Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Around the nfl: Pre season week 1 (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=48654)

skinsfaninok 08-05-2012 08:14 PM

Around the nfl: Pre season week 1

Hof game going on.
Saints marching down the field with ease

skinsfaninok 08-05-2012 08:22 PM

Kolbs first pass is an int... Yikes

SmootSmack 08-05-2012 08:24 PM

Re: Around the nfl: Pre season week 1

We Want Skelton...We Want Skelton...

Alvin Walton 08-05-2012 08:24 PM

Kevin Korn Kob sucks red baboon ass.

Shadowbyte 08-05-2012 08:27 PM

Kevin Kolb, what a joke lol. That's why you never pay starting QB money to someone who has a losing record and has threw for more INT's than touchdowns.

GMScud 08-05-2012 08:32 PM

Hey SS, it's about to be the Chase Daniel show. You can put your man crush on full display!

skinsfaninok 08-05-2012 08:43 PM

Chase is the real deal!

WestCoastSkinsFan 08-05-2012 08:44 PM

Just when you think that things for Kevin Kolb couldn't get much worse... ouch.

skinsfaninok 08-05-2012 08:45 PM

[QUOTE=WestCoastSkinsFan;928689]Just when you think that things for Kevin Kolb couldn't get much worse... ouch.[/QUOTE]

Yeah he's definitely not their QB

GMScud 08-05-2012 08:50 PM

[quote=WestCoastSkinsFan;928689]Just when you think that things for Kevin Kolb couldn't get much worse... ouch.[/quote]

They're calling it a "rib contusion." At least it wasn't another concussion.

skinsfaninok 08-05-2012 09:06 PM

The saints are ridiculously loaded. Even without peyton and vilma they should win 10 games

Alvin Walton 08-05-2012 09:16 PM

The fake collars on the Saints uni's look stupid.

GMScud 08-05-2012 09:26 PM

I really like Nessler/Mayock in the booth.

skinsfaninok 08-05-2012 10:18 PM

[QUOTE=GMScud;928700]I really like Nessler/Mayock in the booth.[/QUOTE]

Much better than that Italian dude and deion sanders

I had the privalge of meeting Brad nessler a few years ago and he's a real down to earth guy.

Dirtbag59 08-05-2012 10:46 PM

Lol @ Vinny
[url=http://espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/story/_/id/8236487/chicago-bears-wr-devin-thomas-tweets-retiring-25]Chicago Bears WR Devin Thomas tweets he's retiring at 25 - ESPN Chicago[/url]

Pigskins 08-05-2012 11:11 PM

These refs sound like nervous wrecks when announcing penaltys, anyone else think so?

skinsfaninok 08-05-2012 11:18 PM

yeah they seemed like it..

skinsfaninok 08-05-2012 11:27 PM

on a serious note... Arizona is in TROUBLE... And on behalf of Andy Reid that guy was a genius when trading Ncnabb and Kolb.. They loaded up on picks for 2 guys that couldn't even play anymore..

SFREDSKIN 08-05-2012 11:37 PM

[quote=Dirtbag59;928707]Lol @ Vinny
[url=http://espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/story/_/id/8236487/chicago-bears-wr-devin-thomas-tweets-retiring-25]Chicago Bears WR Devin Thomas tweets he's retiring at 25 - ESPN Chicago[/url][/quote]

Retiring from what? Modeling? His so called NFL career was very short lived, he sucked that's why Vinny drafted him ;)

CultBrennan59 08-05-2012 11:39 PM

The refs are going to quietly be a major story in the nfl this year with lots of blown calls.

skinsfaninok 08-05-2012 11:41 PM

[QUOTE=CultBrennan59;928721]The refs are going to quietly be a major story in the nfl this year with lots of blown calls.[/QUOTE]

If.... They actually go with it

Alvin Walton 08-06-2012 09:27 AM

So how long until we trade Cousins to the Cardinals?

