Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Redskins Locker Room (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/)
-   -   NFC East Chances (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/50394-nfc-east-chances.html)

donofriose 11-20-2012 12:57 PM

NFC East Chances

We are still very much in the playoff hunt. What do you think the chances the skins make the playoffs. Why or why not? Who do you think will win the NFC east. By the looks of the schedules a 9-7 team might end up winning it. What wins do you see the skins having? What wins do you think the rest of the NFC East will get? What has to happen for us to win?

Current Standings:
NYG 6-4
DAL 5-5
WAS 4-6
PHI 3-7

NYG Schedule:
vs. GB
@ WAS
vs NO
@ ATL
@ BAL
vs PHI

DAL Schedule:
vs WAS
vs PHI
@ CIN
vs PIT
vs NO
@ WAS

WAS schedule:
@ DAL
vs NYG
vs BAL
@ CLE
@ PHI
vs DAL

SmootSmack 11-20-2012 01:03 PM

Re: NFC East Chances

Personally, all I can think about right now is beating Dallas on Thursday. It's cliche, but you have to take care of your own games one game at a time before you worry about the rest

mredskins 11-20-2012 01:05 PM

That Panthers game really stings right now. Grrrrr........

CRedskinsRule 11-20-2012 01:08 PM

I posted the NFC playoff seeding in the Dallas week thread, and while the playoffs is the goal it seriously starts with beating Dallas this week. If we do, we are right there, and the next game against the Giants becomes THE game. If we win our games, the rest will absolutely take care of itself. And other than the Ravens, we ought to be able to beat every other team on our schedule. Will we? That is the question!

Hail to the SteelSkins 11-20-2012 01:09 PM

Right now, like the rest of the team ( I hope ) I am only seeing Stars. Grass, dirt and blood covered stars. We can figure out the rest during our mini bye week in between Thursday the 22nd and Monday the 3rd.

skinsfan69 11-20-2012 01:14 PM

[quote=donofriose;965901]We are still very much in the playoff hunt. What do you think the chances the skins make the playoffs. Why or why not? Who do you think will win the NFC east. By the looks of the schedules a 9-7 team might end up winning it. What wins do you see the skins having? What wins do you think the rest of the NFC East will get? What has to happen for us to win?

Current Standings:
NYG 6-4
DAL 5-5
WAS 4-6
PHI 3-7

NYG Schedule:
vs. GB
@ WAS
vs NO
@ ATL
@ BAL
vs PHI

DAL Schedule:
vs WAS
vs PHI
@ CIN
vs PIT
vs NO
@ WAS

WAS schedule:
@ DAL
vs NYG
vs BAL
@ CLE
@ PHI
vs DAL[/quote]

One win against a terrible team =PLAYOFFS! We are not a playoff team. End of discussion.

calia 11-20-2012 01:15 PM

[quote=mredskins;965906]That Panthers game really stings right now. Grrrrr........[/quote]

And the Rams game too, actually.

Ruhskins 11-20-2012 01:16 PM

Ugh, the f'ing Cowpukes have a pretty easy schedule. I hope they self destruct again.

NC_Skins 11-20-2012 01:18 PM

[YT]vFco7i-ICmE[/YT]

calia 11-20-2012 01:20 PM

[quote=Ruhskins;965915]Ugh, the f'ing Cowpukes have a pretty easy schedule. I hope they self destruct again.[/quote]

Not so sure -- they will have a dogfight with us, twice, the Steelers aren't pushovers, even with the Big Ben injury and who knows he could be back, and NO isn't a team anyone wants to play right now. But the key is that we have to take care of business -- starting in 2 days.

CRedskinsRule 11-20-2012 01:27 PM

[quote=skinsfan69;965913]One win against a terrible team =PLAYOFFS! We are not a playoff team. End of discussion.[/quote]

It's not just one game against Philly, we also beat #7-9 on the NFC seed list, and with a win this week we suddenly get vaulted back into having a shot.

As JR told me, it's alot of IF IF IF's right now, and the Skins have certainly fooled us over the years, But Griffin makes me [U]want[/U] to believe. It would be awesome to see a playoff run akin to the year ST died, but without the drastic a propelling force. For right now it all comes down to Turkey Day at Dallas

JoeRedskin 11-20-2012 01:35 PM

[quote=Hail to the SteelSkins;965908]Right now, like the rest of the team ( I hope ) I am only seeing Stars. [B] Grass, dirt and blood covered stars. [/B] We can figure out the rest during our mini bye week in between Thursday the 22nd and Monday the 3rd.[/quote]

"Blood covered stars". Nice.

Gmanc711 11-20-2012 01:36 PM

[quote=skinsfan69;965913]One win against a terrible team =PLAYOFFS! We are not a playoff team. End of discussion.[/quote]

This wouldn't be a discussion any other year, or in any other division... but its a legitimate discussion in the NFC East this year, because no one is really that good. Furthermore, the team that is the best of the bunch (NYG) has one of the most brutal schedules down the stretch. I actually think the winner of this game between Dallas and Washington is really in the drivers seat, even though we'd still be two games behind NY (playing them next week).

We're not all that good, but given the division this year, we really have just as good of a shot as anyone. The Giants game is a absolute must win, Cowboys game is pretty much one too. I don't think we have any chance of getting the wild card, because I don't think we'll run the table... but I think if we finished 9-7 (assuming we beat NY), we'd be almost a lock to win the division.

That said, I think its a total coin flip Thursday.

JoeRedskin 11-20-2012 01:38 PM

Yes. It is a ton of "if's" and we are absolutely not good enough to look past Thursday.

... at the same time, how sweet would it be to be hosting Dallas on the final day of the season, winner gets the division.

Chico23231 11-20-2012 01:40 PM

I thought aceinthehouse was back after seeing this thread title at this point in the year. Gmanc is right, but still think Giants in the driver seat though.