Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Other Sports (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Wizards/NBA Offseason (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=48326)

Chico23231 07-06-2012 09:43 AM

Wizards/NBA Offseason

Insane all the Point Guard moves over the last couple days. I think Kyle Lowery to Toronto is the sleeper, best move of them. I love the Nash move, but he is going to have to adjust his game a lil...playing with Kobe is not easy. Really surprised NY is didnt match the Rockets offer. J Kidd doesnt have much left for the NY, but thats the Knicks.

I think the Wiz are set, just need that amnesty move to get rid of Blatche. I think a Vet combo guard maybe needed...Mo Williams was my choice, J Terry woulda never come here and Boston got him for cheap imo. Vet is needed somewhere in the back court.

Chico23231 07-06-2012 09:48 AM

Re: Wizards/NBA Offseason

Damn, forgot to mention the biggest PG move that didnt happen, Deron Williams staying in Brooklyn. Huge for them.

SmootSmack 07-06-2012 10:13 AM

What Rockets offer are you talking about that the Knicks didn't match? Lin? Thought that wasn't decided yet

Lakers-Great move getting Nash. It's a win now situation though and I wonder if Mike Brown is the right guy for that. The window is closing for both Nash and Kobe and they know it. Will be interesting to see if they add Grant Hill as well. I'm torn on whether they should move Bynum for Howard. Bynum is a superior offensive player, but they could use the defense Howard would bring. If I'm Orlando though why would I want to trade for Bynum when (I believe) he's on the market at the end of next season.

Suns-The four draft picks they got include two (at best) late first rounders. But they got something at least. Smart move though getting Dragic back. But he's not a starter in this league, in my opinion. I don't get the Beasley move really. Everyone says "wait till he gets it" Well, how long are people going to wait?

Nets-Deron Williams and Joe Johnson is as good a backcourt as any in the East

Raptors-I like Lowry, but don't know enough about the team otherwise

Knicks-So right now their point guards are Jason Kidd and Baron Davis? They need Lin back, he's not great but he's young and create on the offense. Kidd is a shell of his former self. I don't like that move for the Knicks really. Mavs are probably upset they lost Terry and Kidd and missed out on Deron, but they may end up being better off

Wolves-Very mixed feelings on the Brandon Roy move. Is he healthy is the biggest question. Second is how will that offense work with Roy, Rubio, Ridnour. I don't see it being very fluid

Chico23231 07-06-2012 10:40 AM

Yeah the Lin deal is not done, I didnt think NY was going to match if backloaded, which it is. Knicks could still make it work. I really hate what the Knicks have become, but I do like the nickname NY has given to Carmelo... Marsh Melo cause he is soft and fat.

I would easily move Bynum, too inconsistent for me...rarely see 100% from him. I would say Bynum attitude is an issue, but replacing him with a schizophrenic Howard, its a wash.

Rockets stratgey is just bizarre. Lowery was a monster last year before he got sick.

Does Blatche get let go at some point? I hope so

Chico23231 07-06-2012 12:01 PM

[url=http://tracking.si.com/2012/07/06/nick-young-signs-philadelphia-76ers/]Report: Nick Young reaches deal with Philadelphia 76ers | SI Tracking Blog – Tracking MLB, NBA, NFL, NHL, and NCAA On Twitter[/url]

philly not a spot I thought he end up

Monkeydad 07-06-2012 12:33 PM

[quote=Chico23231;923670]Damn, forgot to mention the biggest PG move that didnt happen, Deron Williams staying in Brooklyn. Huge for them.[/quote]

Deron and Dwight will make the Nets the top team in the East.

NC_Skins 07-06-2012 01:25 PM

[quote=Monkeydad;923696]Deron and Dwight will make the Nets the top team in the East.[/quote]

Deron - 20 mil/yr
Joe J. - 21 mil/yr

They have no cap room for Dwight. I always thought Dan Snyder was a idiot for overpaying people, but he can't hold a candle to NBA owners when it comes to overpaying for talent.

Deron Williams doesn't deserve a max contract. They'll be dying to dump that salary in a couple years. Joe Johnson should be charged with robbery for netting that contract from the Hawks. There are but a handful of guys who's talent should command a max contract and it's none of these guys.

dmek25 07-06-2012 03:11 PM

as a sixer fan, what do i need to know about Young?

