Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Another Week...Another Season Ending Injury? (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=50458)

SmootSmack 11-23-2012 03:19 PM

Another Week...Another Season Ending Injury?

Shanahan telling media Keenan Robinson may be done for the year with a pectoral tear

Daseal 11-23-2012 03:47 PM

Re: Another Week...Another Season Ending Injury?

University of TornPec

mooby 11-23-2012 03:58 PM

Man. That sucks. I thought he was quietly having an ok season when he was filling in at MLB.

Chico23231 11-23-2012 04:01 PM

damn...who is next man up? probably need to bring some people in...this is unbelievable. I know injuries are part of the game but damn, we cant catch a break.

NYCskinfan82 11-23-2012 04:53 PM

Yeah KR was looking good when he was out there.

T.O.Killa 11-23-2012 05:14 PM

He was drafted to be a cover LB and they had him covering Whitten on passing downs. I thought he was doing better than Fletcher and Kerrigan in coverage. I wonder if they bring back that guy from preseason that looked good with the bald head.

Gtothearry 11-23-2012 05:28 PM

[QUOTE=T.O.Killa;967350]He was drafted to be a cover LB and they had him covering Whitten on passing downs. I thought he was doing better than Fletcher and Kerrigan in coverage. I wonder if they bring back that guy from preseason that looked good with the bald head.[/QUOTE]

Did his bald head make him look good? LOL .....Bryan Khel he is with the Chiefs.

That Guy 11-23-2012 07:21 PM

more time for zo most likely. sucks, but i don't think it'll hurt us too bad if we're being honest.

Gmanc711 11-23-2012 10:40 PM

With Fletcher having his issues ( I think he suffered a new injury yesterday ), that becomes a pretty big loss here. Defintley going to have to bring someone in.

NC_Skins 11-23-2012 11:16 PM

Defense couldn't be any worse so let's just play with 10.

53Fan 11-23-2012 11:34 PM

Yeah KR has some coverage skills and I expect him to have a pretty good future with the Redskins. I hate to see these young guys who are getting some playing time and valuable experience get hurt and interrupt their progress. Really sucks!

SCRedskinsFan 11-24-2012 08:26 AM

[quote=That Guy;967366]more time for zo most likely. sucks, but i don't think it'll hurt us too bad if we're being honest.[/quote]

What won't hurt too bad? Losing Fletcher? I heard some of that nonsense when Orakpo went down, how did that work out?

Make no mistake, Fletcher being out any extended time will hurt bigtime.

SmootSmack 11-24-2012 08:46 AM

[quote=SCRedskinsFan;967422]What won't hurt too bad? Losing Fletcher? I heard some of that nonsense when Orakpo went down, how did that work out?

Make no mistake, Fletcher being out any extended time will hurt bigtime.[/quote]

He was talking about Robinson

That Guy 11-24-2012 03:04 PM

[quote=SCRedskinsFan;967422]What won't hurt too bad? Losing Fletcher? I heard some of that nonsense when Orakpo went down, how did that work out?

Make no mistake, Fletcher being out any extended time will hurt bigtime.[/quote]

in a thread devoted to k robinson going to IR, why would you think i'd be talking about fletcher? lol.

The Goat 11-24-2012 03:59 PM

Robinson has been good on s teams but pretty bad defensively. Yesterday he tried to lay out Dez near the sideline and Bryant literally smashed Robinson into the ground with his shoulder. Robinson doesn't hit with any force and so far looks to have a low football IQ. Also I think Zoe makes a better OLB than ILB. Long story short we need to add talent/depth at ILB unless we switch back to the 4-3 next season, and then we're probably good for at least a couple years among the front 7.

Dirtbag59 11-24-2012 06:37 PM

Possibly found a team with worse injury luck then us. Houston Texans.

LB - Brian Cushing - Torn ACL - Out for Season
LB - Brooks Reed - Groin - Out 3 to 4 Weeks
LB - Bradie James - Hamstring - Questionable
LB - Tim Dobbins - Shoulder - Doubtful

CRedskinsRule 11-24-2012 06:46 PM

[quote=Dirtbag59;967503]Possibly found a team with worse injury luck then us. Houston Texans.

LB - Brian Cushing - Torn ACL - Out for Season
LB - Brooks Reed - Groin - Out 3 to 4 Weeks
LB - Bradie James - Hamstring - Questionable
LB - Tim Dobbins - Shoulder - Doubtful[/quote]

We need to investigate their strength and conditioning program.

mooby 11-24-2012 07:09 PM

[quote=CRedskinsRule;967507]We need to investigate their strength and conditioning program.[/quote]

We need to investigate every team's strength and conditioning program. Obviously it's a league wide collusion on the part of these strength coaches to get players injured every week.

