Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Tanard Jackson (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=50588)

RedskinRat 11-30-2012 04:05 PM

Re: Tanard Jackson

[quote=skinsfan69;969315]What about Honey Badger as a mid rounder? I like him at free safety.[/quote]

At 5'9" and 180lbs? No!

EARTHQUAKE2689 11-30-2012 04:25 PM

[quote=RedskinRat;969318]At 5'9" and 180lbs? No![/quote]

Did you watch him at LSU? He can add 15-20 lbs but he would.be better suited at strong safety

Ruhskins 11-30-2012 04:38 PM

[quote=EARTHQUAKE2689;969325]Did you watch him at LSU? He can add 15-20 lbs but he would.be better suited at strong safety[/quote]

We have a bigger need at FS.

CultBrennan59 11-30-2012 04:39 PM

:doh:

apparently you all dont understand that a player who is generously listed at 5-9 179lbs can't just gain 21+lbs of muscle after not playing football for a whole year, as a CB and just become an NFL SS (or FS..which is worse cause you must be able to cover very well if your a FS). IT DOESNT WORK LIKE THAT. You all think he can basically become a Bob Sanders who played SS at 5-8 205-210lbs...He played SS at Iowa, he played 3 straight years in college. Theres your differences.

tryst1540 11-30-2012 05:37 PM

I really do like Jackson, but he's not reliable. We need guys on this team that's committed to football. I don't want any more lazy guys, guys with drug problems, guys who are injury prone, guys who can't stay out of trouble off field, locker room cancers, etc. I want guys who are completely committed to winning and nothing less. If for some reason we do bring him back he must be kept on a very, very short leash. He needs to be test twice a week. If he comes up positive just one time we cut all tides with him. The way I look at this guy really did let down team with his off field behavior.

Chico23231 11-30-2012 05:48 PM

[quote=tryst1540;969359]I really do like Jackson, but he's not reliable. We need guys on this team that's committed to football. I don't want any more lazy guys, guys with drug problems, guys who are injury prone, guys who can't stay out of trouble off field, locker room cancers, etc. I want guys who are completely committed to winning and nothing less. If for some reason we do bring him back he must be kept on a very, very short leash. He needs to be test twice a week. If he comes up positive just one time we cut all tides with him. The way I look at this guy really did let down team with his off field behavior.[/quote]

word up

mlmpetert 11-30-2012 09:32 PM

I really like taking chances on players and giving good players second chances. That said i dont think honeybadger is worth the risk before the 6th round and keeping jackson is a bad idea, without the intentions of replacing him with someone thats actually serviceable and reliably at the saftey position.

I liked honeybadger a lot and think hes finally on the right path for sorting out his life but the dude just seems like hes gonna be way too raw to use a pick on before the 6th, maybe even the 7th.

I liked tanard jackson a lot and even though neither worked out i liked the fact that we took a chance on him and merriweather. I like that were taking chances. Think about how much better our d would be if jackson and merriweather were back there right now. But i saw this a while back and i dont think jackson is going to never be not be an idiot:

[url]http://www.sportscardforum.com/threads/1683144-wow-just-saw-tanard-jackson-(redskins-used-to-be-bucs-)-buy-weed[/url]

RGIII 11-30-2012 10:19 PM

[quote=skinsfan69;969315]What about Honey Badger as a mid rounder? I like him at free safety.[/quote]

Mathieu, Tanard, Trent, and Fred; what's the difference between either of them? None of them can be trusted really.

Defensewins 11-30-2012 10:24 PM

Tanard is playing for the vet minimum or close to it. Give him one more chance, we have nothing to lose. I think the redskins have every intention of giving him another chance. I believe next year is our last year of Salary cap penalty hell. Tanard would be a cheap solution to FS position and we can spend on other needs.

44Deezel 11-30-2012 10:42 PM

If Jackson and Meriweather play this year and if Orakpo and Kerriker don't go down for the season, how good is the Defense? Is Haslett still considered the worst D Coordinator ever?

Hog1 11-30-2012 11:00 PM

[quote=RGIII;969411]Mathieu, Tanard, Trent, and Fred; what's the difference between either of them? None of them can be trusted really.[/quote]
Time will tell......
Everybody deserves a second chance. Multiple chances.....maybe not

53Fan 12-01-2012 12:14 AM

I remember Shanahan talking about Jackson and how much he liked him. This was after the suspension was handed down and Mike said he was disappointed because he really liked the guy and I remember thinking he would probably give this guy another chance if he could. I think he looks to find someone else but it would'nt surprise me to see Mike keep him in the mix.

EARTHQUAKE2689 12-01-2012 12:49 AM

[quote=Ruhskins;969330]We have a bigger need at FS.[/quote]

I think we have a big need at either safety. Mathieu would help extremely. David Amerson to play CB or FS Eric Reid in the 2nd round, Mathieu for SS/CB in the 3

CultBrennan59 12-01-2012 01:57 AM

[quote=EARTHQUAKE2689;969434]I think we have a big need at either safety. Mathieu would help extremely. David Amerson to play CB or FS Eric Reid in the 2nd round, Mathieu for SS/CB in the 3[/quote]

I don't see
A) how we get all 3 of those players

B) why you think Reid is going in the second

C) why you would take mathieu in the 3rd.

D) Why you want amerson..that dudes been abused by opposing QBs this year.

Evilgrin 12-01-2012 09:46 AM

[quote=44Deezel;969415]If Jackson and Meriweather play this year and if Orakpo and Kerriker don't go down for the season, how good is the Defense? Is Haslett still considered the worst D Coordinator ever?[/quote]

Not above 20th, still need more parts, esp with Fletch aging.