Chico23231 07-06-2012 03:20 PM

[quote=dmek25;923728]as a sixer fan, what do i need to know about Young?[/quote]

he will give you zero on the defensive end. Its like 4 on 5 in the half court defensive set. He doesnt like to pass, if the ball is in rotation and comes to him, he will shoot it

InsaneBoost 07-06-2012 03:26 PM

Nick Young, that's a guy I won't miss. Jesus man, guy would just shoot shoot shoot. Granted, once and awhile he'd heat up and drop 30-40, too bad that only would happen once a month if you were lucky.

Reminds me a lot of Stoglin who played for the Terps (if you know who he is), only difference in Stoglin would make the majority of his shots taken.

CooleyAsCanBe 07-06-2012 04:44 PM

[quote=NC_Skins;923704]Deron - 20 mil/yr
Joe J. - 21 mil/yr

They have no cap room for Dwight. I always thought Dan Snyder was a idiot for overpaying people, but he can't hold a candle to NBA owners when it comes to overpaying for talent.

Deron Williams doesn't deserve a max contract. They'll be dying to dump that salary in a couple years. Joe Johnson should be charged with robbery for netting that contract from the Hawks. There are but a handful of guys who's talent should command a max contract and it's none of these guys.[/quote]

I agree the Nets are going to have cap issues, but with their multi-billionaire owner, they may be one of the few teams willing to pay the increased luxury taxes under the new system.

They don't have great pieces to offer the Magic in return for Dwight, but with the three players they now have (Williams, Johnson, Wallace), getting Dwight would make them an instant championship contender. Johnson and Williams aren't the very best players at their positions, but they aren't far off. Overpaid, but they'll produce for you.

itvnetop 07-06-2012 06:39 PM

[quote=NC_Skins;923704]Deron - 20 mil/yr
Joe J. - 21 mil/yr

Deron Williams doesn't deserve a max contract. They'll be dying to dump that salary in a couple years. Joe Johnson should be charged with robbery for netting that contract from the Hawks. There are but a handful of guys who's talent should command a max contract and it's none of these guys.[/quote]

I think Deron deserves max... he's a top 3 PG, imo.

The Johnson contract is horrible, but I don't think the Nets keep Williams if they don't make that move (and the Howard trade wasn't a sure thing... especially with the Magic holding the cards). Williams, Wallace and Johnson were needed to bring legitimacy to the team when they move.

And this owner probably isn't scared of the luxury tax.

IrMitchell 07-07-2012 04:09 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;923675]What Rockets offer are you talking about that the Knicks didn't match? Lin? Thought that wasn't decided yet

Lakers-Great move getting Nash. It's a win now situation though and I wonder if Mike Brown is the right guy for that. The window is closing for both Nash and Kobe and they know it. Will be interesting to see if they add Grant Hill as well. I'm torn on whether they should move Bynum for Howard. Bynum is a superior offensive player, but they could use the defense Howard would bring. If I'm Orlando though why would I want to trade for Bynum when (I believe) he's on the market at the end of next season.

Suns-The four draft picks they got include two (at best) late first rounders. But they got something at least. Smart move though getting Dragic back. But he's not a starter in this league, in my opinion. I don't get the Beasley move really. Everyone says "wait till he gets it" Well, how long are people going to wait?

Nets-Deron Williams and Joe Johnson is as good a backcourt as any in the East

[B]Raptors-I like Lowry, but don't know enough about the team otherwise[/B]

Knicks-So right now their point guards are Jason Kidd and Baron Davis? They need Lin back, he's not great but he's young and create on the offense. Kidd is a shell of his former self. I don't like that move for the Knicks really. Mavs are probably upset they lost Terry and Kidd and missed out on Deron, but they may end up being better off

Wolves-Very mixed feelings on the Brandon Roy move. Is he healthy is the biggest question. Second is how will that offense work with Roy, Rubio, Ridnour. I don't see it being very fluid[/quote]
The key to the Raptors lies in Jonas Valanciunas. Is he deserving of the hype? If not, Raps are the same old Raps.

