Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Top 10 Pick - Only By Position Needs (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=4932)

SKINSnCANES 02-24-2005 05:52 PM

Re: Top 10 Pick - Only By Position Needs

in the back of my mind Ive been putting Troy W. as the guy I want us to draft, but now with moss being traded he very well could be gone by 9 as well. There is something very good about this though, if a bunch of receivers jump up, that leaves a lot of those big name running backs, and a great opportunity for us to trade down and pick up some other picks

offiss 02-24-2005 11:28 PM

[QUOTE=SKINSnCANES]in the back of my mind Ive been putting Troy W. as the guy I want us to draft, but now with moss being traded he very well could be gone by 9 as well. There is something very good about this though, if a bunch of receivers jump up, that leaves a lot of those big name running backs, and a great opportunity for us to trade down and pick up some other picks[/QUOTE]

Now if everyone listened to me and we lost that last game we would have our choice of WR's :D now we have to hope 1 of them slides to us, but I do think Troy will make it to 9.

offiss 02-24-2005 11:34 PM

So long as Pak Man Jones is out there he just may be the player who deliver's us our WR the Titan's and the Vik's both need him, cleveland should be looking for a legititamate QB before they start looking for a WR to throw to but that's their decision.

SKINSnCANES 02-24-2005 11:48 PM

[QUOTE=CRT3]SF - QB
Miami - QB or RB
Cleveland - QB or WR
Chicago - RB
Tampa - RB
Tennessee - WR or Corner]
Minnisotta - WR
Arizona - Saftey (They have Iffy)
Washington WR or DE
Detroit - TE or Saftey[/QUOTE]

My guess:
SF - Definitly a QB
Miami - Benson, hands down. If they end up getting a free agent hb they will go QB here.
Cleveland - QB, or they take Pac Man because of the new definsive mindset
Chicago - Either Edwards or Brown.
Tampa - Whichever Chicago doesnt take
Tennessee - lots of needs here, i dont see them going receiver though. I think they had good depth at receiver even without mason. I think they take dan cody here. They are losing a lot on defense and didnt replace kearse last year.
Minnisotta - They do not take a receiver here, they have receiver but need defense. I would say they take Derrick Johnson here but they just got a line backer. They could use another but I think this is where Spears goes. they have good DTs but could use an end
Arizona - They also definitly dont take a receiver. Arizona take Carnell Williams with this pick.
Washington - Now, assuming there was no trading this leaves the redskins with their choice or Williams or Williamson. Definitly a great opportunity for us to trade down, but you dont factor trades in mock drafts usually. Im going to go out on a limb and say we also do not take a receiver. I think this will be addressed with a medicore player in free agency because gibbs doesnt need or want big name receivers. We take Erasmus James with this pick. He would be top five if he didnt have that injury a year ago. Hes got huge upside as a pass rusher.

offiss 02-25-2005 01:04 AM

[QUOTE=SKINSnCANES]My guess:
SF - Definitly a QB
Miami - Benson, hands down. If they end up getting a free agent hb they will go QB here.
Cleveland - QB, or they take Pac Man because of the new definsive mindset
Chicago - Either Edwards or Brown.
Tampa - Whichever Chicago doesnt take
Tennessee - lots of needs here, i dont see them going receiver though. I think they had good depth at receiver even without mason. I think they take dan cody here. They are losing a lot on defense and didnt replace kearse last year.
Minnisotta - They do not take a receiver here, they have receiver but need defense. I would say they take Derrick Johnson here but they just got a line backer. They could use another but I think this is where Spears goes. they have good DTs but could use an end
Arizona - They also definitly dont take a receiver. Arizona take Carnell Williams with this pick.
Washington - Now, assuming there was no trading this leaves the redskins with their choice or Williams or Williamson. Definitly a great opportunity for us to trade down, but you dont factor trades in mock drafts usually. Im going to go out on a limb and say we also do not take a receiver. I think this will be addressed with a medicore player in free agency because gibbs doesnt need or want big name receivers. We take Erasmus James with this pick. He would be top five if he didnt have that injury a year ago. Hes got huge upside as a pass rusher.[/QUOTE]

Don't see it SC, defiently a WR, not that I am against getting Jones it would be nice to swing a deal with Coles and land both that would make a trade with the Boy's ideal, they have the same need's as us I believe they will take Jones if he's available at 11, Parcell's know's he has to pressure the QB with his front 4 and he know's exactly how to use a player like Jones.

Daseal 02-25-2005 01:09 AM

Friend of mine who's a huge MN fan assures me that they're getting a receiver. He doesn't know if they're going via draft or via FA but said he is 95% sure they'll get someone to bolster their WR corps.

Rumor has it MN wants to trade Onterrio Smith for Patrick Surtain.

That Guy 02-25-2005 01:31 AM

[QUOTE=TheMalcolmConnection]I wouldn't doubt it one bit myself and I hope that person is Derrick Mason. Now that HE is available, I like him the best of all the FA players available.[/QUOTE]

mason is good, but he had some problems with butter fingers last year... I really think MM i the biggest playmaker FA (outside moss), but he wants more money than a rational team would willingly invest in a 32 year old... this isn't a great year to be going after a top rated WR with limited cap space and the 9th pick... and coles may not want to be here, but with the slim pickings I'd be surprised if we let him go and sat with the pick we have... kinda turned into a mess over the last week and the 2006 cap picture is going to look worse.

anyways, i think bucs go RB, we get some sort of answer to WR then look at DE then at C and depth at CB and do what we can to keep pierce around.

Mccants thrash and jacobs arent bad WRs, but if thats all we got next year, i think we'll be hurting...

SmootSmack 02-25-2005 01:36 AM

[QUOTE=That Guy]mason is good, but he had some problems with butter fingers last year... I really think MM i the biggest playmaker FA (outside moss), but he wants more money than a rational team would willingly invest in a 32 year old... this isn't a great year to be going after a top rated WR with limited cap space and the 9th pick... and coles may not want to be here, but with the slim pickings I'd be surprised if we let him go and sat with the pick we have... kinda turned into a mess over the last week and the 2006 cap picture is going to look worse.

anyways, i think bucs go RB, we get some sort of answer to WR then look at DE then at C and depth at CB and do what we can to keep pierce around.

Mccants thrash and jacobs arent bad WRs, but if thats all we got next year, i think we'll be hurting...[/QUOTE]

TG, where have you been? World Tour?