Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Mike Shanahan Monday Press Conference Highlights (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=49473)

calia 09-24-2012 06:25 PM

Re: Mike Shanahan Monday Press Conference Highlights

[quote=RedskinRat;944842]Parcells was by far the most entertaining Coach on a post game although a notable mention should go to the old Bucs Coach McKay for his answer to "[I]What do you think of your teams' execution?[/I]" to which he allegedly replied "[I]I'm all for it[/I]" and a couple of other amusing lines.

It's all got to Corporate and serious/meaningless.[/quote]

My favorite still: "PLAYOFFS?! PLAYOFFS?!" [Repeat 20 times, snorting with derision louder each time.]

RedskinRat 09-24-2012 07:19 PM

Parcells saying "She'll be fine" regarding Terry Glenn's 'injury'. Oh, and his "Cook the meal" comment also.

FRPLG 09-24-2012 08:11 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;944782] and we like when Kate Upton goes Cover 0...Ba zing![/quote]

Truth

firstdown 09-24-2012 08:57 PM

[quote=calia;944837]And yesterday was the premiere of "How I Met Your Quarterback."

Geez. Someone said matador -- at least a matador distracts the bull. Our RT was more like a restaurant host "May I show you to Mr. Griffin, sir?" 6 sacks. Flat out unacceptable. There are pinatas that get hit less than RGIII did yesterday.

And by the way, RGIII took a few shots pretty high -- at least one of which was clearly in the head. Between that and the non-call last week on Fred Davis, the refereeing is taking a dark turn. I generally don't complain about officiating as I think it tends to be bad all around and thus a wash, but the last two weeks are making me re-think that approach.[/quote]

Well when RG3 becomes a runner he has no protection.

Paintrain 09-24-2012 09:13 PM

[quote=RedskinRat;944864]Parcells saying "She'll be fine" regarding Terry Glenn's 'injury'. Oh, and his "Cook the meal" comment also.[/quote]

I've gotten great mileage from his 'let's all put away the anointing oil' comment re: Romo.

jdlea 09-25-2012 07:40 AM

[quote=RedskinRat;944864]Parcells saying "She'll be fine" regarding Terry Glenn's 'injury'. Oh, and his "Cook the meal" comment also.[/quote]

I don't know, I think I'll always be partial to Herm's "You play to win the game" speech.

rypper11 09-25-2012 08:07 AM

Loved hearing Coach Joe talk about guys "fighting their guts out".

Not sure what people expect to hear in the Monday pressers other than injury news. Their emotions have come down from the day before and that's why I like the one's immediate following the games better.

RGIII 09-25-2012 08:26 AM

Memo to Shanahan: keep your head in the game.

That Guy 09-25-2012 10:05 PM

shanny's pressers are almost as bad as gibbs in regards to how they're nothing more than informationless droning. at least mike will give some injury updates i guess, but they're still a pretty worthless thing to listen to.