Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Release Josh Morgan or else.... (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=49343)

aircoryell 09-22-2012 01:00 AM

Re: Release Josh Morgan or else....

[quote=imaskin4life;943073]I was also thinking about what Landry said. Landry refused surgery on his achilles here even though our staff recommended it because he was afraid of making it weaker than it already was and more susceptible to injury in the future. At first I thought about how selfish he sounded but then later I thought about how Hightower, Orakpo, Lichtensteiger, and Brown all had surgeries in the off season and all are injured or out of football while Landry is still on the field at the moment. Interesting.[/quote]

Think about it this way; Terrell Suggs had essentially the same injury. As soon as he was diagnosed he didn't beat around the bush and, unlike Landry, immediately had the surgery and there is a good possibility he will play again this season. Had Landry taken the staff's advise, he might still be playing with the Redskins biting on double moves and taking bad angles for tackles.

CultBrennan59 09-22-2012 01:37 AM

I was going to suggest benching or sitting Josh Morgan this week after his dumb play last week, but after hearing that Pierre may have a lisfranc injury, Josh will be starting no doubt.

Skinzman 09-22-2012 02:00 AM

[quote=CultBrennan59;943094]I was going to suggest benching or sitting Josh Morgan this week after his dumb play last week, but after hearing that Pierre may have a lisfranc injury, Josh will be starting no doubt.[/quote]

If he is walking and attempting to practice, then he doesnt have a Lisfranc injury. That is 6 weeks in a cast and then a few weeks of rehab after the cast comes off, and thats if you barely damage it and no surgery is required. If surgery is required, he would easily be gone for the year.

When Ive heard people talk about it, They usually say the problem is at or near the ball of his foot. Thats not the Lisfranc, which is midfoot.

The Goat 09-22-2012 02:33 AM

[quote=Skinzman;943095]If he is walking and attempting to practice, then he doesnt have a Lisfranc injury. That is 6 weeks in a cast and then a few weeks of rehab after the cast comes off, and thats if you barely damage it and no surgery is required. If surgery is required, he would easily be gone for the year.

When Ive heard people talk about it, They usually say the problem is at or near the ball of his foot. Thats not the Lisfranc, which is midfoot.[/quote]

Sounds encouraging.

Sooooo, does Garcon still break 1000 yards this season?

JoeRedskin 09-22-2012 06:32 AM

[quote=Skinzman;943095]If he is walking and attempting to practice, then he doesnt have a Lisfranc injury. That is 6 weeks in a cast and then a few weeks of rehab after the cast comes off, and thats if you barely damage it and no surgery is required. If surgery is required, he would easily be gone for the year.

When Ive heard people talk about it, They usually say the problem is at or near the ball of his foot. Thats not the Lisfranc, which is midfoot.[/quote]

The injury is midfoot and usually there is some swelling in that area.

The pain from the lis franc is right behind the big toe.

As for 1,000 yards. We'll see. It's certainly not out of range yet.

mooby 09-22-2012 06:44 AM

[quote=DynamiteRave;943080]Not faster than a speeding bullet.[/quote]

Quick! Someone get that speeding bullet here to play wideout!

SBXVII 09-22-2012 09:12 AM

Ok so Wilson gets fined $15,000 + for his horse collar. Obviously the league looked at film and decided he deserved the fine, but I have a question in regards to the horse collar rule. It was my understanding that if Wilson touched the Rams shoulder pad first he then could grab the collar of the shirt (which he did do). It was my understanding it was only illegal if Wilson grabbed the collar only (which he did not do). I thought it was a bad penalty and feel its a bad fine but again obviously the league would have reviewed the film to make their decision.

Also, should not the defensive player have been fined for the helmet to helmet hit on RG3 ( I think the 4th quarter?) and the hit on Davis? With Davis the player launched himself at Davis and hit helmet to helmet. Yet no fines?

SBXVII 09-22-2012 09:23 AM

I stand corrected, 3 Rams got fined. The hit on Davis, a blow to Trent Williams head, and the hit on London Fletcher that occurred after the whistle.

JoeRedskin 09-22-2012 09:35 AM

[QUOTE=mooby;943098]Quick! Someone get that speeding bullet here to play wideout![/QUOTE]

Well, it probably wouldn't be fast enough for Goat.

;)

imaskin4life 09-22-2012 09:37 AM

[quote=aircoryell;943092]Think about it this way; Terrell Suggs had essentially the same injury. As soon as he was diagnosed he didn't beat around the bush and, unlike Landry, immediately had the surgery and there is a good possibility he will play again this season. Had Landry taken the staff's advise, he might still be playing with the Redskins[B] biting on double moves [/B]and taking bad angles for tackles.[/quote]

The biting on double moves and biting on play action used to piss me off - theres nothing worse than a safety who is concerned so much about making a big hit that he gets beat deep.

artmonkforhallofamein07 09-22-2012 09:41 AM

[quote=imaskin4life;943083]You are right, there is no other way to treat a torn acl. I also confused Kory with Carriker so that part is not accurate. Maybe there is no issue at all there.[/quote]

I do understand where you were coming from.

Giantone 09-22-2012 05:18 PM

[quote=mooby;943098]Quick! Someone get that speeding bullet here to play wideout![/quote]

LOL...ya mean Plaxico Burress?

REDSKINS4ever 09-23-2012 07:28 AM

Let's hope Morgan makes hope for last week's gaffe by having a huge game. If he does that then last week will be forgotten about.

EARTHQUAKE2689 09-23-2012 08:54 AM

Morgan goes for 8 receptions 121 yards and a 50 yard TD in the 2nd quarter.

RGIII 09-23-2012 08:56 AM

Morgan is a beast.