Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Bengals @ Redskins: Lets Break it Down (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=49397)

RedskinsParadigm 09-19-2012 03:03 PM

Re: Bengals @ Redskins: Lets Break it Down

The Bengals' defense is a mess right now...worse than ours. They've already benched Taylor Mays at one safety spot, are relying on Terrence Newman and Nate Clements (not sure you can possibly have two bigger has-beens) at the CB positions, and are waiting for their rookie Kirkpatrick to get healthy. Their front-7 is equally as banged up and devoid of real talent. I think our offense will have its way against Cinci.

mredskins 09-19-2012 03:12 PM

AJ green and Dalton scary me in this game.

TheMalcolmConnection 09-19-2012 05:21 PM

If our offense keeps it up, I think we score 25+ points again. In most cases, that SHOULD be enough.

aircoryell 09-19-2012 09:43 PM

I like that we won't have to contend with crowd noise on offense. The last two games the snap has been dependent on Chris Chester tapping Will Montgomery, a very obvious motion, when RGIII is ready for the snap. The defense knows when the snap is coming and they have gotten the jump on us many times. Because of this, I think our running game will be a huge factor and take a lot of pressure off our passing attack, which has carried us the past two weeks.

That Guy 09-19-2012 10:56 PM

all i want for christmas is a D that can cover one guy effectively. on the plus side, our offense looks good, but outside of garcon and maybe robinson, we need more from the pass catchers. they've been disappointing.

Bucket 09-20-2012 12:13 AM

I think we win 34-28 in another shootout..

AJ Green will be amazing, and RG 3 will have an outstanding game.

CrustyRedskin 09-20-2012 09:09 AM

[quote=aircoryell;942587]I like that we won't have to contend with crowd noise on offense. The last two games the snap has been dependent on Chris Chester tapping Will Montgomery, a very obvious motion, when RGIII is ready for the snap.[B][U] The defense knows when the snap is coming and they have gotten the jump on us many times[/U][/B]. Because of this, I think our running game will be a huge factor and take a lot of pressure off our passing attack, which has carried us the past two weeks.[/quote]

Good observation and welcome to the WP!! I noticed that also, some of the defenders were almost getting a running start at the snap!!

Paintrain 09-20-2012 09:23 AM

I'm going to step out on a limb and say this is a definition game for the Redskins. The Saints was a great win and the Rams was a bad loss for a few reasons.. Holding a 21-6 lead, we had them basically out of that game and let them back it. We got sloppy in effort and technique on both sides of the ball. We aren't supremely talented enough to overcome that type of effort.

I think Sunday we come out and throttle the Bengals. They have struggled badly on defense and while Dalton to Green has been a nice combo, I'm not overly impressed by the balance of their offense. We could be able to control their offense if we make them one dimensional.

I'm stepping out there and saying Redskins 27-10 in a blowout.

Monkeydad 09-20-2012 10:19 AM

Good news all around.

Josh Wilson has been cleared to resume practice from his concussion and should play.

Fred Davis was tested for a concussion and passed. He's playing too.

Garcon was limited in practice yesterday but is practicing. Last week he didn't practice at all until Thursday and was "very limited". He's getting better but will still be a game-time decision.

Monkeydad 09-20-2012 10:20 AM

[quote=Paintrain;942658]I'm going to step out on a limb and say this is a definition game for the Redskins. The Saints was a great win and the Rams was a bad loss for a few reasons.. Holding a 21-6 lead, we had them basically out of that game and let them back it. We got sloppy in effort and technique on both sides of the ball. We aren't supremely talented enough to overcome that type of effort.

I think Sunday we come out and throttle the Bengals. They have struggled badly on defense and while Dalton to Green has been a nice combo, I'm not overly impressed by the balance of their offense. We could be able to control their offense if we make them one dimensional.

I'm stepping out there and saying Redskins 27-10 in a blowout.[/quote]

I agree with you. I saw the ranks on Redskins Nation this morning and we're 4th in offense and 28th in defense. The Bengals are 30th in defense and 18th on offense.

skinsguy 09-20-2012 10:30 AM

[quote=Monkeydad;942668]Good news all around.

Josh Wilson has been cleared to resume practice from his concussion and should play.

Fred Davis was tested for a concussion and passed. He's playing too.

Garcon was limited in practice yesterday but is practicing. Last week he didn't practice at all until Thursday and was "very limited". He's getting better but will still be a game-time decision.[/quote]

That's great news! If Garcon is full speed and back on Sunday, it's going to be a fun day!

scowan 09-20-2012 10:30 AM

[quote=Monkeydad;942669]I agree with you. I saw the ranks on Redskins Nation this morning and we're 4th in offense and 28th in defense. The Bengals are 30th in defense and 18th on offense.[/quote]

The Bengals are 30th in Defense and while they played the Ravens and got crushed in week one, they made the Browns look like superstars last week. The Redskins should be able to score on them, its just a matter of stopping them. If the Skins defense doesn't play better this week after a 3 game sample, I think the Redskins are going to end up being one of those teams that is exciting to watch all year because they can score, but we will all be pulling our hair out, because they can't stop anyone.

Ruhskins 09-20-2012 10:36 AM

[quote=scowan;942675]The Bengals are 30th in Defense and while they played the Ravens and got crushed in week one, they made the Browns look like superstars last week. The Redskins should be able to score on them, its just a matter of stopping them. If the Skins defense doesn't play better this week after a 3 game sample, I think the Redskins are going to end up being one of those teams that is exciting to watch all year because they can score, but we will all be pulling our hair out, because they can't stop anyone.[/quote]

So we'll be the 2010 Lions :frusty:

Monkeydad 09-20-2012 10:36 AM

[quote=skinsguy;942674]That's great news! If Garcon is full speed and back on Sunday, it's going to be a fun day![/quote]

I'd rather rest him if he's not completely 100%. We can score without him. The Rams D is far better than the Bengals and we still scored. Our schedule is going to get extremely tough soon and we need Garcon more then.

I hope Aldrick worked on his hands this week in practice. Hankerson too...you can't be scaring us like that.

Man..Griffin almost had 2 TD passes of 60+ yards in one game and ran for 2 himself. This is fun to watch.

Bucket 09-20-2012 02:20 PM

[quote=Monkeydad;942677]I'd rather rest him if he's not completely 100%. We can score without him. The Rams D is far better than the Bengals and we still scored. Our schedule is going to get extremely tough soon and we need Garcon more then.

I hope Aldrick worked on his hands this week in practice. Hankerson too...you can't be scaring us like that.

Man..Griffin almost had 2 TD passes of 60+ yards in one game and ran for 2 himself. This is fun to watch.[/quote]

Aldrick has been pretty spot on for catching the ball. He dropped that one pass, and it wasn't about his hands. His positioning was terrible. Instead of turning his shoulder to look the other way, he tried to bend over limbo style. That'll come with experience on the field.

Hankerson on the other hand still doesn't seem very confident with his hands. I'm just not sure about him yet.