Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Redskins Locker Room (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/)
-   -   Trade unlikely (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/4967-trade-unlikely.html)

diehardskin2982 02-26-2005 06:39 PM

Trade unlikely

Damn Chris Samuels!!
[URL=http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A55978-2005Feb26.html]http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A55978-2005Feb26.html[/URL]

Samuels needs to bite the bullet he's not as good as Jones and he needs to realize that and get it done he's crippling how we can build through Free Agency :smashfrea

Big C 02-26-2005 07:13 PM

Re: Trade unlikely

this is true

diehardskin2982 02-26-2005 07:16 PM

is it true that Lavar has been given the opportunity as well to seek a trade?

bigm29 02-26-2005 07:19 PM

no, thats not possible cuz the cap hit will be almost $20 million

SKINSnCANES 02-26-2005 07:21 PM

I wouldnt say its unlikely. i still think they will work somethign out. I wouldnt be surprised to see Sameuls cut though.

BossHog 02-26-2005 07:24 PM

It seems we're better off keeping Coles and cutting or trading Samuels. As much as Gibbs seems to prefer veterans, we may have to draft a OT. Samuels is, by the way, the one with the high cap number. Coles figures to be because of his desire to be release and the team's desire to trade. How does the song go? "It's cheaper to keep her..." :oink:

SKINSnCANES 02-26-2005 07:37 PM

lol, whta song is that?

BIGREDSKINFAN63 02-26-2005 08:23 PM

samuels is a joke!cut him,and move forward.

Daseal 02-26-2005 08:29 PM

This is ridiculous. Samuels is one of the better LTs in the league and it's his money they want to play with. Don't act like he's supposed to drop everything and restructure. Our offense would take a huge step backwards without Samuels who allowed a single sack in 16 games while hurt. Samuels is a player we should try to keep at all costs. We can't afford his cap hit, and we need him to restructure, but it's silly to get mad at him if he won't. It's his life, it's his money. Not ours.

Funbunchfan 02-26-2005 09:08 PM

[QUOTE=Daseal]This is ridiculous. Samuels is one of the better LTs in the league and it's his money they want to play with. Don't act like he's supposed to drop everything and restructure. Our offense would take a huge step backwards without Samuels who allowed a single sack in 16 games while hurt. Samuels is a player we should try to keep at all costs. We can't afford his cap hit, and we need him to restructure, but it's silly to get mad at him if he won't. It's his life, it's his money. Not ours.[/QUOTE]lol one of the better at false starts

Schneed10 02-26-2005 10:51 PM

Well, if you keep Coles and you keep Samuels, without restructuring him, the Redskins will have about 8 million in cap room to work with. That's not bad, there's opportunity to improve the team there. It's just that in that scenario you've got Coles on the team, who doesn't want to be there. Quite a conundrum. If we end up keeping Coles, I think he'll be productive, but Gibbs will have to do a hell of a job keeping the team united.

bedlamVR 02-26-2005 11:04 PM

Samuels needs to restucture not just from our part but his own . Everyone says restuctring only benifits the team it isn't so bad for the player either . If he gets something similar to Jones in Seatle 14-15mil SB 50 Mil contract he would be getting an extra 6 million no matter what and we may be the only people in the NFL looking to give him that kind of deal.

jdlea 02-26-2005 11:05 PM

I agree with Daseal, the Redskins are flat out f*cking dirty when it comes to long term contracts. Then again, so is the rest of the league. Why do you give them the money and the sigining bonus and the length of the deal when you know damn well niether party will ever see the end of it? I hate this league and the way they handle contracts. I also hate the way fans view players who won't restructure. Daseal said it best. It's his damn money they're playing with. I wouldn't sign with the Skins if I were a free agent. They make everyone restructure all the damn time. Portis, LaVar, Washington, Griffin, none of them will see the end of their deals. They'll all restructure and people will call them real Redskins and if they don't people wil talk about them being overrated and how they have bad attitudes and they don't wanna be part of the team. God forbid a player try to hold a franchise to the agreement they made. Franchises aren't responsible for anything in this league, it's insane. One of the most dangerous pro sports in the world and no franchise pays its players the money that they agree to when the contract is signed. It makes me sick.

How can we expect loyalty from the players when every front office in the league is devoid of that value? Muhsin Muhammad had a great season...cut. Ty Law almost single handedly put the Pats in the Super Bowl last season...cut. This league needs to come up with something so that veterans' contracts count for less against the cap or something because this is ridiculous.

bedlamVR 02-26-2005 11:07 PM

Also this is on Coles if he agrees to changing the 5 mil bonus to a roster bonus he gets the chance to get back in the Jets with Pennington. That would only cost us about 1 million the question has to be how bad does Coles want out ?

SKINSnCANES 02-26-2005 11:17 PM

yea I agree. They should probably look at how the system is right now. Snyder gives out long deals so he can spread out a huge bonus that he used to lore a player in. I think in general long deals are stupid, so much can happen. If a guy gets hurt and doestn play, or he just gets old and his game falls off does he really deserve to be paid top dollar for that? Theres not a right anwser really. Performance based pay would be great, but its a physical sport and not a players fault if he gets hurt. Look at Jansen, he didnt play and knew he earned big bucks and everyone respects him for restructuring. Samuels got hurt and didnt play up to his game two years ago and now everyone thinks his an ass for not takign less money. Theres nothing that says Samuels istn a team players becuase he wants his money that everyone thought he deserved when they gave him the deal.

The only thing I dont like is that Snyder would give Samuels a deal that would give him more money then he would get on the current one in the same amount of years and he turned it down. That and we accepted their offer that THEY gave and now they want more becuase of what Jones got. Come on Chris, what did you do in the last four weeks that makes you so much better than when you submitted the offer?!?