Chico23231 07-15-2012 07:47 PM

[url=http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/8168185/2012-nba-free-agency-new-york-knicks-match-jeremy-lin-houston-rockets-offer-sheet-sources-say]2012 NBA free agency -- New York Knicks won't match Jeremy Lin's Houston Rockets offer sheet, sources say - ESPN New York[/url]

Wow. Text my sister's fiance who is a season ticket holder for the Knicks and he is so effing pissed. He gave me the old "im giving my tickets up" line, which he will never do. Nice shot by his teamate Carmelo calling Lin out on the "ridiculous" contract. Thats rich coming from Melo. The move for Felton is a bad one imo. Oh and there's this:

[url=http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/8168193/jason-kidd-new-york-knicks-arrested-charged-dwi]Jason Kidd of New York Knicks arrested, charged with DWI - ESPN New York[/url]

Dude is out hitting telephone poles, god d*mn.

itvnetop 07-17-2012 07:07 PM

[quote=Chico23231;924738][url=http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/8168185/2012-nba-free-agency-new-york-knicks-match-jeremy-lin-houston-rockets-offer-sheet-sources-say]2012 NBA free agency -- New York Knicks won't match Jeremy Lin's Houston Rockets offer sheet, sources say - ESPN New York[/url]

Wow. Text my sister's fiance who is a season ticket holder for the Knicks and he is so effing pissed. He gave me the old "im giving my tickets up" line, which he will never do. Nice shot by his teamate Carmelo calling Lin out on the "ridiculous" contract. Thats rich coming from Melo. The move for Felton is a bad one imo. Oh and there's this:

[url=http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/8168193/jason-kidd-new-york-knicks-arrested-charged-dwi]Jason Kidd of New York Knicks arrested, charged with DWI - ESPN New York[/url]

Dude is out hitting telephone poles, god d*mn.[/quote]

Morey totally trolled Dolan with that poison pill... Lin is going to put Houston on television and back on China's radar.

And in other news:

[URL="http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/andray-blatche-waived-washington-wizards-lapdance-tuesday-224626955--nba.html"]Lap dances for all Wiz fans![/URL]

Dirtbag59 07-17-2012 08:00 PM

[url=http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8174865/washington-wizards-use-amnesty-clause-troubled-forward-andray-blatche]Washington Wizards use amnesty clause on troubled forward Andray Blatche - ESPN[/url]

Meh.

"Heat amnesty LeBron James."

That would be a headline.

Chico23231 07-17-2012 08:12 PM

[quote=itvnetop;925108]Morey totally trolled Dolan with that poison pill... Lin is going to put Houston on television and back on China's radar.

And in other news:

[URL="http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/andray-blatche-waived-washington-wizards-lapdance-tuesday-224626955--nba.html"]Lap dances for all Wiz fans![/URL][/quote]

Blatche is gone, somewhere SS is toasting champagne.

NC_Skins 07-19-2012 09:39 AM

[url=http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8179311/javale-mcgee-denver-nuggets-agree-multiyear-contract]JaVale McGee, Denver Nuggets agree on multiyear contract - ESPN[/url]

:rofl:

4yr/44mil???

SmootSmack 07-19-2012 09:45 AM

13 players have been amnestied the past two years, 4 of them were Wizards-Rashard Lewis, Gilbert Arenas, Brendan Haywood, Andray Blatche. Go Grunfeld!!...sigh

Like what the Mavericks have been able to do after missing out on Deron Williams.

And how is Jason Kidd not dead or in a coma after his crash?

[IMG]http://static.globalgrind.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/article_images_540/images/2012_july/image_6.jpeg[/IMG]

NC_Skins 07-19-2012 10:19 AM

Not only is he fortunate that he isn't killed, but fortunate he didn't kill anybody else either. Rich guys with money that care too cheap to take limos/cabs. Mind boggling.

mooby 07-19-2012 10:31 AM

[quote=NC_Skins;925389][URL="http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8179311/javale-mcgee-denver-nuggets-agree-multiyear-contract"]JaVale McGee, Denver Nuggets agree on multiyear contract - ESPN[/URL]

:rofl:

4yr/44mil???[/quote]

That'll make him grow up. :rolleyes:

NC_Skins 07-20-2012 10:02 AM

More dumb moves from the NBA.

