Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Samari or Freddy? (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=4994)

dirtbag2112 02-28-2005 01:16 PM

Re: Samari or Freddy?

Smoot got torched last year... But so did guys like Chris McAllister and our old friend Champ. I want a guy like Fred who will lay himself (physically) on the line to win a game. As far as heart goes, I'd put Smoot at the top.

jamf 02-28-2005 01:28 PM

first off, domestic violence is no laughing matter.

second. right now smoot IS better than rolle. rolle hasnt been playing up to his usuall level since 2001 when he hurt his neck.

like i mentioned in another thread, jerry jones even said smoot is a better cover corner than rolle is. but i think the problem is smoot has trouble with zone coverages.

also keep in mind that smoot was an alternate for the probowl.

another issue with rolle is he could miss playing time next year if he is convicted for beating his wife.

so basicly, the redskins dont want to pay a player they drafted. a player who the fans love.
a player that plays his heart out.
and instead they are going to bring in a guy that has been slowed by injuries, beats his wife, and wants more money?

wonderful...

this sends a terrible message to the fans.

the redskins have to be the worst run football team in the league.

Monksdown 02-28-2005 01:29 PM

Samari is 29 years old. Fred Smoot is 26. And while I dont exactly like the deal, it is definitely an upgrade, but at what price? Samari is not into his late 30's yet, so dont compare him to Bruce or Prime Time.

TheMalcolmConnection 02-28-2005 01:30 PM

Exactly. Not only a terrible message to the fans but starts a TERRIBLE precedent for any other prospective players for the Redskins to sign.

Monksdown 02-28-2005 01:30 PM

[QUOTE=jamf]first off, domestic violence is no laughing matter.

second. right now smoot IS better than rolle. rolle hasnt been playing up to his usuall level since 2001 when he hurt his neck.

like i mentioned in another thread, jerry jones even said smoot is a better cover corner than rolle is. but i think the problem is smoot has trouble with zone coverages.

another issue with rolle is he could miss playing time next year if he is convicted for beating his wife.

so basicly, the redskins dont want to pay a player they drafted. a player who the fans love.
and instead they are going to bring in a guy that has been slowed by injuries, beats his wife, and wants more money?

wonderful...

the redskins have to be the worst run football team in the league.[/QUOTE]
what the f does Jerry Jones know? The only thing he's good at his hiring incredibly talented coaches and then scaring them away.

Redskins_P 02-28-2005 01:31 PM

I just heard that the Redskins are denying the reports of acquiring Rolle. I don't have a link or anything. It just came on the radio.

I hope it's true!!!

Daseal 02-28-2005 01:31 PM

SMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT

God - just give him Rolle's money. Maybe it's a bartering game they're playing to lower Smoot! There's always wishful thinking.

Monksdown 02-28-2005 01:32 PM

[QUOTE=jamf]first off, domestic violence is no laughing matter.

wonderful...

the redskins have to be the worst run football team in the league.[/QUOTE]
What about the Titans, for the worst run football club?

TheMalcolmConnection 02-28-2005 01:32 PM

Daseal, that's what I'm thinking (and hoping) too. It's like a huge soap opera. I know we all wanted a boring off-season but at least we all have something to talk about.

Gmanc711 02-28-2005 01:34 PM

[QUOTE=Monksdown]What about the Titans, for the worst run football club?[/QUOTE]

You could make a case, because of where they are now. However, if we had 5 or 6 straight seasons of competing in the Super Bowl, a couple AFC Title games, division titles and a bunch of playoff apperances. I'll take a few years of "Cap Hell" if we get to have all of that stuff.

Skinsfanforlife 02-28-2005 01:36 PM

Hey jamf, Dude I was with until you started quoting Jerry Jones. I agree with you but who really care what Jerry Jones thinks.

Monksdown 02-28-2005 01:36 PM

[QUOTE=Gmanc711]You could make a case, because of where they are now. However, if we had 5 or 6 straight seasons of competing in the Super Bowl, a couple AFC Title games, division titles and a bunch of playoff apperances. I'll take a few years of "Cap Hell" if we get to have all of that stuff.[/QUOTE]
Why not have your cake and eat it too? Lets go with the Patriots business plan, or hell, lets steal the Oakland A's front office.

offiss 02-28-2005 01:40 PM

:laughing- :laughing- [QUOTE=RedskinRat]Cool, so he's aggressive :biggthump[/QUOTE]

Monksdown 02-28-2005 01:41 PM

[QUOTE=offiss]:laughing- :laughing-[/QUOTE]

first off, domestic violence is no laughing matter

haha

TheMalcolmConnection 02-28-2005 01:42 PM

HAhaha... I wish I would have caught that too.

But remember, it's no laughing matter.:nono: