Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Redskins at Bears Post Game Thoughts (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=48861)

SmootSmack 08-18-2012 11:40 PM

Redskins at Bears Post Game Thoughts

Post them here

CRedskinsRule 08-18-2012 11:42 PM

heath meet bob
gus meet kirk
gus stop telling kirk to head butt the wall

NC_Skins 08-18-2012 11:43 PM

Re: Redskins at Bears Post Game Thoughts

Kirk Cousins will be battling for the QB starting position( by the media) by the end of this week.

Briscoe and Robinson looked good along with Cousins. Hard to say anybody on the 1st team offense or defense was good. Kudos to Banks for being the lone bright spot tonight.

DynamiteRave 08-18-2012 11:43 PM

I'm glad we didn't get blown out, I was worried there for awhile.

RGIII shows that he's still a rookie. But he can only get better. I don't expect a Cam Newton-esque regular season from him but I still think it'll be good.

Sans leash.

EARTHQUAKE2689 08-18-2012 11:45 PM

Aldrick Robinson and Kirk Cousins making serious moves. I have liked Aldrick Robinson since his SMU days

redskins5044 08-18-2012 11:48 PM

RG3 will not be benched over Cousins in the Shannahan reign here, he is married to him. RG3 gets the benefit of two coaching staffs before he is done in Washington. Cousins may turn into a good QB but won't be able to show his talent unless Bob gets hurt.

DynamiteRave 08-18-2012 11:50 PM

[quote=redskins5044;931831]RG3 will not be benched over Cousins in the Shannahan reign here, he is married to him. RG3 gets the benefit of two coaching staffs before he is done in Washington. Cousins may turn into a good QB but won't be able to show his talent unless Bob gets hurt.[/quote]

I dunno who thinks Cousins would be in over RGIII barring injury. RGIII is the franchise guy unless he proves himself to be a Ryan Leaf type bust.

redskins5044 08-18-2012 11:53 PM

[QUOTE=DynamiteRave;931832]I dunno who thinks Cousins would be in over RGIII barring injury. RGIII is the franchise guy unless he proves himself to be a Ryan Leaf type bust.[/QUOTE]

Some fans will when RG3 has his struggles during the year.

CultBrennan59 08-18-2012 11:55 PM

My thoughts

Cousins is starting up the QB controversy

Brandon Banks is still going to get cut--its the same thing every year; return a kickoff/punt for a TD make the team and don't return anything for a TD during the season.

Alfred Morris is another great Shanahan back

Briscoe is making the team

Niles Paul had a crucial drop that stuck out to me more than his TD catch

Cedric Griffin got burned all night--no surprise there

Our OL is a bigger weakness than our secondary.

SmootSmack 08-19-2012 12:02 AM

Cousins looked very sharp, still want him to be #3 for this year. But, as a long time advocate of getting two young QBs here I'm glad we now have them.

RG3 needs to focus some more on his ball security when he's on the move

Briscoe and Robinson extended the gap between them and Banks, AA, Austin for the #5 and #6 spots.

Paulsen's making a case to be on the roster. Would almost say he's a lock

Nickle cornerback is a concern. Someone needs to claim it

Dirtbag59 08-19-2012 12:05 AM

[quote=DynamiteRave;931829]I'm glad we didn't get blown out, I was worried there for awhile.

[B]RGIII shows that he's still a rookie. But he can only get better. I don't expect a Cam Newton-esque regular season from him but I still think it'll be good. [/B]

Sans leash.[/quote]

I personally do expect him to have a similar season. I get the feeling that right now they're holding A LOT back. When the regular season starts we probably won't recognize a lot of the offense.

Of course we'll probably start hearing about Cousins in the near future.

redskins5044 08-19-2012 12:14 AM

[QUOTE=CultBrennan59;931834]My thoughts

Cousins is starting up the QB controversy

Brandon Banks is still going to get cut--its the same thing every year; return a kickoff/punt for a TD make the team and don't return anything for a TD during the season.

Alfred Morris is another great Shanahan back

Briscoe is making the team

Niles Paul had a crucial drop that stuck out to me more than his TD catch

Cedric Griffin got burned all night--no surprise there

Our OL is a bigger weakness than our secondary.[/QUOTE]

Right here it has already started.

CultBrennan59 08-19-2012 12:16 AM

Whats the latest on Orakpo and Merriweather ?

DynamiteRave 08-19-2012 12:22 AM

[quote=Dirtbag59;931836]I personally do expect him to have a similar season. I get the feeling that right now they're holding A LOT back. When the regular season starts we probably won't recognize a lot of the offense.

Of course we'll probably start hearing about Cousins in the near future.[/quote]

I sure hope so. It'd be nice to see RGIII live up to all of the hype. In fact, I hope he has a better season than Cam did, but damn that'd be hard.

And people who think Cousins > RGIII needs to stop sniffing glue. Cousins will probably be starting material in a few years, but it won't be here.

punch it in 08-19-2012 12:28 AM

[quote=CultBrennan59;931839]Whats the latest on Orakpo and Merriweather ?[/quote]

This should be the only concern after pre season week 2.........Not a qb controversy - do you know what RG-3 would have done to the second team defense?? -