Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Kudos to Jim Haslett and Raheem Morris (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=49301)

saden1 09-13-2012 03:53 PM

Kudos to Jim Haslett and Raheem Morris

I've been very critical of Haslett in the past and I just want to say the Saints game was his best game as our defensive coordinator. Holding Drew Brees to 46.2 completion percentage, his worst in 88 games, is an unbelievable feet.

The Goat 09-13-2012 04:23 PM

Re: Kudos to Jim Haslett and Raheem Morris

I've been a Haslett hatter from time to time. Was waiting for a couple (more) solid performances to start my very own "I was wrong when..." thread lol. Thanks saden you took care of it for me.

Now if the offense keeps performing well I'll still have to start similar thread about the Shanahans/FO etc etc. Psssh, I'll happily eat that crow all season long watching us win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

firstdown 09-13-2012 04:25 PM

I think the preasure we put on him all game had alot to do with his low completion %.

The Goat 09-13-2012 04:30 PM

[quote=firstdown;940139]I think the preasure we put on him all game had alot to do with his low completion %.[/quote]

No doubt but the secondary played better than it did all last year IMO, even taking Williams blown coverage on that one TD (not the one to Graham, which is pretty hard to fault anyone for, because he's a freak).

los panda 09-13-2012 04:35 PM

[quote=The Goat;940140]No doubt but the secondary played better than it did all last year IMO, even taking Williams blown coverage on that one TD (not the one to Graham, which is pretty hard to fault anyone for, because he's a freak).[/quote]yeah seriously, that td to graham was pretty well defended by fletch, and williams even got a paw on it. just a hell of a catch by graham

The Goat 09-13-2012 04:40 PM

[quote=los panda;940142]yeah seriously, that td to graham was pretty well defended by fletch, and williams even got a paw on it. just a hell of a catch by graham[/quote]

Wondering if TEs like Graham, basketball forward type guys, will be the waive of the future for the position. The very best TEs today (Graham, Gronk) fit that mold and are big part of those high-powered offenses. New England i.e. Belichick seemed to make the conscious decision to forego WR talent this year and let the TEs takeover.

Ruhskins 09-13-2012 05:20 PM

[quote=saden1;940131]I've been very critical of Haslett in the past and I just want to say the Saints game was his best game as our defensive coordinator. Holding Drew Brees to 46.2 completion percentage, his worst in 88 games, is an [B]unbelievable feet[/B].[/quote]

Unbelievable Feet

[IMG]http://www.instablogsimages.com/images/2007/12/04/foot_6914.jpg[/IMG]

REDSKINS4ever 09-13-2012 05:20 PM

[quote=saden1;940131]I've been very critical of Haslett in the past and I just want to say the Saints game was his best game as our defensive coordinator. Holding Drew Brees to 46.2 completion percentage, his worst in 88 games, is an unbelievable feet.[/quote]

I think this past game against New Orleans was actually Haslett's 3rd best game coming behind the defense's two suffocating performances against Eli Manning and the Giants offense last season. The Redskins defense made Eli Manning look worse than a Pop Warner level quarterback in both of those games last year.

saden1 09-13-2012 06:04 PM

[quote=REDSKINS4ever;940147]I think this past game against New Orleans was actually Haslett's 3rd best game coming behind the defense's two suffocating performances against Eli Manning and the Giants offense last season. The Redskins defense made Eli Manning look worse than a Pop Warner level quarterback in both of those games last year.[/quote]

While we can all agree Eli is a great QB he is nowhere near as prolific and proficient of a passer as Drew. Breeze is a super nasty mofo and if you can stop him, you can stop anyone.

backrow 09-13-2012 06:24 PM

[quote=saden1;940131]I've been very critical of Haslett in the past.[/quote]

Me too! Still am! Raheem must have done it!

SFREDSKIN 09-13-2012 07:44 PM

I like the addition of Morris, he is basically a second defensive coordinator, I'll wait a few more games of consistency from Haslett before I jump on his bandwagon.

