Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Falcons @ Redskins Gameday Thread (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=49680)

SmootSmack 10-07-2012 04:10 PM

Re: Falcons @ Redskins Gameday Thread

[quote=Darrell_Green_28;949997]any update on RGIII's condition? why didn't he return if he only needed stitches?[/quote]

Think it was more than stitches. I also think that by rule he couldn't return if there was even a hint of a concussion

punch it in 10-07-2012 04:10 PM

[QUOTE=DynamiteRave;950004]Rex is better because he's actually started. I can't blame Cousins too much. Dude wasn't brought here to be starter. He's a rookie backup QB. If anyone thought he was going to have some Tom Brady like showing they must be on glue. You can't throw Cousins under the bus, this loss is slung on the heads of the entire offense, save Morris.[/QUOTE]

Than why is cousins dressing and not rex?
I never thought cousins was that good in college.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hagams 10-07-2012 04:11 PM

The two things that cost us the game is 3rd downs, and RGIII's injury. I don't put this on Cousins at all. He was put in the game with his back against a wall, and with zero snaps with the 1st string. It sucks, but we have a lot of good to take away from this game. DB's did a good job containing the most potent WR corps in the game, and for the most part Michael Turner was non-existant. ALmo is a freaking beast though. Good loss, it sucks, but it wasn't a blow out.

DynamiteRave 10-07-2012 04:11 PM

[quote=punch it in;950010]Than why is cousins dressing and not rex?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

Gotta ask Shanahan that.

NC_Skins 10-07-2012 04:12 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;949979]What? We should hang our heads after every single play. I'm starting next week's Game Thread with the first post "Game Over"[/quote]

I'm already on top of things Smoot.

[url]http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/49680-falcons-redskins-gameday-thread-2.html#post949433[/url]

[quote=Mattyk;949992]lol

Today is the first time I've followed the game day thread closely in a while and I've gotta say, some people here need to be on suicide watch, wow[/quote]

Usually one or two. Most people are level headed. Now, few are quick to call it game over though..lol

Bucket 10-07-2012 04:12 PM

[quote=punch it in;949995]Oh and cousins was a wasted pick. Rex is better. Said this since the draft. Watched him alot in college.

Lolol. You serious? The guy who has played in the NFL countless years is better then the rookie?

Awesome

I watched Alfred Morris in college. His team went 1-11. Hes terrible

kct1975 10-07-2012 04:13 PM

[QUOTE=DynamiteRave;950004]Rex is better because he's actually started. I can't blame Cousins too much. Dude wasn't brought here to be starter. He's a rookie backup QB. If anyone thought he was going to have some Tom Brady like showing they must be on glue. You can't throw Cousins under the bus, this loss is slung on the heads of the entire offense, save Morris.[/QUOTE]

Rex sux....Cousins, IMHO...did Ok, for comming in cold...Rex would have thrown an interception on his first play.

I agree that RG III is better, but, I too only want him to come back if he is completely healthy.

If RG III is not healthy by next week, I would much rather see Kirk Cousins than Rex Grossman

KCT - "No Matter Where You Go, There You Are!"

53Fan 10-07-2012 04:14 PM

Not bad considering we lost our starting QB and played against an undefeated team that leads the league in scoring. We were in it all the way to the end.

CASKINS 10-07-2012 04:14 PM

BY NFL rules RGIII couldn't return even if there was a hint of a concussion

SmootSmack 10-07-2012 04:15 PM

[quote=punch it in;950002]SS. Did u watch him alot in college? I dont think he was that good. Jus sayin.

Yeah and I loved, loved, loved, loved the pick. I've been saying for years we need two young QBs and we got them!

I think Cousins is a solid QB who can be a solid QB (but never a star) for 15 years in this league.

That said, I thought they gave him little help when he came in. Didn't use Morris much. No quick outs to say Ryan Grant. etc.

punch it in 10-07-2012 04:15 PM

[QUOTE=Bucket;950014]Lolol. You serious? The guy who has played in the NFL countless years is better then the rookie?

Awesome

I watched Alfred Morris in college. His team went 1-11. Hes terrible[/QUOTE]

Team record has nothing to di with the potential you see in a player coming out of college first of all. Second of all you are lol'ing because i think the experienced knows the offense dude should be starting backup over the rookie who i think wasnt very good coming into the league? Are you serious?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kct1975 10-07-2012 04:15 PM

[QUOTE=CASKINS;950018]BY NFL rules RGIII couldn't return even if there was a hint of a concussion[/QUOTE]

Ya...I forgot about that rule change

KCT - "No Matter Where You Go, There You Are!"

DynamiteRave 10-07-2012 04:16 PM

[quote=kct1975;950016]Rex sux....Cousins, IMHO...did Ok, for comming in cold...Rex would have thrown an interception on his first play.

I agree that RG III is better, but, I too only want him to come back if he is completely healthy.

If RG III is not healthy by next week, I would much rather see Kirk Cousins than Rex Grossman

KCT - "No Matter Where You Go, There You Are!"[/quote]

I mean, its rare for a team to have a stellar backup QB. I mean remember when Manning was playing for the Colts and got injured, Painter came in and lost 8 games straight? When you've got an awesome starting QB, losing him hurts BAD. No matter who your backup QB is.