Monkeydad 08-06-2012 10:24 AM

[quote=Dirtbag59;928707]Lol @ Vinny
[URL="http://espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/story/_/id/8236487/chicago-bears-wr-devin-thomas-tweets-retiring-25"]Chicago Bears WR Devin Thomas tweets he's retiring at 25 - ESPN Chicago[/URL][/quote]

Nice. Announcing retirement by Twitter is like breaking up with your girl via a text message.

Retiring now? He's peaking...had some nice special teams plays for the Giants last year...in fact, he got them to the Super Bowl by causing that butter-fingered rookie for the Niners to fumble again.

Monkeydad 08-06-2012 10:25 AM

[quote=Alvin Walton;928761]So how long until we trade Cousins to the Cardinals?[/quote]

Yeah, we'll take a comparable deal to the Kolb trade....Patrick Peterson.

30gut 08-06-2012 10:28 AM

Dolphins QBs are reported getting over 120 reps per practice

for those who've been to TC whats a guesstimate on our QB rep numbers?

MTK 08-06-2012 10:34 AM

[quote=30gut;928779]Dolphins QBs are reported getting over 120 reps per practice

for those who've been to TC whats a guesstimate on our QB rep numbers?[/quote]

Throwing or just overall?

MTK 08-06-2012 11:25 AM

I asked John Keim on Twitter how many reps RG3 gets, he said

[QUOTE]not sure of the count. obviously it's a lot. normal for a starter.[/QUOTE]

30gut 08-06-2012 12:02 PM

Thanks again, I should have been more clear but I was curious about throwing reps against defenses (7-7, 11-11).

And tell Keim thanks, although he obviously didn't give the question/answer much thought.

I'm curious how many reps he's getting vs other QBs especially considering the tempo of the offense.
Philbin runs a decidedly up tempo offense by design with the aim of running more plays in actual games.
I'm sure that has a transfer effect towards the amount of available reps in their practices vs non-uptempo teams.

gotta run

Giantone 08-06-2012 02:17 PM

[quote=30gut;928779]Dolphins QBs are reported getting over 120 reps per practice

for those who've been to TC whats a guesstimate on our QB rep numbers?[/quote]

Divided up how,warm ups included?

MTK 08-06-2012 02:19 PM

Philbin runs a crazy up tempo practice, definitely not the norm.

Peter King talks about it here

[QUOTE]I really like how the Dolphins practice.

I wrote about this in my Dolphins training-camp postcard (cheap plug ), but wanted to expand on it here. I've seen some interesting, fairly new things on this trip. The Jaguars' Big Uglies doing yoga in the locker room after practice, for instance. But the smartest thing I've seen so far is the practice regimen of Joe Philbin. He doesn't want to keep his players on the field for the full three-hour allotment for padded practice because of the south Florida heat. But while they're out there, he wants to max out the number of plays because he's trying to get the three quarterbacks competing for the starting job as much work as he can wedge into a two-and-a-half-hour practice.

Here's how he changes it up to get the play count up: On a full field, the coaches line up at the 50. One full team plays 11-on-11 heading north on the field; when I was there, David Garrard piloted the first offense against the defense. As soon as Garrard ran a play and the whistle blew, ending the play, the coaches turned around to see an entirely separate 11-on-11 play, the offense led by rookie quarterback Ryan Tannehill. When that play ended, boom, the coaches turned around and Garrard was calling signals for his next play. And so on. Ten plays per period per 11-on-11 unit, so 20 in all -- in maybe four or five minutes.

In the first five practices this summer, Philbin's coaches scripted what he called 572 competitive plays. Because of the hurry-up concept, the players ran 657. That's an extra 85 plays -- 17 per day.

"I've never seen it before,'' said GM Jeff Ireland. "The tempo's earth shattering.''

