Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Redskins Locker Room (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/)
-   -   Available WR!!!! (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/5033-available-wr.html)

bridaman51 03-02-2005 10:37 AM

Available WR!!!!

You always hear about the bit WR, Muhammed, Plax, Houzmenzahadah (sp) but what about Troy Brown..... To me he would be a ideal redskin, they way he sacrificed in New England, he is a stand up guy I think would help the skins out. Any Thoughts?

TheMalcolmConnection 03-02-2005 10:39 AM

Re: Available WR!!!!

Hmmmmmmmm... I wonder what his asking price would be. Then again, someone already said we have a NUMBER of mediocre to slight-above-average receivers and I think he would just add to the list.

TheMalcolmConnection 03-02-2005 10:45 AM

I would say if we would sign ANY WR rather than draft one, I would want Plax. Honestly, I'd rather sign Pierce and Smoot first THEN worry about that.

Redskins_P 03-02-2005 10:49 AM

Smoot and Pierce are the first priority. I don't even know if we'll be able to sign Plax.....his price might be too high.

Skinsfanforlife 03-02-2005 10:51 AM

[QUOTE=TheMalcolmConnection]I would say if we would sign ANY WR rather than draft one, I would want Plax. Honestly, I'd rather sign Pierce and Smoot first THEN worry about that.[/QUOTE]

Exactly lets sign are own players for once. we have a good team. They just need to be together in the same system for more then one year.

TheMalcolmConnection 03-02-2005 10:59 AM

Definitely. I mean I really WOULD like to have Plax, I just don't think it will happen to maintain the people we have. Say we signed Plax and lost Smoot and/or Pierce. Where's the money going to come from to fill those slots with good players? I mean we could have Harris as a backup and maybe Wilds in a few years. I just don't want to take those chances.

celts32 03-02-2005 11:13 AM

To old, we need to go young. The only free agent WR I would consider is TJ Housh. His best football is ahead of him and he will come cheaper than Plax, Mason & any other big names available.

skin4Life28 03-02-2005 08:08 PM

Love the man's character and heart. But not what we need on this team. Plus, I am starting to question his age a bit.

Big C 03-02-2005 08:10 PM

i really havent been impressed by houshmanzadeh very much. one decent season and dont really see him as a pig play guy or anything. i dunno that may be just me

Mattyk 03-02-2005 08:11 PM

TJ re-upped with the Bengals today

monk81 03-02-2005 08:15 PM

I think keeping our defense together is a prioty.............we need Pierce and Smoot......we especially do not want to see Smoot go to the Cowboys.........

I think we can draft a WR and find a free agent less expensive then Plax.................

e16bball 03-02-2005 08:31 PM

Yeah T.J. is off the market. I would much rather see Plax sign with the Vikes. That would assure that they aren't taking a WR and eat up a bunch of that cap space with an overpaid player. If they sign Plax, I think we are sitting pretty for Big Mike, and that is my biggest offseason goal, aside from re-signing at least one out of Smoot and Pierce.