Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Redskins Locker Room (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/)
-   -   Redskins Add Another Offensive Lineman (Chris Campbell)...Everyone Rejoices (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/48770-redskins-add-another-offensive-lineman-chris.html)

SmootSmack 08-13-2012 09:36 AM

Redskins Add Another Offensive Lineman (Chris Campbell)...Everyone Rejoices

[url=http://jerseyal.com/GBP/2010/07/26/packers-undrafted-free-agent-ol-nick-mcdonald-chris-campbell-vying-for-a-roster-spot/]Packers Undrafted Free Agent OL Nick McDonald & Chris Campbell | AllGreenBayPackers.Com[/url]

They also cut WR Darius Hanks, who was going to miss this season anyway

Chico23231 08-13-2012 09:50 AM

Re: Redskins Add Another Offensive Lineman (Chris Campbell)...Everyone Rejoices

Can anyone confirm which team Willie Smith played with last week? Was it the 3rd team?

NC_Skins 08-13-2012 09:51 AM

What? WHO IS THIS NO NAME? This is completely unacceptable because his name is not recognized.

Now that crap is out of the way, I'm cool with bringing in as much competition on the OL as we can. I still worry about our depth at the OL. I think our starters will be ok.

mbedner3420 08-13-2012 09:53 AM

I find it quite disturbing that both wikipedia pages for Nick McDonald and Chris Campbell show them on stationary bikes... Not a good sign.

SmootSmack 08-13-2012 09:53 AM

Here's a link to the news

[url=http://www.redskins.com/news-and-events/article-1/Redskins-Sign-Campbell-Waive-Hanks/1d65b073-36b5-4530-a807-ea0a3706bfca?]Redskins Sign Campbell, Waive Hanks[/url]

Not sure about Smith

NC_Skins 08-13-2012 09:55 AM

[quote=Chico23231;930439]Can anyone confirm which team Willie Smith played with last week? Was it the 3rd team?[/quote]

I was about to ask, when the hell did Willie get cut...lol Took me a second for it to register what you were talking about.

Chico23231 08-13-2012 09:57 AM

[quote=SmootSmack;930442]Here's a link to the news

[url=http://www.redskins.com/news-and-events/article-1/Redskins-Sign-Campbell-Waive-Hanks/1d65b073-36b5-4530-a807-ea0a3706bfca?]Redskins Sign Campbell, Waive Hanks[/url]

[B]Not sure about Smith[/B][/quote]

kinda scary, goes from starter to 3rd team in training camp. Silverblunt probably not playing this week with the ankle, City of Compton starting? RG3 better have his head on a swivel. Why has Willie Smith struggled so much?

mlmpetert 08-13-2012 10:03 AM

[quote=mbedner3420;930441]I find it quite disturbing that both wikipedia pages for Nick McDonald and Chris Campbell show them on stationary bikes... Not a good sign.[/quote]

Thats awesome

mlmpetert 08-13-2012 10:05 AM

[quote=Chico23231;930444]kinda scary, goes from starter to 3rd team in training camp. Silverblunt probably not playing this week with the ankle, City of Compton starting? RG3 better have his head on a swivel. [B]Why has Willie Smith struggled so much[/B]?[/quote]

I am with you. I was expecting him to have a break out season based off of how he looked during the last 4 games of last season. Not sure whats going on. Hogsnation noted at the start of camp that he has put on 20 lbs. I was hoping it was muscle but maybe he was lazy during the offseason?

TheMalcolmConnection 08-13-2012 10:08 AM

I'm assuming that if we can get by this year with what we have, that the line will be the focus of next offseason. We (hopefully) fixed the WR corps and now it's time to concentrate solely on offensive line and maybe the secondary. Second round picks on offensive line can most definitely go on to perform very well.

Mattyk 08-13-2012 10:13 AM

Sounds like a camp body to make it through this week of practice most likely.

mbedner3420 08-13-2012 10:13 AM

[quote=TheMalcolmConnection;930449]I'm assuming that if we can get by this year with what we have, that the line will be the focus of next offseason. We (hopefully) fixed the WR corps and now it's time to concentrate solely on offensive line and maybe the secondary. Second round picks on offensive line can most definitely go on to perform very well.[/quote]

Yeah, I'd have to imagine that is the strategy as well.

That Guy 08-13-2012 10:35 AM

campbell's stats (40, weight etc) are good, no idea if he can actually play.

as far of next offseason, BC and co already said they'd be going after a RT and CB (when they saw a better FA class looking ahead), and that they looked this year and just didn't see anyone (and the lack of bodies drove up the contracts on what was available).

mbedner3420 08-13-2012 10:39 AM

[quote=That Guy;930457]campbell's stats (40, weight etc) are good, no idea if he can actually play.

as far of next offseason, [B]BC [/B]and co already said they'd be going after a RT and CB (when they saw a better FA class looking ahead), and that they looked this year and just didn't see anyone (and the lack of bodies drove up the contracts on what was available).[/quote]

Who is BC?

Lotus 08-13-2012 11:17 AM

The Zen master says, "You can't have enough camp bodies unless you have enough camp bodies."