Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   John Riggins to be featured on 'A Football Life' (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=50303)

calia 11-15-2012 05:08 PM

John Riggins to be featured on 'A Football Life'

Incredible. He was one-of-a-kind: [url=http://www.nfl.com/videos/a-football-life/0ap2000000095480/A-Football-Life-John-Riggins-sneak-peak]A Football Life: John Riggins sneak peak - NFL Videos[/url]

SFREDSKIN 11-15-2012 05:12 PM

re: John Riggins to be featured on 'A Football Life'

I'll have to watch it. I see you live in Woodside, I used to live in Redwood city.

los panda 11-15-2012 05:22 PM

awesome

calia 11-15-2012 05:23 PM

I do. And this is worth watching. Honestly, it made me incredibly nostalgic as it focuses on the 1982 season and I recall all of those games. What a time to be a Redskins fan.

los panda 11-15-2012 05:26 PM

i get goosebumps every time i hear the "we want dallas" chant and i wasn't born yet

calia 11-15-2012 05:28 PM

[quote=los panda;964344]i get goosebumps every time i hear the "we want dallas" chant and i wasn't born yet[/quote]

You weren't born yet? You're making a lot of us feel old.

los panda 11-15-2012 05:32 PM

i was born before we stomped denver 42-10

Krusheasy 11-15-2012 07:22 PM

I just came across this on NFL.com and was about to share. Definitely must see TV

44ever 11-15-2012 07:46 PM

"Load the wagon, Gimme the ball..." F-ing MAGIC!!! 44!!!

MTK 11-15-2012 08:06 PM

A Football Life is such a great series. Can't wait for this one on The Diesel.

TheSmurfs22 11-15-2012 08:29 PM

Got to meet Riggo before the Superbowl against the Fins. Still one of the coolest days of my life. Still my favorite Redskin.

SFREDSKIN 11-16-2012 12:02 AM

I just watched that 12 minute video and I'm all fired up! Those were some great teams full of characters that played as a team (no bullshit agendas). I hunger for those days again, ****! I want it so bad! I want the Redskins to kick everybody's ass instead of being pansies. Please, please RGIII you will change the culture of this team to reflect your personality, the only other 3 players of that mold are Fletcher, Morris and Lorenzo Alexander. We need 49 more players like you guys.

skinsfan69 11-16-2012 10:16 AM

Football LIfe is must watch TV. Great stuff by NFL Films.

CultBrennan59 11-16-2012 11:03 AM

Re: John Riggins to be featured on 'A Football Life'

Funny, I've only heard a few people (2-3) people on here mention that show, then all of a sudden a Redskin is featured and its "Oh its great show; Must watch this one; Can't wait!"

You all crack me up.

I'll be watching

Monkeydad 11-16-2012 11:36 AM

[quote=los panda;964347]i was born before we stomped denver 42-10[/quote]

That was the first Super Bowl I watched.

Lotus 11-16-2012 11:44 AM

[quote=calia;964346]You weren't born yet? You're making a lot of us feel old.[/quote]

Word. I can tell you what kind of beer I was drinking that day.

skinsfan69 11-16-2012 11:46 AM

[quote=CultBrennan59;964457]Funny, I've only heard a few people (2-3) people on here mention that show, then all of a sudden a Redskin is featured and its "Oh its great show; Must watch this one; Can't wait!"

You all crack me up.

I'll be watching[/quote]

I watch it every Wed. I'm addicted. They've featured some real good stories but my favorite one has been Ray Lewis. Not sure if anyone caught it but Lewis befriends this family and one family members is dying of cancer. The guy is out at practice in a wheelchair talking to Lewis and Chuck Pagano comes over to shake the guys hand and introduce himself....pretty strange.

MTK 11-16-2012 11:46 AM

[quote=CultBrennan59;964457]Funny, I've only heard a few people (2-3) people on here mention that show, then all of a sudden a Redskin is featured and its "Oh its great show; Must watch this one; Can't wait!"

You all crack me up.

I'll be watching[/quote]

I've seen every episode so far, with or without a Redskin being featured it's a great show.

Just because we haven't had an entire thread dedicated to it doesn't mean people aren't watching or don't already think it's a great series.

los panda 11-16-2012 11:52 AM

[quote=Lotus;964467]Word. I can tell you what kind of beer I was drinking that day.[/quote][IMG]http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/9447/1311650977875.jpg[/IMG]

firstdown 11-16-2012 11:53 AM

I remember watching that SB with a good friend of mine who got killed in a car wreck a few years later. Everytime I see that run of Riggins I can remember my buddy jumping up out of his chair and his glass of beer flying all over the place.

SmootSmack 11-16-2012 12:13 PM

[quote=Mattyk;964469]I've seen every episode so far, with or without a Redskin being featured it's a great show.

Just because we haven't had an entire thread dedicated to it doesn't mean people aren't watching or don't already think it's a great series.[/quote]

Same (though I keep missing the Ray Lewis one), and have even said I love the show

htownskinfan 11-16-2012 12:38 PM

Excellent,just programmed dvr to record

REDSKINS4ever 11-16-2012 12:54 PM

Riggo was one of a kind. A tough hard nosed runner that could barrel over defensive linemen and linebackers. As a youngster I enjoyed watching him play.

calia 11-16-2012 03:23 PM

I always loved how he would score a TD and then hand the ball to the referee. No spiking. No dancing (that would have been ugly). He jest went about his business. And the clear message was: this is what I do, and I will be here again.

We need more guys like that in the league.

(Caveat: I will give Alfmo his homerun swing given that he dedicated it to a little league baseball team he met in the preseason.)

53Fan 11-16-2012 04:04 PM

Riggo reminds me of what a really great group of characters we use to have. And what made it truly special was these guys could flat out ball. Come game time...they came to kick ass.

MTK 11-16-2012 04:09 PM

Growing up playing ball in the backyard I always wanted to play like Riggo. We all know he was tough, but in his prime he was hella fast for a guy his size. Plus I just love the #44 for a back.

CultBrennan59 11-16-2012 06:22 PM

[quote=Mattyk;964469]I've seen every episode so far, with or without a Redskin being featured it's a great show.

Just because we haven't had an entire thread dedicated to it doesn't mean people aren't watching or don't already think it's a great series.[/quote]

Its not thread worthy, I've heard a couple of people mention it in the Around the NFL threads

Krusheasy 11-17-2012 01:40 AM

I'll admit, I was 8 when they won the SB in 88 & missed out on the whole Diesel era. I got to know him watching his TV/radio show that ended this year. But, after watching the 12 minutes sneak peak he truly comes off as a complete narcissist.

SouperMeister 11-18-2012 11:27 AM

[quote=calia;964530][B]I always loved how he would score a TD and then hand the ball to the referee. No spiking. No dancing (that would have been ugly). He jest went about his business. And the clear message was: this is what I do, and I will be here again.[/B]

We need more guys like that in the league.

(Caveat: I will give Alfmo his homerun swing given that he dedicated it to a little league baseball team he met in the preseason.)[/quote]I loved that about Riggo too. Always acted like he had been there before whenever he scored. I particularly liked it when he handed the ball to one of the Hogs and let them spike it and get a little well deserved limelight.

MTK 11-18-2012 12:10 PM

[quote=Krusheasy;964584]I'll admit, I was 8 when they won the SB in 88 & missed out on the whole Diesel era. I got to know him watching his TV/radio show that ended this year. But, after watching the 12 minutes sneak peak [B]he truly comes off as a complete narcissist[/B].[/quote]

Oh he totally is. But that's what makes him Riggo.

punch it in 11-20-2012 11:16 PM

Matty and Okie keep raving about this show, and I keep meaning to watch it. Looks like this will be the one I watch - RIGGO!

SFREDSKIN 11-20-2012 11:21 PM

By the end of the show everyone who sees it will be fired up (I was after watching the 12 minute clip) and yelling I want some cowgirl ass!! We need to relive those days again, it's been way to long. I'm ****ing hungry.

skinsfaninok 11-20-2012 11:36 PM

[QUOTE=punch it in;966097]Matty and Okie keep raving about this show, and I keep meaning to watch it. Looks like this will be the one I watch - RIGGO![/QUOTE]

It's great man. Every episode has been fantastic.

Krusheasy 11-21-2012 11:12 AM

@dcsportsbog Producer of tonight's Riggo docu has worked at NFL Films 35 years, says this is best project he's ever worked on [url=http://bit.ly/Wk1eBp]Washington Post[/url]

SFREDSKIN 11-21-2012 08:06 PM

On now!

punch it in 11-21-2012 08:27 PM

[quote=Monkeydad;964463]That was the first Super Bowl I watched.[/quote]

First one I remember watching was Pittsburgh vs the Rams...........used to love Vince Ferragamo even though he sucked.

Back to the show - interesting I never realized Joe Namath was so responsible for Riggo coming to Washington.

punch it in 11-21-2012 08:39 PM

That playoff / superbowl part gave me goosebumps and tears of remembrance/joy. Im wearing my 44 jersey tomorrow and I cant even sleep now. ****ing pumped!

SFREDSKIN 11-21-2012 08:42 PM

[quote=punch it in;966423]That playoff / superbowl part gave me goosebumps and tears of remembrance/joy. Im wearing my 44 jersey tomorrow and I cant even sleep now. ****ing pumped![/quote]

Likewise. Tony Dorsett stomping on the Redskins banner made me go psycho (hate that pussy). I want blood tomorrow, Riggo style!

punch it in 11-21-2012 09:02 PM

Im gonna have a beer for Riggo............
:oink:
:food-smil

TheSmurfs22 11-21-2012 09:04 PM

Absolutely wonderful piece on Riggo. Of course I am biased, because he is still my favorite Redskin, if not athlete period.