG]

NC_Skins 06-19-2012 01:08 AM

[IMG]http://files.sharenator.com/memes_meanwhile_Memebase_101-s500x375-230621-580.jpg[/IMG]

MTK 06-19-2012 08:27 AM

[quote=FRPLG;921900]I love how everyone hates on Nickleback yet they're like the top selling rock band in the last decade. I'm not sure what to make of that.[/quote]

A lot of crap music sells big, that's all it says to me. Look at the top of the charts any given week, it's full of lame.

Schneed10 06-19-2012 08:58 AM

And what the hell is on Johnny's head?!

ArtMonkDrillz 06-19-2012 10:02 AM

[quote=Mattyk;921917]A lot of crap music sells big, that's all it says to me. Look at the top of the charts any given week, it's full of lame.[/quote]Exactly, lowest common denominator... TV and movies are no different; crap sells!

ArtMonkDrillz 06-19-2012 10:05 AM

[quote=Schneed10;921926]And what the hell is on Johnny's head?![/quote]Brah, its "what the hell is on Joey's head?" Get it together, yo!

[IMG]http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lo3fhq8duZ1qcarypo1_500.jpg[/IMG]

Monkeydad 06-19-2012 10:42 AM

[quote=FRPLG;921900]I love how everyone hates on Nickleback yet they're like the top selling rock band in the last decade. I'm not sure what to make of that.[/quote]

I don't get the whole "hate Nickelback bandwagon". I think a lot of people like to do it just to fit in and look cool.

I actually saw them in concert in 2001 before they were in the national spotlight, opening for 3 Doors Down...and you know what, they put on a great show live.

They're not the most talented band, but I don't see anything about them worthy of all of the hate. If anything, you could call their music boring.

They are really horrible bands more worthy of attracting mass hatred like Papa Roach, Slipknot, Blink 182, Limp Bizkit, Green Day...these bands sound horrible live, act like complete a-holes and are generally annoying to even look at. At least Nickelback sounds decent live and other than looking like Jesus, there's nothing really inciting or controversial about how they look.

FRPLG 06-19-2012 10:44 AM

[quote=Mattyk;921917]A lot of crap music sells big, that's all it says to me. Look at the top of the charts any given week, it's full of lame.[/quote]

Who says it's crap though? I mean I'm not not some huge fan but why is it that you or I get to decide that what is popular sucks? I've never quite understood that dynamic. I've fallen victim to it before. I used to be a devout DMB hater because it was the "popular" thing to like them. Now I pretty much love their stuff. Sorta funny I guess.

FRPLG 06-19-2012 10:45 AM

[quote=Monkeydad;921943]I don't get the whole "hate Nickelback bandwagon". I think a lot of people like to do it just to fit in and look cool.

I actually saw them in concert in 2001 before they were in the national spotlight, opening for 3 Doors Down...and you know what, they put on a great show live.

They're not the most talented band, but I don't see anything about them worthy of all of the hate. If anything, you could call their music boring.

They are really horrible bands more worthy of attracting mass hatred like Papa Roach, Slipknot, Blink 182, Limp Bizkit, Green Day...these bands sound horrible live, act like complete a-holes and are generally annoying to even look at. At least Nickelback sounds decent live and other than looking like Jesus, there's nothing really inciting or controversial about how they look.[/quote]

I might have to fight you over calling Green Day horrible.

SmootSmack 06-19-2012 10:48 AM

What was the point of this thread anyway? I get it's the low point of the off-season between minicamp and training camp, but really....what was the point here?

firstdown 06-19-2012 11:06 AM

Who's Nickleback?

skinsguy 06-19-2012 11:09 AM

[quote=FRPLG;921944]Who says it's crap though? I mean I'm not not some huge fan but why is it that you or I get to decide that what is popular sucks? I've never quite understood that dynamic. I've fallen victim to it before. I used to be a devout DMB hater because it was the "popular" thing to like them. Now I pretty much love their stuff. Sorta funny I guess.[/quote]

You and I don't really get to decide what's popular and what's not. IF that was the case, top 40 radio stations would have much more of a variety of music than what it does. I mean, I listened to a local top 40 station one morning, and I heard three to four of the same songs played every hour! The same artists played every hour, multiple times within one hour. The playlists are approved by the company that owns the radio stations, so these playlists are already "together" by the time it hits the stations I think. I'm saying all of that to say that the record companies really control what is considered "popular" or not, and if it's played over and over enough, it's been proven that people will gravitate to it more than anything else.

