Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Post Indy Game Thoughts (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=48982)

skinsfaninok 08-26-2012 01:20 PM

Garcon will catch 80 passes this year, year our number 1

IrMitchell 08-26-2012 01:22 PM

Re: Post Indy Game Thoughts

No but seriously, Garcon had six targets from RG3 YESTERDAY.
Moss has had about 2 all pre-season.

NC_Skins 08-26-2012 01:24 PM

It really is hard to gauge how well our guys played due to the lack of talent they were playing against. The Colts were a #1 draft pick team for a reason and much of the talent that was on it has vacated this off-season. Their defense is atrocious and hasn't been able to stop the run in over a decade.

I would prefer to measure their play on the Buffalo and Chicago games as compared to this. I would like to see RGIII connect on a few long passes though.

Chico23231 08-26-2012 01:27 PM

After a game from Hankerson like we saw last night, it should cause second thoughts about him starting and to look naturally at Josh Morgan at his spot. Morgan has been very solid catching the ball, but I think you still start Hankerson. Hank could be on the verge, he still isnt playing "as fast" as I think he can.

Starting WRs should be Garcon and Hank, Moss in the slot. I think 3rd down packages for Morgan should get him reps, I like redzone packages for Brescoe who made the team last night. Brescoe has been a standout.

IrMitchell 08-26-2012 01:30 PM

[quote=Chico23231;933828]After a game from Hankerson like we saw last night, it should cause second thoughts about him starting and to look naturally at Josh Morgan at his spot. Morgan has been very solid catching the ball, but I think you still start Hankerson. Hank could be on the verge, he still isnt playing "as fast" as I think he can.

Starting WRs should be Garcon and Hank, Moss in the slot. I think 3rd down packages for Morgan should get him reps, I like redzone packages for Brescoe who made the team last night. Brescoe has been a standout.[/quote]
It all evens out by the end of the year. If Hank isn't getting targets/catches, Morgan will.

Also, RG3 hasn't really been throwing the ball like he will in the regular season. His numbers will double and so will his receivers.

HailGreen28 08-26-2012 01:31 PM

[quote=REDSKINS4ever;933822]Griffin III played wonderfully in preseason. A 103.0 QB rating ain't bad.[/quote]Man, I'd give my left arm.... OK someone else's left arm for that QBR rating this regular season.

Bucket 08-26-2012 01:35 PM

PG is our best WR on the team at the moment. There is a reason why RG3 keeps throwing his direction. I believe he's been targeted the most in preseason when the starters are out there.

I do think that Shanny's are babying RG3 at the moment and that could be because it's preseason and he's trying to evaluate others but besides the 3 long throws yesterday, there hasn't been a lot of long passes. RG3 threw 17 passes yesterday and didn't even throw for 100 yards.

I believe the same can be said about the other games as well. Game 2 he threw 14 for 50 yards?

A lot of underneath and short throws..

Chico23231 08-26-2012 01:37 PM

It was nice to see Fred Davis out there getting involved last night. He's been quiet so far, good to see him and RG3 come together on plays.

Evilgrin 08-26-2012 01:39 PM

Offense is still only running specific plays, very limited, unlike the colts.

Tankard Jackson gets to the ball, pretty nice to see. Are his personal issues over? Secondary has two solid players, everyone else is bad.

The rookie OL guys look like rookies. The OL is one injury away from being Cowboys/Jets bad.

Tough decisions at receiver, what do they do with Briscoe? Hankseron probably get yelled at after game. Do we have good receivers or just a lot of 2s and 3s?

I think they are better then last year, IMO one or two more wins.

IrMitchell 08-26-2012 01:39 PM

[quote=Bucket;933832]PG is our best WR on the team at the moment. There is a reason why RG3 keeps throwing his direction. I believe he's been targeted the most in preseason when the starters are out there.

I do think that Shanny's are babying RG3 at the moment and that could be because it's preseason and he's trying to evaluate others but besides the 3 long throws yesterday, there hasn't been a lot of long passes. RG3 threw 17 passes yesterday and didn't even throw for 100 yards.

I believe the same can be said about the other games as well. Game 2 he threw 14 for 50 yards?

A lot of underneath and short throws..[/quote]
There's no doubt he's been babying him.

Jay Cutler had DOUBLE the amount of passing attempts as a rookie in pre-season.

Evilgrin 08-26-2012 01:40 PM

[quote=NC_Skins;933826]It really is hard to gauge how well our guys played due to the lack of talent they were playing against. The Colts were a #1 draft pick team for a reason and much of the talent that was on it has vacated this off-season. Their defense is atrocious and hasn't been able to stop the run in over a decade.

I would prefer to measure their play on the Buffalo and Chicago games as compared to this. I would like to see RGIII connect on a few long passes though.[/quote]

I agree the colts are really really bad, Luck is gonna need some.

HailGreen28 08-26-2012 01:45 PM

[quote=NC_Skins;933826]I would prefer to measure their play on the Buffalo and Chicago games as compared to this. I would like to see RGIII connect on a few long passes though.[/quote]Yeah, if the Chicago game's any indication: Our OL and secondary is gonna be eaten alive at times, and it's going to be another long season for us. Here's hoping for better, when real games are played.

Defensewins 08-26-2012 02:20 PM

LB group continues to show they are good and deep.

WR group is starting to make some noise. Although I agree with the earlier comment that Hankerson is being pushed for his starting position. Not sure Hankerson has earned his starting spot by his play on the game field, more like it was given to him. Josh Morgan and Briscoe are intriguing and they are producing. Garcon needs a legitimate threat on the other side and Hankerson has shown very little.

M.Williams days as our starting FS might be numbered. Luck targeted him as the weak link the entire time Madieu was in the game. Immediately after Luck's 31 yard TD Madieu was removed; T. Jackson slid over to FS from SS and Gomes came in at SS. That line up looked and played more solid. It is a matter of time and the health of T. Jackson before he is our FS. He showed skill yesterday on the field.
I have been critical of Josh Wilson in the past, but yesterday he played a really sound game. Not just his coverage skills, which were good, but his run support and tackling were great. He is a smart player and understands how to take correct angles when tackling. Teams will still try and exploit his lack of height.

44Deezel 08-26-2012 02:22 PM

[quote=Bucket;933832]PG is our best WR on the team at the moment. There is a reason why RG3 keeps throwing his direction. I believe he's been targeted the most in preseason when the starters are out there.

A lot of underneath and short throws..[/quote]

We've had QB stat lines in the 150-250 yard range for too long, especially during the Campbell era. It's a 300-400 yard league now.

los panda 08-26-2012 02:28 PM

impressed w morris, jackson, and briscoe

still want to see more from our secondary, and a lot more from our o-line