Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Pivotal Pie(r)ce (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=5032)

BossHog 03-02-2005 10:08 AM

Pivotal Pie(r)ce

Who commands the larger contract? Antonio Pierce or Ed Hartwell? Will we be able to afford either of these guys? Hopefully, other teams see Pierce as a one year wonder who benefited from Greg Williams blitz-matic system. Although he's physically suited to play OLB as supposed to MLB, I can't think of an available MLB or OLB willing to play 'inside' for us if we're unable to sign either of these guys. And the outlook on the drat is average. :oink:

BossHog 03-02-2005 11:06 AM

Re: Pivotal Pie(r)ce

No takers, huh? It's weird to be the sole reply to your own thread. Sigh. :oink:

Daseal 03-02-2005 11:10 AM

I think more than that we should hope he's not a one year wonder!

Redskins_P 03-02-2005 11:12 AM

Hartwell will definitely command a larger contract because he's been a MLB for a while and he comes from a great system in B-More.

I seriously believe that Pierce will be back.

BossHog 03-02-2005 11:16 AM

And I hope you're right. Aaarrrrgh! What's taking so long? :oink:

sportscurmudgeon 03-02-2005 07:38 PM

Jeez...you don't think that Danny Boy would go and toss a huge contract at - - - - - Jeremiah Trotter, do you? :frusty:

That Guy 03-02-2005 07:46 PM

last i heard trotter was going to KC/vikes and was going to sign at one of those places...

skinzfan44 03-02-2005 08:08 PM

Could this be the first step in resigning our own instead of spending money on free agents? Lets show some love for our players for a change!!!!!

skin4Life28 03-02-2005 08:09 PM

The deal with Trotter and KC is done. As John Clayton said today, Ed Hartwell and A. Pierce are going to get monster money from any team.

monk81 03-02-2005 08:19 PM

[QUOTE=skin4Life28] As John Clayton said today, Ed Hartwell and A. Pierce are going to get monster money from any team.[/QUOTE]

Oh no........that's not a good sign........if Pierce wants a lot of money, then we probably can't sign BOTH Pierce and Smoot........... :( I would prefer to re-sign our our free agents before exploring the market.....we have a KNOWN commodity vs an unknown.........even the Cryboys struck out with Wiley

To our Capologist Canuck........how much cap room do we have left?

PSUskinsfan11 03-02-2005 08:32 PM

Remember Kendrell Bell is still out there too. It does seem like linebackers are going quick though with Trotter pretty much a Chief and Coakley going to the Rams. I pray that the Cowboys don;t get a shot at drafting Derrick Johnson now that Coakley is gone. That kid is going to be amazing.

KLHJ2 03-02-2005 08:42 PM

Guys I tend to agree with trying to get our own back before exploring FA! While I am on the toppic I couldnt help but notice when I was on ESPN.com that they have Smoot turning us down for something like 10 mil, and us landing Rolle for 15 mil. I dont know about you guys, but I would rather keep Smoot and pay him what they would intend on paying Rolle.

KLHJ2 03-02-2005 08:45 PM

[QUOTE=angryssg]Guys I tend to agree with trying to get our own back before exploring FA! While I am on the toppic I couldnt help but notice when I was on ESPN.com that they have Smoot turning us down for something like 10 mil, and us landing Rolle for 15 mil. I dont know about you guys, but I would rather keep Smoot and pay him what they would intend on paying Rolle.[/QUOTE]

Just to clarify things that wold be their signing bonus.

That Guy 03-02-2005 11:17 PM

for those wanting to know we're 8-10mill under after rabach... any sort of major player eats about 4-5mill in the first season (2mill base + 15mill bonus/6, at least according to the way danny usually writes up contracts)...

skinsguy 03-02-2005 11:21 PM

Has anybody posted this? If so sorry for being redundant but it seems as if Pierce is going to the NY Giants!

[url]http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/3433974[/url]