[url=http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8182973/nba-adds-three-additional-uses-instant-replay-2012-13-season]NBA adds three additional uses of instant replay for 2012-13 season - ESPN[/url]

[quote]Stern met with the media after the Board of Governors held their annual summer meeting, and said the league is looking to add possibly $100 million in revenue by permitting small advertising patches on uniforms starting in the 2013-14 season.

"The view is that the teams would need a significant time; one, to sell the patch; and number two, for adidas to manufacture the uniforms, because the patch that would be on the players' uniforms would also appear on the jerseys at retail," said deputy commissioner Adam Silver, who is handling the uniform change.[/quote]

Soon, they'll have jerseys that will resemble NASCAR vehicles.

NC_Skins 08-09-2012 10:44 PM

[url=http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8252042/sources-dwight-howard-los-angeles-lakers-four-team-deal-complete]Sources -- Dwight Howard-to-Los Angeles Lakers four-team deal complete - ESPN[/url]

[quote]A source with direct knowledge of the talks told ESPN.com's Marc Stein the Lakers will receive Howard, the Denver Nuggets will acquire Andre Iguodala, the 76ers will receive Andrew Bynum and Jason Richardson, and the Magic will get Arron Afflalo, Al Harrington, Nikola Vucevic and one protected future first-round pick from each of the other three teams.

Lakers - Dwight Howard
Nuggets - Andre Iguodala
76ers - Andrew Bynum, Jason Richardson
Magic - Arron Afflalo, Al Harrington, Nikola Vucevic, Moe Harkless*
*- Magic also get protected first-round picks from other three teams

In addition, the Magic will be getting other pieces, including 76ers No. 1 draft pick Moe Harkless, a source told Stein.[/quote]

The drama queen is gone. Can't wait till the implosion of the Lakers. I read this article where Kobe and Dwight talked on the phone sometime last year talking about what a offense would look like with them on the same team. Kobe had one image and Dwight had another. Needless to say they weren't on the same page at all and pretty much why the Lakers (specifically Bryant) stopped with the trade inquiries.

I still think they had a better deal on the table with the Nets. Brook Lopez and 3 first rounders.

skinsfaninok 08-09-2012 10:53 PM

[QUOTE=NC_Skins;929985][url=http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8252042/sources-dwight-howard-los-angeles-lakers-four-team-deal-complete]Sources -- Dwight Howard-to-Los Angeles Lakers four-team deal complete - ESPN[/url]

The drama queen is gone. Can't wait till the implosion of the Lakers. I read this article where Kobe and Dwight talked on the phone sometime last year talking about what a offense would look like with them on the same team. Kobe had one image and Dwight had another. Needless to say they weren't on the same page at all and pretty much why the Lakers (specifically Bryant) stopped with the trade inquiries.

I still think they had a better deal on the table with the Nets. Brook Lopez and 3 first rounders.[/QUOTE]

Damn my thunder just got a harder road to the title. Lakers r loaded

SmootSmack 08-09-2012 10:56 PM

Don't know what the Magic were thinking

Chico23231 08-09-2012 11:05 PM

How does the "protected" first round picks work? Is that basically non lottery picks? Arron Afflalo, Al Harrington are inconsistent role players at best, not exactly who you build your team around. If I were the Magic, I woulda pushed for Iguodala at least. Jeezz

NC_Skins 08-09-2012 11:15 PM

[quote=Chico23231;929992]How does the "protected" first round picks work? Is that basically non lottery picks? Arron Afflalo, Al Harrington are inconsistent role players at best, not exactly who you build your team around. If I were the Magic, I woulda pushed for Iguodala at least. Jeezz[/quote]

My guess is they didn't want that contract that went with Iguodala. Nobody does...lol

Still don't get why they didn't accept the Nets deal that would have given them 3 1st rounders and a young center who's on the verge of being a annual all-star. Guess they were just trying to dump contracts???

skinsfaninok 08-09-2012 11:21 PM

The magic r about to be bad for a long time

SmootSmack 08-10-2012 09:32 AM

[quote=Chico23231;929992]How does the "protected" first round picks work? Is that basically non lottery picks? Arron Afflalo, Al Harrington are inconsistent role players at best, not exactly who you build your team around. If I were the Magic, I woulda pushed for Iguodala at least. Jeezz[/quote]

Yeah I think for this trade I heard if the picks are in the top 15 the original team keeps them. So the Magic won't get any first round picks between 1-15, which just adds to the confusion over why they made this trade

mredskins 08-10-2012 09:42 AM

[quote=skinsfaninok;929988]Damn my thunder just got a harder road to the title. Lakers r loaded[/quote]

Hmmmm...really Bynum for Howard is a wash with a slight edge to Howard. Nash getting old and Kobe getting old. My money is still on OKC.

