Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Skins/Bills postgame (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=48730)

MTK 08-10-2012 08:27 AM

Skins/Bills postgame

How about that RG3 guy? I think he might be pretty good. ;)

[url=http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/peter_king/08/09/robert-griffin-iii-preseason-debut-redskins/index.html?sct=nfl_t11_a0]Robert Griffin III shines in exhibition debut for Washington Redskins - Peter King - SI.com[/url]

[IMG]http://i2.cdn.turner.com/si/2012/writers/peter_king/08/09/robert-griffin-iii-preseason-debut-redskins/120809.31.jpg[/IMG]

mredskins 08-10-2012 08:30 AM

Re: Skins/Bills postgame

The only negative for the Redskins after Griffin's strong debut: Trent Williams, Washington's best offensive lineman, went up the tunnel at halftime limping, seeming to favor his left leg. The team made no announcement about his status during the game, and he was on the sidelines for the second half. If he's hurt and misses time, it'll be a huge blow to the Redskins' effort to keep Griffin clean against opposing rushes.

Read more: [url=http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/peter_king/08/09/robert-griffin-iii-preseason-debut-redskins/index.html#ixzz2396T0Ggd]Robert Griffin III shines in exhibition debut for Washington Redskins - Peter King - SI.com[/url]

mredskins 08-10-2012 08:31 AM

how many long time redskins fans held their breath whne Garcon did that flip thing at the end of his TD run. I was almost positive he was going to break his back, knowing our luck!

SkinsHulk 08-10-2012 08:36 AM

Adam Gettis looked out of step almost like he had no clue each play who/how to block. The run game Failed.
Defense however, made me pleased with the quality of depth.

skinsfan69 08-10-2012 08:43 AM

Before we put RG3 in the HOF let's remember it's PRE SEASON. John Beck looked good in pre season. He had one nice drive, snapped off a few nice throws which was very nice. He looked like he belonged out there. Good to see Hank out there too. Garcon had a great night. The first team o-line was pushed around on run plays. Banks can't play wr in this league. Simply not big or physical enough.

Really liked this dude Chris Baker. He was un blockable. Richard Crawford...I think he's earning a spot on this team. Had some nice punt returns and made some nice plays on d....as did Josh Wilson.

mooby 08-10-2012 08:49 AM

You know I think RG3 might be a sleeper candidate for preseason hero, he's a guy who has done well in limited opportunities.

MTK 08-10-2012 08:50 AM

[quote=mredskins;930035]The only negative for the Redskins after Griffin's strong debut: Trent Williams, Washington's best offensive lineman, went up the tunnel at halftime limping, seeming to favor his left leg. The team made no announcement about his status during the game, and he was on the sidelines for the second half. If he's hurt and misses time, it'll be a huge blow to the Redskins' effort to keep Griffin clean against opposing rushes.

Read more: [url=http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/peter_king/08/09/robert-griffin-iii-preseason-debut-redskins/index.html#ixzz2396T0Ggd]Robert Griffin III shines in exhibition debut for Washington Redskins - Peter King - SI.com[/url][/quote]

He seems to be fine. He was walking around the sidelines without crutches and without any noticeable wrap on it.

[url=http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/post/trent-williams-injures-foot-on-td/2012/08/09/4a6f61b4-e29c-11e1-98e7-89d659f9c106_blog.html]Trent Williams injures foot on TD - The Insider - The Washington Post[/url]

SkinzWin 08-10-2012 08:53 AM

Polumbus played better than I expected. The Oline did get pushed around at first but they started to open some holes for royster on the touchdown drive. I was surprised I didn't hear anyone talk about Jarvis Jenkins during the game.

BleedBurgundy 08-10-2012 08:56 AM

Well, as we say every pre-season, it only matters what you're doing with 1sts on 1sts, and that part of the game went pretty damn well. Really found it hard to bitch about anything with RG3's performance.

I will say that I'm a much bigger fan of Helu at this point than Royster. Royster must be much better in protection because Helu has a clear advantage when it comes to burst and elusiveness. And how about Garcon looking like a true #1 wr? On the Redskins? holy shit...

