Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   2004 Pre-season schedule (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=499)

SkinsRock 03-22-2004 02:18 PM

2004 Pre-season schedule

...has been released:

*Week 1: Denver vs. Washington, Monday, Aug. 9, 9 pm EST
Week 2 (Aug. 12-16): Carolina at Washington, date/time TBD
Week 3 (Aug. 19-23): Washington at Miami, date/time TBD
*Week 4: Washington at St. Louis, Aug. 27, 8 pm EST
Week 5 (Sept. 2-5): Atlanta at Washington, date/time TBD

Two nationally televised games!

saden1 03-22-2004 02:34 PM

So I guess the season will be starting pretty late (sep 12th most likely) eh? The season start date has been slipping the past few years…. I'm I the only one that wants it to star as early as possible?

I like the idea of 5 preseason games though. :thumb:

Skins fan 44 03-22-2004 02:39 PM

Well good I was hoping they would be around my area for a pre season game. Might have to make a road trip to St. Louis.

JWsleep 03-22-2004 03:23 PM

Much as I enjoy getting things going early, 5 is WAY too many games. Four is enough, three is probably better. Nothing sucks worse than a preseason injury! :twocents:

Nice to be on National TV!

Paintrain 03-22-2004 03:25 PM

AARGH!!! Week 5 Atlanta AT Washington? I was hoping to see them again here in Atlanta this year... I guess that's just greedy on my part since they were just here.. I really wish that DIRECTV would show pre-season games if you are a Sunday Ticket subscriber..

Redskins_P 03-22-2004 03:26 PM

I agree 5 preseason games is way too much. Can't wait to see LC burn Champ!!!!!

skinsfanthru&thru 03-22-2004 04:55 PM

does this mean the super bowl is getting moved back even further into Feb.? I thought it felt weird moving it the first time but now its just ridiculous. atleast they had a reason the last time but now they r being greedy trying to have the playoffs and superbowl during sweeps. Doesn't the NFL dominate the ratings already? plus FIVE PRE-SEASON games?!?! r they trying to get some of our players to be hurt? I'd thought there was talk of having the preseason shortened, not extended. Can u imagine how burned out the players r gonna be come superbowl weekend?

MTK 03-22-2004 05:07 PM

I'd like to see the NFL expand to an 18 game regular season and cut the preseason to two games. 4 is too much as it is, 5 is just ridiculous.

rome108 03-22-2004 05:55 PM

[QUOTE=Paintrain] I really wish that DIRECTV would show pre-season games if you are a Sunday Ticket subscriber..[/QUOTE]

I totally agree. I get the sunday ticket too, but it sucks I can't see the preseason games. Anyone know why they don't show preseason games on Sunday ticket? Hell, I'll pay extra if I have to. I just need some damn Redskins football all the time!

At least this year there will be 2 nationally televised preseason games. Ahhh...the power of Joe Gibbs...I can't wait to see how many regularly season nationally televised games we have!

SmootSmack 03-22-2004 06:01 PM

[QUOTE=skinsfanthru&thru]does this mean the super bowl is getting moved back even further into Feb.? I thought it felt weird moving it the first time but now its just ridiculous. atleast they had a reason the last time but now they r being greedy trying to have the playoffs and superbowl during sweeps. Doesn't the NFL dominate the ratings already? plus FIVE PRE-SEASON games?!?! r they trying to get some of our players to be hurt? I'd thought there was talk of having the preseason shortened, not extended. Can u imagine how burned out the players r gonna be come superbowl weekend?[/QUOTE]

The Super Bowl is on February 6, 2005.

JWsleep 03-22-2004 06:16 PM

[QUOTE=smootsmack]The Super Bowl is on February 6, 2005.[/QUOTE]

The skins will be pretty tired by then, but Gibbs will have them ready! ;)

azskinsfan2 03-22-2004 08:10 PM

I think 5 is a little much, I agree with Matty, go to 2 preseason and 18 regular season.
I don't think Coach will play the starters enough in the preseason for them to get burned out, but you can never forsee possible injuries.
Sure glad we get to see them twice though and yeah, I'd love to see Coles burn Champ!!!!!

Gmanc711 03-22-2004 08:40 PM

I'd stick with 16 Regular Season, I just think that works out well. But I'd cut down the preseason games to 2 or 3 though.

Gmanc711 03-22-2004 10:29 PM

Anyone know when the Regula Season Schedule Comes out?

saden1 03-22-2004 11:49 PM

[QUOTE=rome108]Anyone know why they don't show preseason games on Sunday ticket?[/QUOTE]

They don't show them because local stations pay close to 5 to 10 million dollars to show preseason games. The local stations have these deals locked down. Maybe you should try to find a local bar to watch the games. I mean I am able to view all the preseason game at my local bar.