That Guy 11-24-2012 07:33 PM

well i'm glad it's just a bunch of malicious trainers. for a minute i thought football might be a violent sport.

DynamiteRave 11-24-2012 07:46 PM

[quote=That Guy;967509]well i'm glad it's just a bunch of malicious trainers. for a minute i thought football might be a violent sport.[/quote]

Injuries are expected, but they shouldn't completely decimate your roster. Most of our guys are IRs too.

-- Kentwan Balmer DE (Left Squad)
48 Jordan Bernstine SS (IR)
-- Dorson Boyce FB (IR)
77 Jammal Brown OT (PUP)
94 Adam Carriker DE (IR)
83 Fred Davis TE (IR)
38 Tristan Davis RB (IR)
17 Darius Hanks WR (IR)
29 Roy Helu RB (IR)
-- Tanard Jackson FS (Susp.)
31 Brandon Meriweather SS (IR)
-- Chase Minnifield CB (IR)
95 Chris Neild NT (IR)
98 Brian Orakpo OLB (IR)

If that is just the nature of the sport and not partially a strength and conditioning issue, then I'm shocked. The only other team that has any many injuries as us the Patriots.

Hog1 11-24-2012 08:48 PM

Damn Your Soul to Hell, Mike Shanahan for holding back my My GreatGrandson.......and these other guys....to.
--RG0

VegasSkinsFan 11-24-2012 09:05 PM

Good news is that with the short week we just had at least guys will have a few extra days to get ready. Not sure it offsets the damage done of 2 games in 5 days but at least it's something.

SCRedskinsFan 11-24-2012 09:30 PM

[quote=DynamiteRave;967512]Injuries are expected, but they shouldn't completely decimate your roster. Most of our guys are IRs too.

-- Dorson Boyce FB (IR)
77 Jammal Brown OT (PUP)
94 Adam Carriker DE (IR)
83 Fred Davis TE (IR)
38 Tristan Davis RB (IR)
17 Darius Hanks WR (IR)
29 Roy Helu RB (IR)
95 Chris Neild NT (IR)
98 Brian Orakpo OLB (IR)

If that is just the nature of the sport and not partially a strength and conditioning issue, then I'm shocked. The only other team that has any many injuries as us the Patriots.[/quote]

:bdh:

DynamiteRave 11-24-2012 09:50 PM

[quote=Hog1;967518]Damn Your Soul to Hell, [B]Mike Shanahan[/B] for holding back my My GreatGrandson.......and these other guys....to.
--RG0[/quote]

You forgot to blame Kyle too!

punch it in 11-24-2012 11:01 PM

[QUOTE=DynamiteRave;967512]Injuries are expected, but they shouldn't completely decimate your roster. Most of our guys are IRs too.

-- Dorson Boyce FB (IR)
77 Jammal Brown OT (PUP)
94 Adam Carriker DE (IR)
83 Fred Davis TE (IR)
38 Tristan Davis RB (IR)
17 Darius Hanks WR (IR)
29 Roy Helu RB (IR)
95 Chris Neild NT (IR)
98 Brian Orakpo OLB (IR)

If that is just the nature of the sport and not partially a strength and conditioning issue, then I'm shocked. The only other team that has any many injuries as us the Patriots.[/QUOTE]

Five of those guys literally mean absolutely nothing to us. When i saw this thread i was like wtf? Robinson. Ehhh. We good.

DynamiteRave 11-24-2012 11:20 PM

[quote=punch it in;967543]Five of those guys literally mean absolutely nothing to us. When i saw this thread i was like wtf? Robinson. Ehhh. We good.[/quote]

Other than Boyce, Balmer and Hanks, I'd say the rest are pretty important. We're stretched thin at safety, considering 3 of them are on IR, our hopeful rookie CB Minnifield, Neild who I was predicting to be a major player this year, 6 starters, a backup in Tristan Davis, since apparently we're running Morris on all 3 downs now instead of Royster.

However you slice it, this many people on IR hurts the team as a whole.

I'm waiting for a season where we won't have to IR more than 5-7 players.

punch it in 11-24-2012 11:38 PM

Im putting davis and brown on the list cus brown has been damaged goids since we signed him. As long as rg-3 morris and TW are healthy were good. :)