It's sad, but there is a huge amount of awesome music, of all types and genres, being flat out ignored by top 40 radio. I come from the AOR/hard melodic rock era, and there are so many great, talented bands in this genre that have put out some great music, catchy tunes, very commercial sounding stuff that probably everybody would like, but it doesn't get radio airplay. The same can be said for new alternative music, old school rap, new wave, etc...but it all gets ignored because we're fed a heavy dose of Lady Gaga, Justin Beiber, Rihanna, and Adele every hour on the hour. Don't get me wrong, I'm not necessarily bagging on these artists (well, maybe Justin Beiber cuz I just don't like him) but I'm so sick of hearing them over and over again!

I am soooo glad the internet has allowed us the chance to access music we like without the need of radio!

Chico23231 06-19-2012 11:54 AM

[quote=FRPLG;921944][B]Who says it's crap though[/B]? I mean I'm not not some huge fan but why is it that you or I get to decide that what is popular sucks? I've never quite understood that dynamic. I've fallen victim to it before. I used to be a devout DMB hater because it was the "popular" thing to like them. Now I pretty much love their stuff. Sorta funny I guess.[/quote]

I think its the fact that their whole sound, act has been done before over and over again. They do nothing that hasnt been done before and they dont anything to change it up or add to that sound. The problem is in the word you use, its [B]not[/B] dynamic. Now this might be a bad assumption but the music sounds more about earning a paycheck than about "art."

Chico23231 06-19-2012 11:55 AM

[quote=SmootSmack;921947]What was the point of this thread anyway? I get it's the low point of the off-season between minicamp and training camp, but really....what was the point here?[/quote]

lolololol...seriously. Dirtbag wins this time...all he had to do was just say "Nickleback"...lololol

MTK 06-19-2012 12:03 PM

[quote=FRPLG;921944][B]Who says it's crap though?[/B] I mean I'm not not some huge fan but why is it that you or I get to decide that what is popular sucks? I've never quite understood that dynamic. I've fallen victim to it before. I used to be a devout DMB hater because it was the "popular" thing to like them. Now I pretty much love their stuff. Sorta funny I guess.[/quote]

Pretty much anyone who has half a brain when it comes to decent music.

MTK 06-19-2012 12:05 PM

[quote=Monkeydad;921943]I don't get the whole "hate Nickelback bandwagon". I think a lot of people like to do it just to fit in and look cool.

[B]I actually saw them in concert in 2001 before they were in the national spotlight, opening for 3 Doors Down...and you know what, they put on a great show live.[/B]

They are really horrible bands more worthy of attracting mass hatred like Papa Roach, Slipknot, Blink 182, Limp Bizkit, Green Day...these bands sound horrible live, act like complete a-holes and are generally annoying to even look at. At least Nickelback sounds decent live and other than looking like Jesus, there's nothing really inciting or controversial about how they look.[/quote]

You're really ok with admitting that?

:vomit:

ArtMonkDrillz 06-19-2012 12:11 PM

[quote=FRPLG;921944]Who says it's crap though?[/quote]I feel like it's complete crap based 95% on the lead singer. From his nails-on-a-chalkboard voice to his kinky blonde Buffalo Bill hair, I seriously can't stand that guy. Plus, his name is Chad.

I know I like plenty of music/tv shows/movies/books/etc that others would hate, so I try to crap on other people's opinions too much but I just cannot see how people can listen to that guy.

Dirtbag59 06-19-2012 12:14 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;921947]What was the point of this thread anyway? I get it's the low point of the off-season between minicamp and training camp, but really....what was the point here?[/quote]

Are you implying that I would purposely make a nonsensical thread with no purpose or direction in mind?!?!?!?!? Because I look at this thread and I say this is where the important issues are. If I had to choose between RG3 being a Redskin and stopping Nickleback from breaking up I would choose the latter in a heartbeat.

mooby 06-19-2012 12:26 PM

I'd much rather discuss this than argue about which camp scrub I think has the best shot at making the team right now, or worry about why RG3 hasn't signed yet, or some other dumb shit.