SkinzWin 08-10-2012 08:58 AM

[quote=BleedBurgundy;930047]Well, as we say every pre-season, it only matters what you're doing with 1sts on 1sts, and that part of the game went pretty damn well. Really found it hard to bitch about anything with RG3's performance.

I will say that I'm a much bigger fan of Helu at this point than Royster. Royster must be much better in protection because Helu has a clear advantage when it comes to burst and elusiveness. [B]And how about Garcon looking like a true #1 wr? On the Redskins? holy shit...[/B][/quote]

lol. 'bout time isn't it??

RedskinsInNYC 08-10-2012 09:02 AM

[quote=Mattyk;930043]He seems to be fine. He was walking around the sidelines without crutches and without any noticeable wrap on it.

[url=http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/post/trent-williams-injures-foot-on-td/2012/08/09/4a6f61b4-e29c-11e1-98e7-89d659f9c106_blog.html]Trent Williams injures foot on TD - The Insider - The Washington Post[/url][/quote]

I'm interested to see what the reports are today/tomorrow about Trent. Always seems like the next day or so is the worst.

mooby 08-10-2012 09:02 AM

[quote=skinsfan69;930040]Before we put RG3 in the HOF let's remember it's PRE SEASON. John Beck looked good in pre season. He had one nice drive, snapped off a few nice throws which was very nice. He looked like he belonged out there. Good to see Hank out there too. Garcon had a great night. The first team o-line was pushed around on run plays. Banks can't play wr in this league. Simply not big or physical enough.

Really liked this dude Chris Baker. He was un blockable. Richard Crawford...I think he's earning a spot on this team. Had some nice punt returns and made some nice plays on d....as did Josh Wilson.[/quote]

Quick question, if I may, old bean: Why do we have to discount what RG3 does in the preseason yet we allow ourselves to be reassured by how everybody else performs in the preseason? Why the double standard?

SmootSmack 08-10-2012 09:03 AM

Griffin looked solid. Not sure he should have said "practice is harder than the games" That's borderline bulletin board material for opposing defenses. I like the confidence but slow your roll a bit

Definitely didn't like the Garcon flip. No need for that right now

When we drafted him, I thought Crawford would be one of those "damn, he sure is trying his best but he just can't keep up physically" kind of players. Seems I've been wrong. Though it does seem to characterize Brandon Banks somewhat

I think the weak link on the line yesterday was actually the guy with the most experience. He's valuable as a reserve, but I'm not sure the team fully benefits from having Will Montgomery starting right now

Kirk was average. Work in progress for sure

I had the chance to talk with Chris Baker a couple of times last year. You could tell he was pretty passionate about putting in the work and he wasn't going to give up on being an NFL player. So good for him that he's doing so well.

Ruhskins 08-10-2012 09:07 AM

[quote=skinsfan69;930040][B]Before we put RG3 in the HOF let's remember it's PRE SEASON.[/B] John Beck looked good in pre season. He had one nice drive, snapped off a few nice throws which was very nice. He looked like he belonged out there. Good to see Hank out there too. Garcon had a great night. The first team o-line was pushed around on run plays. Banks can't play wr in this league. Simply not big or physical enough.

Really liked this dude Chris Baker. He was un blockable. Richard Crawford...I think he's earning a spot on this team. Had some nice punt returns and made some nice plays on d....as did Josh Wilson.[/quote]

Kirk Cousins looked like a rookie out there against 2nd and 3rd stringers. RG3 looked like a starter against a good Bills D. Yes it is preseason, but so far things are looking good. I am sure he will hit many bumps on the road, but I'd rather see this than having him out there looking lost and playing terribly.

Lotus 08-10-2012 09:08 AM

It's only preseason and starters did not finish the first quarter.

Nonetheless I was pleased with our defense. I thought that this year would involve a series of track meets where the offense would be under pressure to make up for points given up by the secondary. That obviously proved not to be the case.