Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Playbook (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Someone quoted me? (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=48690)

punch it in 08-08-2012 04:11 PM

Someone quoted me?

How do I know if someone quoted a post of mine, and also - when I try to use an emoticon it always ends up next to the subject line instead of in the body of text where I want to put it? Any answers would be greatly appreciated and never duplicated.

mooby 08-08-2012 04:13 PM

Re: Someone quoted me?

[quote=punch it in;929391]How do I know if someone quoted a post of mine, and also - when I try to use an emoticon it always ends up next to the subject line instead of in the body of text where I want to put it? Any answers would be greatly appreciated and never duplicated.[/quote]

1. Read the thread you posted in.

2. Idk what you're doing wrong, wherever the cursor is is where the emoticon will appear from my personal experience. :) See?

MTK 08-08-2012 04:17 PM

Never heard of being able to track who quotes you.

CrazyCanuck 08-08-2012 05:18 PM

[quote=punch it in;929391]when I try to use an emoticon it always ends up next to the subject line instead of in the body of text where I want to put it?[/quote]

You are probably choosing the emoticons at the bottom under "post icons". Instead you should use the smilie dropdown list at the top next to font,bold,etc.

punch it in 08-08-2012 07:23 PM

[quote=CrazyCanuck;929430]You are probably choosing the emoticons at the bottom under "post icons". Instead you should use the smilie dropdown list at the top next to font,bold,etc.[/quote]

Thanks..............:food-smil

punch it in 08-08-2012 07:27 PM

[quote=Mattyk;929401]Never heard of being able to track who quotes you.[/quote]

Yeah on ES if someone quoted you - like I just did - than you would get a notification. I guess if you go way back into an older or very active thread and quote someone - than they would know without having to go back into that old thread - i like this site and the people on it so much more than ES - that is the only thing I wish we had here - wish I was more computer savvy and could tell you how to do it>?

MTK 08-08-2012 07:33 PM

[quote=punch it in;929445]Yeah on ES if someone quoted you - like I just did - than you would get a notification. I guess if you go way back into an older or very active thread and quote someone - than they would know without having to go back into that old thread - i like this site and the people on it so much more than ES - that is the only thing I wish we had here - wish I was more computer savvy and could tell you how to do it>?[/quote]

They use a newer version of vbulletin so it's probably a feature we'll have eventually, once I get around to upgrading.

punch it in 08-08-2012 07:42 PM

[quote=Mattyk;929446]They use a newer version of vbulletin so it's probably a feature we'll have eventually, once I get around to upgrading.[/quote]

Cool............

CrazyCanuck 08-08-2012 08:41 PM

[quote=Mattyk;929446]They use a newer version of vbulletin so it's probably a feature we'll have eventually, once I get around to upgrading.[/quote]

That would be a really good feature actually.

On another message board that I use, I get notified every time someone [B]posts[/B] in a thread that I posted in. That would [B]NOT[/B] be a good feature for the Warpath. :)

FRPLG 08-08-2012 11:34 PM

I think that used to be an option here...maybe still is.

MTK 08-09-2012 08:20 AM

[quote=CrazyCanuck;929462]That would be a really good feature actually.

On another message board that I use, I get notified every time someone [B]posts[/B] in a thread that I posted in. That would [B]NOT[/B] be a good feature for the Warpath. :)[/quote]

You can do that, User CP, edit options, default thread subscription mode.

You can choose an instant, daily or weekly notification.

NC_Skins 08-09-2012 08:26 AM

Speaking of quotes. Why doesn't the "multi-quote" thingie work?

MTK 08-09-2012 08:48 AM

It works, depending on your browser. What are you using?

NC_Skins 08-09-2012 09:31 AM

[quote=Mattyk;929537]It works, depending on your browser. What are you using?[/quote]

Mozilla Firefox 14.0.1

mooby 08-09-2012 09:41 AM

That doesn't work for me either, I know it's only been back for a little while and I haven't tested it on the Chrome I use at home, but it doesn't work for me at work either (IE definitely not the newest version)

MTK 08-09-2012 10:24 AM

I'll just disable it for now. Seems to be a problematic feature from what I'm reading on some help forums.

punch it in 08-09-2012 11:11 AM

[quote=mooby;929560]That doesn't work for me either, I know it's only been back for a little while and I haven't tested it on the Chrome I use at home, but it doesn't work for me at work either (IE definitely not the newest version)[/quote]

Oooooohhhh - your posting at work! :spank:

Dirtbag59 08-09-2012 12:18 PM

One of my favorite forums in terms of features has been [URL="http://www.holdtheline.com/"]Hold the Line[/URL]. Very modern layout and very good at keeping track of events such as liking post, quotes, updates to threads etc. The problem is it can be relatively slow even with high speed internet.

The thing I like about this site is even though the look is slightly dated compared to recent developments in forum layouts it's still much faster and easier to navigate then the newer forum designs and right now I prefer the speed and ease of use to the cool extras that come with the newer layouts.

Monkeydad 08-09-2012 01:04 PM

[quote=Mattyk;929401]Never heard of being able to track who quotes you.[/quote]

Sounds like someone is paranoid. :D