Hog1 09-13-2012 07:51 PM

Winning heals......many ill's
Love this stuff.

takethecake 09-13-2012 08:23 PM

Not to take anything away from Haslett in the NO game, but it's also worth pointing out that it takes time to transition from a 4-3 to a 3-4 defense. The year we switched was haslett's first year, and I think he unfairly took a lot of heat for the performance that year, when it was really just a lack of talent. Now that he has that talent, we're seeing what he can do with it. Just my two cents..

MTK 09-13-2012 09:12 PM

[quote=takethecake;940181]Not to take anything away from Haslett in the NO game, but it's also worth pointing out that it takes time to transition from a 4-3 to a 3-4 defense. The year we switched was haslett's first year, and I think he unfairly took a lot of heat for the performance that year, when it was really just a lack of talent. Now that he has that talent, we're seeing what he can do with it. Just my two cents..[/quote]

Totally agree.

Ruhskins 09-13-2012 09:32 PM

My only criticism of Haslett/Morris and the D is that they seem to go into prevent mode towards the end of the game. Otherwise, I think they did a hell of a job limiting one of the best offenses in the league.

takethecake 09-13-2012 10:54 PM

[quote=Ruhskins;940198]My only criticism of Haslett/Morris and the D is that they seem to go into prevent mode towards the end of the game. Otherwise, I think they did a hell of a job limiting one of the best offenses in the league.[/quote]

Remember when Blatche was our coordinator? "Bend but don't break"? What a joke lol

Lotus 09-13-2012 11:05 PM

[quote=takethecake;940217]Remember when Blatche was our coordinator? "Bend but don't break"? What a joke lol[/quote]

Didn't Blache produce a couple of top-5 defenses?

takethecake 09-13-2012 11:12 PM

That is entirely possible. I just remember having a lot of moments where the skins were playing prevent defense and screaming at the TV "STOP GIVING THEM FREE YARDS!!!"

skinster 09-14-2012 02:30 AM

I'm reserving judgement. Our front 7 looked good, but everything else was poop. We got lucky calls from the refs, and more importantly the saints dropped ALOT of balls. The saints were also driving at the end. I'm not excited about the whole 32 points thing either. The defense crumbled at the end.

CultBrennan59 09-14-2012 02:40 AM

[quote=takethecake;940217]Remember when Blatche was our coordinator? "Bend but don't break"? What a joke lol[/quote]

Yeah they may have been 'top five' but they did a lot of prevent defense, which we all know the saying, it 'prevents you from winning'. He was very conservative on defense as well, never wanting to blitz. Thank god he's not our D Coordinator anymore

NYCskinfan82 09-14-2012 03:22 PM

I like what they've done so far.

MTK 09-14-2012 04:01 PM

[quote=skinster;940237]I'm reserving judgement. Our front 7 looked good, but [B]everything else was poop[/B]. We got lucky calls from the refs, and more importantly the saints dropped ALOT of balls. The saints were also driving at the end. I'm not excited about the whole 32 points thing either. The defense crumbled at the end.[/quote]

Really? I thought coverage was pretty solid especially when you consider they played a ton of man. Wilson and Griffin both stood out to me as having strong games.

Anytime you hold Brees under 50% and pick him off twice you're doing something right. Oh and 2/11 on 3rd downs.

The Goat 09-14-2012 05:35 PM

^^ Word. I think I saw several specific improvements. First, fewer plays of totally blown coverage by DBs and safeties. Last year it seemed to happen pretty often, mostly with Hall but Wilson too. Second, more aggressiveness and definitely guys head-hunting back there, which makes WRs sketchy and probably led to some of the drops by Saints WRs. I also thought blitzes out of the secondary were more effective than we've seen. Just my two cents.

hagams 09-14-2012 09:53 PM

I still wish we had #30 to bust a head or two every now and then. He is KILLING people for the Jets.

CultBrennan59 09-14-2012 10:01 PM

[quote=hagams;940422]I still wish we had #30 to bust a head or two every now and then. He is KILLING people for the Jets.[/quote]

Yea, well don't worry his Achilles or something else will be killing him in a couple of weeks.

