Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Steelers 27 Skins 12 post game thread (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=50025)

FRPLG 10-28-2012 04:16 PM

Re: Steelers 27 Skins 12 post game thread

It's not that our defense got outplayed. They got out schemed. We weren't just blowing assignments and stuff. They were getting gains via scheming. I gotta believe that our defense can at least be prepared better. Not a big fan or=f blaming the coaching but seriously we were totally inept on defense. Who's that on?

CultBrennan59 10-28-2012 04:16 PM

[quote=Daseal;957823]Saw a few big issues here.

1) Secondary is terrible.
2) We have no pass rush -- manufactured through blitzes or from our rushers.
3) [B]I know I'm going to be killed for this, but it's time to start rotating Feltcher out. He was a liability all day. He had one great play, and a lot of straight up bad ones.[/B]
4) Drops were terrible. I can see maybe 2-3 of them being at least partially on Griff. One was very smart, when Young was behind the line with Steelers around and he let it hit him and fall to the ground. Save clock/etc.
5) We had no urgency late. Tick Tock.

Overall a bad day.[/quote]

No, your right, he is old and its showing. If only we had a first rounder to get Manti Te'o...

I actually agree with everything in your whole post, thanks for reminding me about the clock management.

imaskin4life 10-28-2012 04:16 PM

[quote=Mattyk;957817]Shouldn't be hard to upgrade from Hall, he's not any good.[/quote]

i hope you are right but i dont think so - hall is #1 or #2 cb on THIS team right now so to replace him you would need two corners who are better to make him #3, more than that to release him

Alvin Walton 10-28-2012 04:16 PM

[quote=skinsfaninok;957813]Sorry but that is a stupid play call, that's just asking for griff to get hurt. I understand he an exceptional athlete but cmon[/quote]

Yep, and Griffin does know how to play hand jive down the field.

los panda 10-28-2012 04:17 PM

defense still bad, receivers dropped passes = first game we've lost by more than one score.

6-10 pace

GTripp0012 10-28-2012 04:18 PM

Coaching not good, receivers worse.

GTripp0012 10-28-2012 04:18 PM

[quote=imaskin4life;957831]i hope you are right but i dont think so - hall is #1 or #2 cb on THIS team right now so to replace him you would need two corners who are better to make him #3, more than that to release him[/quote]There are currently unemployed corners who would make no. 2 CBs on this team.

Chico23231 10-28-2012 04:18 PM

[quote=FRPLG;957829]It's not that our defense got outplayed. They got out schemed. We weren't just blowing assignments and stuff. They were getting gains via scheming. I gotta believe that our defense can at least be prepared better. Not a big fan or=f blaming the coaching but seriously we were totally inept on defense. Who's that on?[/quote]

I want to like this comment +billion.

The Steelers ran the same bullshit offense they run [B]everytime[/B] i watch them. Yet it looked like we've never seen this on tape. Give me an effing break, guys were running free all day.

FRPLG 10-28-2012 04:19 PM

[quote=imaskin4life;957831]i hope you are right but i dont think so - hall is #1 or #2 cb on THIS team right now so to replace him you would need two corners who are better to make him #3, more than that to release him[/quote]

Hall is the WORST CB on this team. He is close to the worst in the league. I would literally cut him tonight and replace him with a PS player. He isn't good at all...hasn't been.

SBXVII 10-28-2012 04:19 PM

Frustration!

Across the board terrible game. Bad play calls. Bad exicution. Bad passing (not accurate). Bad receiving (couldn't catch anything today). Defense...nough said. The horrible part is they are not making any moves or strides towards fixing the defense. No cutting bad performance. No firing for bad leadership. No bringing in new or better talent.

DCskinsFan 10-28-2012 04:20 PM

I see a 7 - 9 for the year , next week should be a decent win .. but with our skins' you never know ..
down the stretch will be hard , Garcon wont be much productive , & injuries will just drag this year out .
I wouldnt even want this team in the playoffs , as a semi D. Hall fan , i think the guy got some loose screws , the ref ? really ..
Griffin will always give us a chance to win to the last minute , but the team .. playing the way we are currently playing will continue to let us down ..

imaskin4life 10-28-2012 04:20 PM

[quote=Evilgrin;957814]I dunno, young teams never benefit from that in the locker room. More important to lose the right way, then have that guy rub off on young players.[/quote]

if you actually have evidence that a player is poisoning a young team then i agree with you but i wouldnt assume he is [I]that[/I] bad for the locker room because of his blow up today.

Ruhskins 10-28-2012 04:21 PM

[quote=FRPLG;957837]Hall is the WORST CB on this team. He is close to the worst in the league. I would literally cut him tonight and replace him with a PS player. He isn't good at all...hasn't been.[/quote]

Saying Hall is the worst is like saying which piece of turd smells the worst. Our entire secondary sucks. I hope they all go.

SFREDSKIN 10-28-2012 04:21 PM

All i got say is, the colts are 4-3 have less talent than the skins and have an interim coach at the helm. What's the Redskins excuse?

GTripp0012 10-28-2012 04:22 PM

It's not that the Redskins were suddenly unprepared, its that our opponents played largely mistake free football and this is what the Redskins will look like whenever their opponents don't make mistakes.