Besides, I've already said on this forum that I used to be a Nickelback fan, when I was younger, slightly more naive teenager and DC101 was my favorite station. Then I got older and discovered much like Disturbed, every album they put out sounds exactly like the previous one. I'm not as much of a hater as everybody else here, but I'm not a fan either.

Chico23231 06-19-2012 12:30 PM

[quote=Mattyk;921965]You're really ok with admitting that?

:vomit:[/quote]

3 Doors Down AND Nickleback? Craptacular!

mredskins 06-19-2012 01:15 PM

Some folks are music snobs. I like all kinds but really music could go away and I probably not care. I never ever listen to music unless i am in the car.

CrazyCanuck 06-19-2012 02:02 PM

[quote=FRPLG;921945]I might have to fight you over calling Green Day horrible.[/quote]

I got your back. Green Day's one of the few (only) great rock bands to emerge in the last couple decades. Lumping them in with those other clowns is not right.

Monkeydad 06-19-2012 02:16 PM

Again, somebody trying to be cool and do what's popular. Yawn.

Monkeydad 06-19-2012 02:21 PM

[quote=CrazyCanuck;921984]I got your back. Green Day's one of the few (only) great rock bands to emerge in the last couple decades. Lumping them in with those other clowns is not right.[/quote]

Yep, everyone loves bands who trash music stores and sells their politics.

I admit, I had a few of their early albums, but then I grew up. The whole punk act just got old.

SmootSmack 06-19-2012 02:24 PM

[quote=Monkeydad;921989]Again, somebody trying to be cool and do what's popular. Yawn.[/quote]

What?

Dirtbag59 06-19-2012 06:33 PM

Re: Nickelback Fans UNITE!

[B]Betty Boothroyd:[/B] Question to the Prime Minister, Mr. Michael Shersby.

[B]Michael Shersby:[/B] [ seemingly distracted ] How can.. the Prime minister.. support a law.. that makes it illegal for people.. who.. [ gets to the real point he's been fidgeting with ] ..What I'm trying to say is.. Nickelback rules!

[B]Betty Boothroyd:[/B] [ sternly ] Mr. Shersby!! You've been warned seven times this month to stop bringing up Nickelback!

[B]Michael Shersby:[/B] But is not Nickelback the greatest British band since the Beatles? Can we not vote on this?!

[B]Betty Boothroyd:[/B] Enough! Enough!! No votes will be taken on the subject of Nickelback! Question, Mr. Simon Coombs!

That Guy 06-19-2012 08:02 PM

maybe everyone else should just quit arguing over this trash and listen to scandanavian metal... it's better.

Chico23231 06-19-2012 08:12 PM

[B]I actually saw them in concert in 2001 before they were in the national spotlight, opening for 3 Doors Down...and you know what, they put on a great show live.[/B]

You know I just realized if only the Black Eyed Peas woulda opended for NB and 3 Doors Down you woulda hit the crap trifecta

MTK 06-19-2012 08:15 PM

[quote=Chico23231;922041]You know I just realized if only the Black Eyed Peas woulda opended for NB and 3 Doors Down you woulda hit the crap trifecta[/quote]

Turdfestpalooza

Chico23231 06-19-2012 08:39 PM

[quote=Mattyk;922042]Turdfestpalooza[/quote]

:laughing2

Dirtbag59 06-19-2012 08:56 PM

FUN FUN FUN
[YT]kfVsfOSbJY0[/YT]

DynamiteRave 06-19-2012 09:39 PM

[quote=Dirtbag59;922048]FUN FUN FUN
[YT]kfVsfOSbJY0[/YT][/quote]

There's a conspiracy theory that says this song is about the JFK assassination. I need to find the link to that... Hm.

Dirtbag59 06-19-2012 09:58 PM

[quote=DynamiteRave;922054]There's a conspiracy theory that says this song is about the JFK assassination. I need to find the link to that... Hm.[/quote]

Looks like I busted out the FUN FUN FUN line one post to early.

ArtMonkDrillz 06-19-2012 10:05 PM

[quote=DynamiteRave;922054]There's a conspiracy theory that says this song is about the JFK assassination. I need to find the link to that... Hm.[/quote]Was her bus stop on the grassy knoll?