SFREDSKIN 09-16-2012 07:38 PM

What do you guys have to say about Haslett now? I'm sorry, but if you can't adjust to Danny Amendola you don't deserve to be a DC. I would replace him with Raheem Morris as DC, also Danny Smith has got to go.

Meks 09-16-2012 07:42 PM

Fire danny smith thread is sure to be upped... but the d today... in sorry the 2ndaryredskins ... eas garbage today

RGIII 09-16-2012 07:42 PM

[quote=SFREDSKIN;941214]What do you guys have to say about Haslett now? I'm sorry, but if you can't adjust to Danny Amendola you don't deserve to be a DC. I would replace him with Raheem Morris as DC, also Danny Smith has got to go.[/quote]

Coaching got lazy preparing schematicly for this team and failed to motivate thier own.

DynamiteRave 09-16-2012 07:43 PM

Haslett sucks as a defensive coordinator, but Danny Smith worries me more as his special teams units have sucked for years now.

Alvin Walton 09-16-2012 07:44 PM

Our secondary made an average Ram offense look great.
The defensive play calling suxxored.

RGIII 09-16-2012 07:46 PM

Zero pressure on Bradford with an ailing OL.

SFREDSKIN 09-16-2012 07:52 PM

[quote=RGIII;941243]Zero pressure on Bradford with an ailing OL.[/quote]

Exactly!! I would replace Haslett with Raheem Morris.

mooby 09-16-2012 07:56 PM

[QUOTE=SFREDSKIN;941259]Exactly!! I would replace Haslett with Raheem Morris.[/QUOTE]

Does Morris even run a 3-4? If he doesn't not sure that would solve anything. All I know is we're into his third season as d-coordinator and he still can't put together a consistent defense.

SFREDSKIN 09-16-2012 07:58 PM

[quote=mooby;941271]Does Morris even run a 3-4? If he doesn't not sure that would solve anything. All I know is we're into his third season as d-coordinator and he still can't put together a consistent defense.[/quote]

That's I've been saying, inconsistent. I believe Morris ran 3-4 in TB not 100% sure.

Ruhskins 09-16-2012 08:00 PM

[quote=SFREDSKIN;941278]That's I've been saying, inconsistent. I believe Morris ran 3-4 in TB not 100% sure.[/quote]

Morris ran the 4-3 in TB.

CultBrennan59 09-16-2012 08:01 PM

First game fans reaction "Yeah Haslett did a great job! We have a hell of a defense. I for one loved Haslett as our DC"

Second game fans reaction "Fire Haslett!!! His defense is awful! I've always thought he was a bad D-Coordinator"

Ya'll need to chilllll

MTK 09-16-2012 08:02 PM

[quote=CultBrennan59;941284]First game fans reaction "Yeah Haslett did a great job! We have a hell of a defense. I for one loved Haslett as our DC"

Second game fans reaction "Fire Haslett!!! His defense is awful! I've always thought he was a bad D-Coordinator"

Ya'll need to chilllll[/quote]

This, no doubt

SFREDSKIN 09-16-2012 08:03 PM

[quote=CultBrennan59;941284]First game fans reaction "Yeah Haslett did a great job! We have a hell of a defense. I for one loved Haslett as our DC"

It's been 3 years and he still can't adjust (example; Danny Amendola).

DynamiteRave 09-16-2012 08:05 PM

[quote=SFREDSKIN;941293]It's been 3 years and he still can't adjust (example; Danny Amendola).[/quote]

This.

Every squirrel finds a nut sometime. Just because Haslett called a good game, doesn't mean he's a good DC.

Ruhskins 09-16-2012 08:08 PM

Don't make me pull out your "let's tank to get a good draft pick" in the middle of the season reaction.

On a serious note, my biggest complaint about Haslett is his inability to adjust. Keim tweeted that he got some insight that Haslett doesn't adjust and always stick to his script. This is going to be a big problem down the road.