Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Less Huff In the Booth (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=48306)

MonkFan4Life 07-06-2012 02:42 PM

Re: Less Huff In the Booth

I was in no way implying that Doc should replace Larry. Putting him in the booth along with him is what I was saying.

los panda 07-08-2012 12:29 PM

shocking, i really thought huff would go the other way
[url=http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/07/08/sam-huff-says-he-wants-to-keep-calling-redskins-games/]Sam Huff says he wants to keep calling Redskins games | ProFootballTalk[/url]

REDSKINS4ever 07-08-2012 02:21 PM

If Sam Huff has been calling Redskins games for as long as he has, then he should definitely be allowed to do so especially if it's something he likes doing. If he can call 12 games, then why couldn't he call all 20 of them?

Giantone 07-08-2012 05:34 PM

[quote=REDSKINS4ever;923843]If Sam Huff has been calling Redskins games for as long as he has, then he should definitely be allowed to do so especially if it's something he likes doing. If he can call 12 games, then why couldn't he call all 20 of them?[/quote]

Have you heard him recently?It is not a shot in anyway but just becuase someone likes to do something does'nt mean he should.

Lotus 07-08-2012 05:39 PM

[quote=REDSKINS4ever;923843]If Sam Huff has been calling Redskins games for as long as he has, then he should definitely be allowed to do so especially if it's something he likes doing. [B]If he can call 12 games, then why couldn't he call all 20 of them?[/B][/quote]

Although he has been in the booth, Huff has not called a game in years. We're not even sure that he knows that he is at a game.

takethecake 07-08-2012 06:12 PM

I want Fred Smoot in the booth

CrustyRedskin 07-08-2012 06:15 PM

Tough crowd on ol Sam. Jeesh its the freakin radio for crying out loud.

SmootSmack 07-08-2012 06:41 PM

[quote=CrustyRedskin;923851]Tough crowd on ol Sam. [B]Jeesh its the freakin radio for crying out loud[/B].[/quote]

What does that mean?

Lotus 07-08-2012 06:50 PM

[quote=CrustyRedskin;923851]Tough crowd on ol Sam. Jeesh its the freakin radio for crying out loud.[/quote]

He was awesome in the '80's - one of the best in the biz. But the last few years he's just produced a series of uneducated, ridiculous, or non sequitur comments. This is not what you want on the radio.

NC_Skins 07-08-2012 07:08 PM

[quote=CrustyRedskin;923851]Tough crowd on ol Sam. Jeesh its the freakin radio for crying out loud.[/quote]

It's supposed to be a professional broadcast crew that covers a professional football team. It's not a comedy hour, it's not the Lavar and Dukes show, or the Mike Wise show. Their job is to do play by play announcing while providing professional analyst of the game. The whole crew needs to be replaced in my opinion.

Somebody who has excellent knowledge of the game and would be a great analyst is Matt Bowen. Not sure how he does on the air, but his knowledge and insight would be awesome.

irish 07-09-2012 07:20 AM

[quote=Mattyk;923666]Doc is best in small doses. Yeah he would get old really quick.[/quote]

I totally agree. Doc is the cliche king and that gets old fast. I dont have a problem with a 2 man booth of Larry & Sonny.

Monksdown 07-09-2012 08:05 AM

I like Huff in the booth. It reminds me how old the franchise is every time he tries to complete a sentence.

MTK 07-09-2012 08:17 AM

[quote=NC_Skins;923856][B]It's supposed to be a professional broadcast crew that covers a professional football team. It's not a comedy hour, it's not the Lavar and Dukes show, or the Mike Wise show. Their job is to do play by play announcing while providing professional analyst of the game.[/B] The whole crew needs to be replaced in my opinion.

Somebody who has excellent knowledge of the game and would be a great analyst is Matt Bowen. Not sure how he does on the air, but his knowledge and insight would be awesome.[/quote]

Exactly. I don't know why being on the radio should excuse them from doing a top notch job.

Monksdown 07-09-2012 08:35 AM

[quote=Mattyk;923874]Exactly. I don't know why being on the radio should excuse them from doing a top notch job.[/quote]

Most people feel that radio is a 3rd class entertainment citizen. The variance between Radio's quality and the other platforms(tv and online) is subjective but generally considered to be poorer. This leads to a varying degree of what people will stomach out of local radio broadcasters.

I personally like them all for what they're worth. If i want nostalgia, and full on coolaid, i listen to the radio. If i want information, i go to the internet. If i want to get drunk, i watch television.

SmootSmack 07-09-2012 09:29 AM

Quite candidly there are few things I detest more about being a Redskins fan than having to listen to Sam Huff. And I'm generally not one to get all carried away with who the announcers are. But Huff is so beyond horrible it's repulsive. For over a decade Frank and Sonny and later Larry and Sonny have been covering for him far more than people realize. That it's radio is no excuse, there were many times when I (and am sure many others) had no other means but the radio broadcast to catch a game.

I totally respect what Sam Huff has meant for not only the Redskins but the NFL as a whole. He changed the game, no question about it. And it's naive to think that his aggressive play didn't at least have some impact on his "inabilities' today. But enought is enough. He 100% must go.