Garrard was very good the day I saw him, throwing well on the run and hitting Wallace on a deep go. And very determined. "I've got a fire in my belly to finish my career the right way,'' said Garrard, released just before the Jacksonville opener last year. Which, by the way, still hurts. "They introduced me at the team luncheon as the starting quarterback, and as soon as we get back after the luncheon I'm told to go see [coach] Jack Del Rio, and he says, 'We feel it's best to go in a different direction.' They threw me under the bus, which I didn't appreciate.''

Now he has a chance to climb out from under the bus and get the last laugh. But he'd better be fast about it.

Read more: [url=http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/peter_king/08/05/mmqb/index.html#ixzz22n8KebhD]Garrett Reid had key role in Eagles-Michael Vick marriage; nuggets from Week 2 of my camp tour - Peter King - SI.com[/url][/QUOTE]

Drewsky27 08-06-2012 05:21 PM

Anyone know of where i can watch the redskins preseason games online for free? Thanks.

Lotus 08-06-2012 05:31 PM

[quote=Drewsky27;928903]Anyone know of where i can watch the redskins preseason games online for free? Thanks.[/quote]

You really don't want anyone here to answer your question because the NFL internet police will stop in, find the links, and then shut them down.

Your best best is to google right before game time.

30gut 08-06-2012 11:19 PM

[quote=Giantone;928859]Divided up how,warm ups included?[/quote]
Phins have 3 QBs but the reps aren't divided evenly.
They rotate the No.1 who gets the lions share and 2-3 split the rest.

30gut 08-06-2012 11:25 PM

[quote=Mattyk;928860]Philbin runs a crazy up tempo practice, definitely not the norm.

Peter King talks about it here[/quote]That's what I figured, which would make them a poor barometer for comparison.

But, when I watch practice on TV compared to other teams I see on TV it seems like Griff and the Skins QBs in general don't throw a high volume of passes (nor move throw the passing portion at a brisk pace). e.g. Panthers, Saints, Lions
And the attempts totals I hear kinda reflect that.
Today I heard Griff had about 20 attempts, which seems to be about the norm from what I've heard reported.
For a point of reference Luck threw 32 passes in his first practice.

[quote=Giantone;928859]Divided up how,warm ups included?[/quote]
Warms up not included only live (contested reps) 7-7 or 11-11

Lotus 08-07-2012 01:32 AM

[quote=30gut;928965]That's what I figured, which would make them a poor barometer for comparison.

But, when I watch practice on TV compared to other teams I see on TV it seems like Griff and the Skins QBs in general don't throw a high volume of passes (nor move throw the passing portion at a brisk pace). e.g. Panthers, Saints, Lions
And the attempts totals I hear kinda reflect that.
[B]Today I heard Griff had about 20 attempts, which seems to be about the norm from what I've heard reported.
For a point of reference Luck threw 32 passes in his first practice.[/B]

Warms up not included only live (contested reps) 7-7 or 11-11[/quote]

It is hard to come across actual rep counts but the reports I've seen say that Gryphon has been running a lot in 11-11 action. I find this a bit bothersome if true. Not because I oppose his running (as you know) but because his arm sounds under-utilized.

I guess we'll see more on Thursday.

skinsfaninok 08-09-2012 08:40 PM

Heard Mike v already injured? And looks like rivers is ready to rebound

Ruhskins 08-09-2012 09:04 PM

Michael Bush with a fumble in the Bears/Broncos game. Manning threw an INT before that, though it was off the receivers hands.

mooby 08-10-2012 08:24 PM

Stephon Heyer sighting in this Jets-Bengals game. Maybe we could trade for him to add to our depth?

mooby 08-10-2012 08:27 PM

Stephon Heyer in midseason form, just got called for a hold. Tim Tebow just had the grittiest little 14 yard run evah!

Chico23231 08-10-2012 08:56 PM

[url=http://espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp12/story/_/id/8257548/sources-green-bay-packers-expected-sign-rb-cedric-benson]Sources -- Green Bay Packers expected to sign RB Cedric Benson - ESPN[/url]

Didnt see Benson going here. I had heard the Pack were more than happy with the RBs coming into camp...well guess not after 1 preseason game