Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Redskins Offensive Line: 2012 Unsung Heroes (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=50437)

HailGreen28 11-23-2012 04:12 PM

Re: Redskins Offensive Line: 2012 Unsung Heroes

[quote=SmootSmack;967287]Chris Chester has been one of the more under-appreciated FA acquisitions of recent years. I remember a few people here lambasting the move. Do they feel the same now?[/quote]Pleasantly surprised how he's doing. Thought he sucked at first.

OL never gets enough credit, unless you're the old Hogs. But I do think our OL is overrated at pass protection. Griffin escapes so many sacks. We run so much, it sets up the play-action nicely. The plays themselves where our guys are actually run-blocking at the LOS, whether RG3 has the option or not, we really sell the playaction with how the line and backs move, more than other teams do. I think the coaches are doing a lot to protect an OL still shaky on pass pro.

Still, OMG at the holes the OL opened up last game. This could be the best OL we've had since the first half of '08.

Chico23231 11-23-2012 04:19 PM

Aikmen was gushing over Monty a couple times yesterday. I thought he had a fine day.

The strange thing is the guy who struggled the most yesterday was the Silverback. He got beat several times.

Hog1 11-23-2012 05:28 PM

Shore up the right side a tad....some quality reserve. It's On!

punch it in 11-23-2012 07:08 PM

I hope so. I love Moss. Not sure what his contract status is or anything. I agree 100 percent though - he is smart enough and talented enough - to make the full transition.

FRPLG 11-23-2012 07:12 PM

[quote=Schneed10;967222]Kyle and Mike have done a terrific job putting together an offensive scheme that can take advantage of the team's talents. This line is not big, but they can move, so we have stretch zone plays that outflank the defense, and a decisive back who is very hard to bring down once he makes the one-cut.

Our WRs are sturdy and willing to block, they're sharp route-runners. And needless to say, RG3 is all that and a bag o' Doritos.

What's amazing is that going into this offseason (which we don't even need to think about yet), do we really need any offensive pieces? Anybody we pick up would seem to be luxury/depth. We can focus almost all of our resources on defense.

Future's so bright.[/quote]
RT. definite need.

punch it in 11-23-2012 07:14 PM

[QUOTE=12thMan;967292]I'm not ready to say we're set at WR, we still need a consistent playmaker in the red zone. We've been getting by well with the talent we have, but I'd still like to see us address the position during off season.

As far as Hank, eh, he's been okay. Nothing to really write home about honestly.[/QUOTE]

With our secondary and RT along with depth at oline - we have been extremely fortunate with the health of the oline this year - i would like to see us roll with what we have and hope Hank can become that red zone target. Would rather address the secondary and RT. The caphit and lack of a first rounder are going to make it hard to get the redzone target too. Besides as long as we are putting up points like this - who cares.
Yes i agree were lacking that big TE-WR with a knack for finding the endzone from the redzone - but dont believe that piece is as pressing as the others.

That Guy 11-23-2012 07:17 PM

well, ware is going to make anyone look bad, that's just a recipe for a long day.

SmootSmack 11-23-2012 07:31 PM

[quote=FRPLG;967361]RT. definite need.[/quote]

I'm interested to see what Compton brings. Team seems to like him a lot. A few teams tried to sign him to their active roster this year, but Compton stayed here. We rewarded him with a nice bump in salary.

And of course...Jammal Brown!!!!!!

skinsfan69 11-23-2012 07:31 PM

The line has actually played better than I thought they would. We're still in desperate need of a RT. But having RG3 helps those guys a ton in the running game.

artmonkforhallofamein07 11-23-2012 07:51 PM

[quote=punch it in;967362]With our secondary and RT along with depth at oline - we have been extremely fortunate with the health of the oline this year - i would like to see us roll with what we have and hope Hank can become that red zone target. Would rather address the secondary and RT. The caphit and lack of a first rounder are going to make it hard to get the redzone target too. Besides as long as we are putting up points like this - who cares.
Yes i agree were lacking that big TE-WR with a knack for finding the endzone from the redzone - but dont believe that piece is as pressing as the others.[/quote]

Don't we have that in Davis? I would say resigning him is a top priority going into the offseason.

Why are we talkin WRs in the Oline Unsung heroes thread?

Get us a quality RT and those guys are set. Polumbus is good in the run game but lacks the ability to handle top pass rushers.

punch it in 11-23-2012 08:09 PM

[QUOTE=artmonkforhallofamein07;967374]Don't we have that in Davis? I would say resigning him is a top priority going into the offseason.

Why are we talkin WRs in the Oline Unsung heroes thread?

Get us a quality RT and those guys are set. Polumbus is good in the run game but lacks the ability to handle top pass rushers.[/QUOTE]

Davis is small - wouldnt call him a redzone target. I agree though he must be resigned. I was wondering the same thing last nite. Just shifted to wr's. early too. Hey atleast theres no Shanny talk rite?

Hog1 11-23-2012 09:07 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;967370]I'm interested to see what Compton brings. Team seems to like him a lot. A few teams tried to sign him to their active roster this year, but Compton stayed here. We rewarded him with a nice bump in salary.

[B]And of course...Jammal Brown!!!!!![/B][/quote]
Hey.....yo, when he and Patrick Ramsey gel, we're gonna have something.

Bucket 11-23-2012 09:20 PM

Monty is our best lineman when it comes to consistency.. He does a lot of combo blocks and calling out alignment. I voted for him to make the pro bowl

artmonkforhallofamein07 11-23-2012 09:29 PM

[QUOTE=punch it in;967378]Davis is small - wouldnt call him a redzone target. I agree though he must be resigned. I was wondering the same thing last nite. Just shifted to wr's. early too. Hey atleast theres no Shanny talk rite?[/]

Ha. Agreed, can't talk to much about him after beating 2 division rivals within 4 days of each other.

December 3rd is an epic night for the 2012 season.

53Fan 11-23-2012 10:14 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;967370]I'm interested to see what Compton brings. Team seems to like him a lot. A few teams tried to sign him to their active roster this year, but Compton stayed here. We rewarded him with a nice bump in salary.

And of course...Jammal Brown!!!!!![/quote]

I remember Compton being one of 2 or 3 guys I was a little surprised at not making the team. I was happy to see him put on the PS but had somewhat forgotten about him. He just may our guy at RT next year. Sure sounds like they don't want to lose him. It would be nice to be able use our first couple of picks on some quality secondary help. The way you explained the draft it wouldn't be hard for someone to grade higher than Polombus.