Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Redskins Locker Room (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/)
-   -   If Shanny's Not Your Man, Then What Is Your Plan? (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/50172-if-shannys-not-your-man-then.html)

Paintrain 11-06-2012 01:29 PM

If Shanny's Not Your Man, Then What Is Your Plan?

Spinning off of the Should We Fire Mike Shanahan thread..

If you are one of the 'Fire Shanahan' proponents, what is your SPECIFIC plan to get this team back on the right path?

Who would you have picking personnel?
Who would you hire as head coach?
What offensive system would you want in place and who (OC) will run it?
What defensive system would you want in place and who (DC) will run it?
Who are your building block players for the systems you recommend?

Be detailed.

That Guy 11-06-2012 01:34 PM

Re: If Shanny's Not Your Man, Then What Is Your Plan?

i'd hire me, cause if we're going to lose, i might as well take $2mill+ a year to compensate.

Alvin Walton 11-06-2012 01:38 PM

[img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_zxsbVMrOUNw/Sc5MRB-R2aI/AAAAAAAAB6w/gUWfm7LyExE/s400/coach_240.jpg[/img]

los panda 11-06-2012 01:40 PM

[quote=Alvin Walton;961743][img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_zxsbVMrOUNw/Sc5MRB-R2aI/AAAAAAAAB6w/gUWfm7LyExE/s400/coach_240.jpg[/img][/quote]:lol: yes

skinsfaninok 11-06-2012 01:41 PM

Lol great title

skinsguy 11-06-2012 01:47 PM

I'm not necessarily in the pro-fire Shanny group, but I like the prospects of Russ Grimm or Todd Bowles. Grimm seems overdue a shot at head coaching. The real question is, who would they bring in as coordinators? If Kyle was willing to remain as offensive coordinator, I think that would be good for RGIII, but I doubt that would happen. Maybe Todd Bowles would be willing to come in and coach the secondary at least?

skinsfaninok 11-06-2012 01:50 PM

Isn't bowles the coordinator in Philadelphia now?? Yeah.. they have gotten worse since Castillo left

skinsguy 11-06-2012 01:57 PM

[quote=skinsfaninok;961751]Isn't bowles the coordinator in Philadelphia now?? Yeah.. they have gotten worse since Castillo left[/quote]

Can't judge Bowles for that though. He did a pretty good job as interim head coach for the Dolphins when Miami fired Sporano - Bowles went 2-1.

skinsfaninok 11-06-2012 02:13 PM

What about chip Kelly? Just throwing a name out there

SFREDSKIN 11-06-2012 02:17 PM

Greg Roman, the next Harbaugh.

NC_Skins 11-06-2012 02:23 PM

Where are those loud people at from the "Fire Mike" poll thread at? I want to see some detailed stuff on these questions since they are dead set that Mike is wrong. I still have yet to see a god damn thing from most of them except rhetoric and bullshit.

skinsguy 11-06-2012 02:27 PM

Greg Roman would be another good candidate, Chip Kelly would be an interesting choice, although I'd like to see how he'd do as an offensive coordinator in the NFL first before being a head coach.

RedskinRat 11-06-2012 02:35 PM

Stay the course!

SBXVII 11-06-2012 02:56 PM

Well I'm kinda happy with MS and KS. I wasn't at first but with the way the offense has been putting points on the board (when we have the right people healthy) I'm excited about what next year and maybe the year after would look like.

BUT, .... I'm not happy with Haslett. I didn't want him. Wasn't happy with the pick up. Everything pointed to the fact Haslett has done diddly in the NFL. As a DC in Pittsburgh his team was about as good as we are now. After he was fired and the team replaced him with another DC who tweeked the 3/4 scheme they had, the Steelers were a ton better. Haslett had nothing to do with it. I'm not really happy with the thought of the DB coach taking over either. I'm sure he would switch up to a Tampa 2.

What I'd do right now... is (just like Denver did) tell MS that Haslett must go. But who do we temporarily replace him with? Morris? maybe the last few games could be his evaluation time as well. Otherwise I look for a better 3/4 DC in the offseason. Make the draft a defensive heavy draft with a sprinkling of offensive players, ie; WR, OL, TE (or FB). I know everyone has their favorites or perhaps dislikes. I would assume that Rex Ryan will get fired (or atleast hope he does), then nab him to be the DC here. What a better rivalry then Redskins/Dallas, brother vs. brother.

Otherwise..... I'm not interested in Bill Cowher, people complain about what has MS done in the last 13 yrs. It took Cowher about 13 yrs to get to the SB and win it then he bailed. I'm not waiting 13 yrs for Cowher to get his players in and win a SB.

I'd probably go with Gruden. Then I'd let him pick his co-ordinators and staff. No need in picking people for him and having conflict with opinions.

or we could throw a ton of money at the Ex-Saints HC. lol.

SmootSmack 11-06-2012 03:03 PM

[quote=Paintrain;961732]Spinning off of the Should We Fire Mike Shanahan thread..

If you are one of the 'Fire Shanahan' proponents, what is your SPECIFIC plan to get this team back on the right path?

Who would you have picking personnel?
Who would you hire as head coach?
What offensive system would you want in place and who (OC) will run it?
What defensive system would you want in place and who (DC) will run it?
Who are your building block players for the systems you recommend?

Be detailed.[/quote]

It's kind of funny you started this thread because when I started a similar thread I locked it when your post jumped it way over the shark

Anyhow, let's say Mike and Kyle are gone

COO: Bruce Allen. Make it clear he's in charge of the organization, not picking the roster

GM: Mo Brown, or Brian Gaine, or Nick Caserio (Brown because he's in house and well respected Gaine and Caserio are bright young execs)

HC: Perry Fewell. I want a coach looking for a 2nd chance (though I think a guy like Brian Schottenheimer could actually be great) and Fewell has experience, is familiar with big media markets, is disciplined and well respected. And we'd be taking away a division rival's coach

OC/DC: Let me think about those.