Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   NFL Playoff Predictions (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=48926)

Lotus 08-23-2012 07:39 PM

Re: NFL Playoff Predictions

[quote=punch it in;933057]Demeco ryans and michael kendricks are far from trash and the Eagles d was coming on strong last year before they acquired/drAfted those two.[/quote]

Yeah, the Eagles did a good job of upgrading their LB's. Nonetheless I agree with Saden that the Iggles are overrated.

punch it in 08-23-2012 08:16 PM

[QUOTE=Lotus;933059]Yeah, the Eagles did a good job of upgrading their LB's. Nonetheless I agree with Saden that the Iggles are overrated.[/QUOTE]

They remind me of the miami heat. Didnt live up to the hype in year one but look out yesr two. We saw signs of it twards the end of last year. Plus i know it is a very brief nfl career to go by but when vick goes down this Foles kid looks more than capable. Add into that the tragedy with Reids son and the team pulling together for him and look out. That being said i hope we spank em twice and they go 2 and 14 only beating the cowboys. Lol.

Giantone 08-24-2012 04:22 AM

The Eagles are a dynasty,Mick Vick said so.:woot:

Monkeydad 08-24-2012 09:59 AM

[quote=punch it in;933051]I think NFL players are slightly more adaptable than this - the Eagles were pretty successful when Vick went down and Kolb took over, - Foles looked excellent so far in the preseason against first team D[/quote]

Not at first. Kolb looked like trash at first when he filled in for McNabb the first time. Remember the game against the Ravens with a few ugly INTs including a 100+ yard pick-6 by Ed Reed?

By the time he filled in for Vick, he had a handfull of games under his belt. Foles is still a rookie like the ugly version of Kolb we saw.

There's definitely an adjustment period when any starting QB goes down unless there's a system in place and all QBs fit that system, like in Houston, New England or Green Bay. That's why we saw the Patriots STILL make the playoffs with Matt Cassel taking over for Brady and Matt Flynn puts up 50 points for the Packers. I don't see that setup with the Eagles and Vick. They should have held onto Vince Young as backup, he's a mobile Vick-like QB. Against us for the Bills this preseason, he proved he can still outrun the D.

In Philly now, they have backups that play completely different than their starter.

So do we, but our #1 hasn't proven to be injury-prone yet.

skinsfan69 08-24-2012 10:09 AM

[quote=Mattyk;932819]Foles looks pretty damn good so far.[/quote]

He sure does.

Monkeydad 08-24-2012 10:15 AM

Chase Daniel is the NFL's leading passer this preseason.

Top 5:

1. Chase Daniel!?!?!?!?
2. Flacco
3. Luck
4. Ryan Lindley? - ARI
5. Nick Foles?

Top Rusher
William Powell - ARI

Top Receiver
Travaris Cadet? - NO

Alred Morris is 13th in the league in rushing!

Preseason means nothing. Chase Daniel has done this before too. :D

punch it in 08-24-2012 10:59 AM

[QUOTE=Monkeydad;933165]Not at first. Kolb looked like trash at first when he filled in for McNabb the first time. Remember the game against the Ravens with a few ugly INTs including a 100+ yard pick-6 by Ed Reed?

By the time he filled in for Vick, he had a handfull of games under his belt. Foles is still a rookie like the ugly version of Kolb we saw.

There's definitely an adjustment period when any starting QB goes down unless there's a system in place and all QBs fit that system, like in Houston, New England or Green Bay. That's why we saw the Patriots STILL make the playoffs with Matt Cassel taking over for Brady and Matt Flynn puts up 50 points for the Packers. I don't see that setup with the Eagles and Vick. They should have held onto Vince Young as backup, he's a mobile Vick-like QB. Against us for the Bills this preseason, he proved he can still outrun the D.

In Philly now, they have backups that play completely different than their starter.

So do we, but our #1 hasn't proven to be injury-prone yet.[/QUOTE]

Vince young had plenty of chances in philly. He couldnt get it done. Anyway my point was more that the team could adjust rather quickly to a new qb not that a qb could step rite in. Although i for one believe foles will be a much better qb than vince young in the nfl.

punch it in 08-24-2012 11:05 AM

[QUOTE=Monkeydad;933174]Chase Daniel is the NFL's leading passer this preseason.

Top 5:

1. Chase Daniel!?!?!?!?
2. Flacco
3. Luck
4. Ryan Lindley? - ARI
5. Nick Foles?

Top Rusher
William Powell - ARI

Top Receiver
Travaris Cadet? - NO

Alred Morris is 13th in the league in rushing!

Preseason means nothing. Chase Daniel has done this before too. :D[/QUOTE]

Im the first to agree with that. Preseason means crap. However i can still watch a guy throw and read a defense. Foles got it done against pats number one d. Chase did not. Also some of the guys on your list just flat out have played more snaps than others. Alot more. So those numbers are deceiving. Anyway Foles is going to be a good one or my name isnt Heath Ramsey ...... Wait a minute

CultBrennan59 08-24-2012 11:20 AM

The last time I found preseason relevant was when Victor Cruz had that ridiculous 3 TD night against the Giants. I was like "Damn that guy is going to be good". Thats it. I can't think of any other game where preseason really helped put a player on the map.

Cam newton didn't do anything special in the preseason last year, and look at his regular season.

Brandon Banks has returned a punt and/or Kick off for a TD for 3 straight preseasons...and what has he done in the regular season...nothing thats helped us win games.

SmootSmack 09-05-2012 02:21 PM

NFC: Eagles, Packers, Falcons, Seahawks (WC: Bears, REDSKINS!!!!!!!!!!!)
NFC Championship: Bears over Eagles

AFC: Patriots, Ravens, Titans, Chiefs (WC: Steelers, J-E-T-S, Jets, Jets Jets!!!!!!!!!!!!)
AFC Championship: Ravens over Patriots

Super Bowl: Bears over Ravens

MVP: Evan Royster :)
Coach of the Year: Romeo Crennel
Offensive Rookie of the Year: Doug Martin
Defensive Rookie of the Year: Luke Kuechly

Ruhskins 09-05-2012 04:26 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;936964]NFC: Eagles, Packers, Falcons, Seahawks (WC: Bears, REDSKINS!!!!!!!!!!!)
NFC Championship: Bears over Eagles

AFC: Patriots, Ravens, Titans, Chiefs (WC: Steelers, J-E-T-S, Jets, Jets Jets!!!!!!!!!!!!)
AFC Championship: Ravens over Patriots

Super Bowl: Bears over Ravens

[B]MVP: Evan Royster[/B] :)
Coach of the Year: Romeo Crennel
Offensive Rookie of the Year: Doug Martin
Defensive Rookie of the Year: Luke Kuechly[/quote]

I didnt' know you could smoke Kool-Aid :)

NC_Skins 09-05-2012 06:23 PM

NFC

East: Eagles
South: Atlanta
North: Chicago
West: San Fran

Wild Cards: Green Bay, New Orleans

(not alot of change from last year)

AFC

East: New England
South: Houston