Ruhskins 08-10-2012 09:47 AM

[quote=NC_Skins;929985][url=http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8252042/sources-dwight-howard-los-angeles-lakers-four-team-deal-complete]Sources -- Dwight Howard-to-Los Angeles Lakers four-team deal complete - ESPN[/url]

I still think they had a better deal on the table with the Nets. Brook Lopez and 3 first rounders.[/quote]

So the Lakers didn't have to give up Gasol? Wow.

mooby 08-10-2012 10:17 AM

[quote=SmootSmack;930080]Yeah I think for this trade I heard if the picks are in the top 15 the original team keeps them. So the Magic won't get any first round picks between 1-15, which just adds to the confusion over why they made this trade[/quote]

Wow. That's a pretty weak deal for the Magic then. Especially considering the Lakers didn't give up Gasol.

NC_Skins 08-10-2012 10:19 AM

[quote=Ruhskins;930091]So the Lakers didn't have to give up Gasol? Wow.[/quote]

Nope. So now they have Gasol, Bryant, Howard, AND Nash on that team. Granted, that's a old team (minus Howard), but it's still a lot of talent.

Third time saying it, but god damn the Magic were stupid for not taking that Brook Lopez deal over this.

hooskins 08-23-2012 02:28 PM

Kings to Va. Beach?

[url]http://m.washingtonpost.com/blogs/early-lead/post/report-sacramento-kings-eying-move-to-virginia-beach/2012/08/23/9cebf9bc-ed45-11e1-b09d-07d971dee30a_blog.html[/url]

SmootSmack 08-23-2012 09:13 PM

Martell Webster to the Wizards

Monkeydad 08-24-2012 10:54 AM

[quote=hooskins;933006]Kings to Va. Beach?

[URL="http://m.washingtonpost.com/blogs/early-lead/post/report-sacramento-kings-eying-move-to-virginia-beach/2012/08/23/9cebf9bc-ed45-11e1-b09d-07d971dee30a_blog.html"]Washington Post[/URL][/quote]

Yeah, Sacramento just can't keep an NBA team.

I wonder if they'd bring the Kings name with them. They've moved with it before from Kansas City. They were the Buffalo Braves before that. This team just can't find a home. I'd like to see the NBA do a retraction and eliminate the Kings, Bobcats, Raptors and Hornets. They're all failures on the court and financially too. The NBA expanded too far to stay profitable and put out a quality product in all cities.

If they Kings do bring their name to VA Beach, I'd hope they'd go back to the light blue and red color scheme of the past...it would fit perfectly for VA Beach. Light blue and orange would be even better. The Purple and Black scheme looks like a clone of the LA Kings hockey team, they need to leave that in California.

Virginia Beach Kings would sound great. :D

[IMG]http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljmjhcuoX51qa74k5.jpg[/IMG]

VA Beach Braves would be cool too...if they adopted the Redskins color scheme.

SmootSmack 08-24-2012 11:00 AM

I just can't see it happening. For one thing, this talk about Comcast getting ownership and broadcasting their games? Where? Comcast Washington probably wouldn't carry the games and they don't have a regional network in Virginia Beach/North Carolina that I know of.

Also, I'm not sure Leonsis and Jordan would like a team in that market.

They should just go back to KC and the Sprint Center, or better yet figure out a way to stay in Sacramento

Chico23231 08-24-2012 11:02 AM

They're gonna end up in Seattle, thats my feeling

SmootSmack 08-24-2012 11:35 AM

Not before Stern retires

Chico23231 09-29-2012 10:24 AM

[url=http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8437106/washington-wizards-pg-john-wall-knee-miss-8-weeks]Washington Wizards PG John Wall (knee) to miss about 8 weeks - ESPN[/url]

jeez man this sux. AND Nene dealing with the foot already?