Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Cowboys DT charged with Intoxicated Manslaughter (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=50730)

CRedskinsRule 12-08-2012 04:51 PM

Cowboys DT charged with Intoxicated Manslaughter

Wow.

[url=http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/cowboys-nose-tackle-josh-price-brent-charged-vehicular-201129974--nfl.html]Cowboys nose tackle Joshua Brent charged with intoxication manslaughter | Shutdown Corner - Yahoo! Sports[/url]

Dallas Practice Squad player Jerry Brown dies, starting NT Josh Brent charged, after flipping their car while driving drunk.

Brown had a child on the way.

Just too sad for words. Brent had had earlier drinking issues as well.

Defensewins 12-08-2012 05:03 PM

Re: Cowboys DT charged with Intoxicated Manslaughter

[quote=CRedskinsRule;972327]Wow.

[url=http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/cowboys-nose-tackle-josh-price-brent-charged-vehicular-201129974--nfl.html]Cowboys nose tackle Joshua Brent charged with intoxication manslaughter | Shutdown Corner - Yahoo! Sports[/url]

Dallas Practice Squad player Jerry Brown dies, [B]starting NT Josh Brent charged[/B], after flipping their car while driving drunk.

Brown had a child on the way.

Just too sad for words. Brent had had earlier drinking issues as well.[/quote]

Is Jay Ratliff the starting NT injured? Last time I checked he is the starter.

CRedskinsRule 12-08-2012 05:16 PM

[quote=Defensewins;972329]Is Jay Ratliff the starting NT injured? Last time I checked he is the starter.[/quote]

from the article:
With starting nose tackle Jay Ratliff battling injuries throughout the season, Brent has started five of 12 games and played in over 41 percent of the Cowboys' defensive snaps, setting career-highs with 22 tackles and 1.5 sacks.

But really, that's what you took from the post?

Chico23231 12-08-2012 05:39 PM

thoughts and prayers. very tragic

Gmanc711 12-08-2012 05:47 PM

So stupid. Don't see how these guys don't call a cab... or if god forbid you're driving when you shouldn't be at least don't drive wrecklessly. Terrible all around.

Ruhskins 12-08-2012 06:03 PM

[quote=Gmanc711;972337]So stupid. [B]Don't see how these guys don't call a cab[/B]... or if god forbid you're driving when you shouldn't be at least don't drive wrecklessly. Terrible all around.[/quote]

It's not like they are hurting for money. If you have money to drink, you probably have money for a cab.

mooby 12-08-2012 06:10 PM

[quote=Ruhskins;972338]It's not like they are hurting for money. If you have money to drink, you probably have money for a cab.[/quote]

It's simple enough, and yet still hard to understand why players don't do it. Not only that, I think the NFL has a program for players so they don't even have to pay for a cab if they are intoxicated. If that isn't the case, it's still a shame. And I still believe even though this happened, nothing will change. Players will still drink and drive, and life will go on. Either way this is a tragedy all around. R.I.P. Jerry Brown.

12thMan 12-08-2012 06:44 PM

Don't take this explanation the wrong way, but..

These guys have been in controlled environments for most of the teen and adult lives. People telling them when time to go to sleep and what time to get up and what time to leave. How much to workout, what to eat, etc.

I guess what I'm saying is when they're out socializing, clubbing, etc., it's the one moment when they're in control and have say over what they're doing. So calling a cab, which is the reasonable, sensible and adult thing to do, I kind of get the mind sight that says, I can drive. At least let me do this one thing. To be clear, not calling a cab when you've been out partying and handing the keys over is gross negligence and irresponsible on many levels.

SmootSmack 12-08-2012 06:49 PM

[quote=Ruhskins;972338]It's not like they are hurting for money. If you have money to drink, you probably have money for a cab.[/quote]

It's worse than you think. The NFL used to have a special service where players could anonymously call and say they were in no condition to drive and a private car service would take them home or back to the hotel for free.

Players got nervous since the NFL ran it the owners would find out and so they basically had the NFLPA take over the service. The NFLPA basically let the service fade away

Chico23231 12-08-2012 06:55 PM

read on a Dallas blog this is Brent second arrest for DUI, one being in college. he appeared to be another Jerry low character pick in the supplemental draft. typical Dallas.

EARTHQUAKE2689 12-08-2012 07:00 PM

Were they both drunk or just Brent. Seriously, how ****ing stupid can you be?

BaltimoreSkins 12-08-2012 07:12 PM

Tragic and avoidable.

Mechanix544 12-08-2012 07:17 PM

Oh well. Just another idiot that thinks his actions don't affect others, until they do. Lock him up and throw away the key. Killed an innocent guy (albeit one who should have known not to get into the car with a drunk driver). Sad, but you will have idiots aplenty in a sport with these types of guys.

So it goes.

Chico23231 12-08-2012 07:26 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;972343]It's worse than you think. The NFL used to have a special service where players could anonymously call and say they were in no condition to drive and a private car service would take them home or back to the hotel for free.

Players got nervous since the NFL ran it the owners would find out and so they basically had the NFLPA take over the service. The NFLPA basically let the service fade away[/quote]

oh wow. effing stupid move by NFLPA. Really really dumb. smh

NC_Skins 12-08-2012 07:38 PM

[quote=Chico23231;972344]read on a Dallas blog this is Brent second arrest for DUI, one being in college. he appeared to be another Jerry low character pick in the supplemental draft. typical Dallas.[/quote]

We can't say much. Look how many of our guys have tested positive for drugs over the past 2 years. At least we don't have this kind of crap going on.