Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Redskins Locker Room (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/)
-   -   Wild Card Chances as Fall Back Option (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/50482-wild-card-chances-fall-back-option.html)

mmil12 11-25-2012 04:19 PM

Wild Card Chances as Fall Back Option

So Seattle, Tampa, and the Vikings all lost today making them one game up on us. If the Saints lose to the 49ers today they will in the same group of teams tied. We beat Tampa, the Saints, and the Vikings. We will only be one game out of the wild card and hold several tie breakers. I want to win the division as much as anyone. What do you think it takes to win the wild card...8 games or 9?

Mechanix544 11-25-2012 04:27 PM

Re: Wild Card Chances as Fall Back Option

minimum 9

redskins5044 11-25-2012 04:31 PM

All those loses also help the Cowboys out too.

skinsfaninok 11-25-2012 04:33 PM

Need the saints to lose also. They are our biggest threat IMO

mmil12 11-25-2012 04:33 PM

I look at the cowboys they have to win out which includes beating us in the last game of the season. We control their destiny...

Paintrain 11-25-2012 04:37 PM

We can afford to lose one more game this season if we want to make the playoffs. 9 probably gets in and we've got head to head tiebreakers vs. everyone but Seattle among the likely contenders for the 6 spot. I think we beat the Giants but fall to the Ravens leaving the final 3 games to determine our fate.

mmil12 11-25-2012 04:38 PM

I agree paintrain...

Hog1 11-25-2012 04:49 PM

Sooo......WE'RE IN!!!!

mmil12 11-25-2012 04:53 PM

If we play the way we have the past two weeks I think we have a good shot to get in. We still need the defense to play alittle more consistently, but I do think that is going to happen this year. The Rams and Panther losses earlier in the year really hurt right now...

skinsfaninok 11-25-2012 05:37 PM

Vikings play GB twice, Chi and Houston. So I'd say they won't be a threat.

Bucs have falcons, saints and broncos. Those are all probably 3 losses.

Seattle has an easy schedule ahead. Playing 3 division games and SF at home. They also play Chi.

Saints have giants, falcons, boys and bucs left.

artmonkforhallofamein07 11-25-2012 05:40 PM

The Skins have to win out. As the day began they ranked 10 th in the NFC playoff seeding.

With teams 6,7,8 all at 6-4 and the Saints at 5-5. So we were two games back from all of them holding the head to head matchups with all but SEA.

Things have changed a little with TB, Minny, and Sea all losing. But I still think they need to do the improbable to have a chance and run the table. They may be able to back in losing one of the games against the two AFC opponents we have left, but that's not the way we need to get in.

SCRedskinsFan 11-25-2012 05:47 PM

[quote=artmonkforhallofamein07;967632]The Skins have to win out. As the day began they ranked 10 th in the NFC playoff seeding.

With teams 6,7,8 all at 6-4 and the Saints at 5-5. So we were two games back from all of them holding the head to head matchups with all but SEA.

Things have changed a little with TB, Minny, and Sea all losing. But I still think they need to do the improbable to have a chance and run the table. They may be able to back in losing one of the games against the two AFC opponents we have left, but that's not the way we need to get in.[/quote]

I'm not sure a 5-6 team worries a lot about style points to get in the playoffs. We can likely afford to lose one, but it certainly can't be against an NFC East team. And it would help a lot if the Pack gets the job done tonight, obviously.

CRedskinsRule 11-25-2012 09:37 PM

[url=http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/machine]2012 NFL Playoff Machine - Simulate Matchups and Scenarios - ESPN[/url]

Always a fun tool. You can create a scenario where we get in at 8-8 (win division NYG goes free falling)

BUT there are a lot of scenarios where we get in as wildcard or division winner. Ultimately, we have to go 4-1 over the next 5 games, if we do that, we get in, as we hold ALOT of the tiebreakers.

Hope GB comes back.

SFREDSKIN 11-25-2012 09:56 PM

Every game is huge for the skins, they are going to have to earn a playoff spot instead of worrying what other teams do.

Bishop Hammer 11-25-2012 10:10 PM

[quote=Hog1;967624]Sooo......WE'RE IN!!!![/quote]

Not sure if your serious? No way the Skins are winning out. If they beat the Giants Mon then they help themselves, a lot. At this point our guys need to concentrait on their games and hope its enough.

At the very least we can take satisfaction in giving the Rams a low draft pick.