Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Cowboys DT charged with Intoxicated Manslaughter (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=50730)

RGIII 12-08-2012 08:21 PM

Re: Cowboys DT charged with Intoxicated Manslaughter

My condolences to his family and friends.

I just can't help but think that this will fuel DALs playoff run #BrownStrong

mbedner3420 12-08-2012 08:35 PM

[quote=Chico23231;972351]oh wow. effing stupid move by NFLPA. Really really dumb. smh[/quote]

Honestly, that's one way to help out the players and they failed massively. Terrible terrible news...

Schneed10 12-08-2012 09:55 PM

Mamas don't let your babies grow up to be Cowboys. Because God hates them and makes them dead.

There, that ought to stir the pot!

That Guy 12-08-2012 10:26 PM

3rd strike, and this time someone died. sad.

ArtMonkDrillz 12-08-2012 11:59 PM

Very sad indeed

Zerohero 12-09-2012 02:41 AM

It's getting to the point where they need to start putting breathalyzer ignitions in everyone's vehicles, not even joking. So sad.

hagams 12-09-2012 06:10 AM

I'm really sorry to say this, but DUI/DWI is a huge problem in our country. Grown men see the MADD ads on T.V. but don't think they apply to them. Very sad, and very preventable.

calia 12-09-2012 10:44 AM

So, two murders by NFL players in successive weeks. There will be some real soul searching by the league on how to address player safety off the field, I will wager. I wouldn't be surprised if each team hires someone who acts as something of a social worker, intervening when there are suspected off the field problems on behalf of the team an the league. These guys are adults and are supposed to act like it, and most do. But when guys fall off the rails, they tend to do so in spectacular fashion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

artmonkforhallofamein07 12-09-2012 10:58 AM

[quote=SmootSmack;972343]It's worse than you think. The NFL used to have a special service where players could anonymously call and say they were in no condition to drive and a private car service would take them home or back to the hotel for free.

Players got nervous since the NFL ran it the owners would find out and so they basically had the NFLPA take over the service. The NFLPA basically let the service fade away[/quote]

So these reports that the players have the number on the back of their nflpa card are false SS? I have heard it on ESPN and another article I read that the players can call the service and be taken anywhere in the US.

Regardless, awful decision makin by the young guys and terrible sad that the man driving actually spent time in prison for this while in college. If that doesn't work than maybe killing a man an going back to jail will smarten him up.

Guys, I also want to say this, I am not a guy who drinks an drives. I never have and never plan on it. I don't make a ton as a living, but it was something my parents taught me as a child. My mom and dad always told me even as a teenager that I should call them before getting into a car with a drunk driver. I rode with a friend once who was way to drunk to drive and it was one of the scariest things I have ever done.

MTK 12-09-2012 11:05 AM

The league is just a microcosm of society in general. These guys aren't above doing stupid things just like the rest of us.

SmootSmack 12-09-2012 11:06 AM

It exists just not as effectively promoted to the players as it once was I'll bet a lot od players don't even know about it

53Fan 12-09-2012 11:19 AM

[quote=Mattyk;972404]The league is just a microcosm of society in general. These guys aren't above doing stupid things just like the rest of us.[/quote]

This. It's sad of course. We hear about it because he's a professional football player. Unfortunately families we hear nothing about go through this all the time. I don't drink but I do go out with people who do. I'm always happy to be the DD because I'd hate to see something like this happen to a friend...or anyone for that matter. Unfortunately people don't always think ahead. If you know you're going to be drinking...set up a ride before hand if possible. If not...call a cab.

BigHairedAristocrat 12-09-2012 12:00 PM

[quote=mooby;972340]It's simple enough, and yet still hard to understand why players don't do it. Not only that, I think [B]the NFL has a program for players so they don't even have to pay for a cab if they are intoxicated[/B]. If that isn't the case, it's still a shame. And I still believe even though this happened, nothing will change. Players will still drink and drive, and life will go on. Either way this is a tragedy all around. R.I.P. Jerry Brown.[/quote]

They still have the program. I know if there was a program like that for average citizens, I'd take advantage of it. Players NEED to take advantage of it. Why they don't us beyond me.

Part of me thinks every car should have a breathalyzer connected to the ignition as a standard feature. Drinking and driving is an epidemic. Every Friday or Saturday night, I'm surrounded by drivers who've obviously been drinking. Most drunk drivers don't get caught, but it's an epidemic in our society. Hopefully this tragedy will garner enough national attention to raise awareness and make people who drink and drive rethink their decisions.

Chico23231 12-09-2012 12:03 PM

[quote=BigHairedAristocrat;972422]They still have the program. [B]I know if there was a program like that for average citizens, I'd take advantage of it.[/B] Players NEED to take advantage of it. Why they don't us beyond me.[/quote]

For sure, id probably be out a lil more. I lived in the city for 10 years before buying my house. Id walk to spots, and a cab ride was only like $10. Ride to suburbs more like $45 now. If it was free that would be great.

Schneed10 12-09-2012 12:17 PM

[quote=Mattyk;972404]The league is just a microcosm of society in general. These guys aren't above doing stupid things just like the rest of us.[/quote]

Very true. But those of us who don't make such stupid decisions can look down their noses at those who do, NFL players or otherwise. Driving drunk is f'ing retarded and you deserve your fate if you do it.

I'm not directing this at you, Matty. I just hate stupid people.