Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Redskins Locker Room (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/)
-   -   Do we have Smari or not (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/5081-do-we-have-smari-or-not.html)

WRedskins04 03-03-2005 10:23 PM

Do we have Smari or not

have we signed him or is it just a rumor

ST21 03-03-2005 10:29 PM

Re: Do we have Smari or not

hope so.........................

KLHJ2 03-03-2005 10:30 PM

well I hope not because I'd rather see smoot come back

bigm29 03-03-2005 10:35 PM

hope not, the redskins need continuity. We need to resign smoot, plus rolle will cost more anyway and he is 2 years older. Maybe he has more talent but he is not a redskin. Why are the redskins targeting rolle when he will likely cost more then smoot. Isnt that why we havent resigned smoot yet. It doesnt make any sense

Funbunchfan 03-03-2005 10:41 PM

[QUOTE=bigm29]hope not, the redskins need continuity. We need to resign smoot, plus rolle will cost more anyway and he is 2 years older. Maybe he has more talent but he is not a redskin[/QUOTE]REDICULOUS!!!!!!!!! Rolle knows G Ws d better than smmot ever will and is way more talented IMHO

BigSKINBauer 03-03-2005 10:49 PM

i said that earlier!!! rolle is actual continuity and the skins aren't dumb they are paying more for an outside player with off field issues? it is because he is much much much better and big G G G G G G G G G G G GEEEEE DOUBLE U knows it!!

KLHJ2 03-03-2005 11:00 PM

[QUOTE=BigSKINBauer]i said that earlier!!! rolle is actual continuity and the skins aren't dumb they are paying more for an outside player with off field issues? it is because he is much much much better and big G G G G G G G G G G G GEEEEE DOUBLE U knows it!![/QUOTE]

Please Rolle is Rolloing past his prime and Smoot is about to come into his. Give him another year in Gregs D and his play will be as goo as Rolle's once was.

Big C 03-03-2005 11:13 PM

id rather know that we signed someone than say well id rather not have rolle right now and MAYBE get smoot. if this is a rumor, than we all well know that we might not get any CB that is good...hopefully its true that we got him. we need someone.

wolfeskins 03-04-2005 12:22 AM

[QUOTE=angryssg]Please Rolle is Rolloing past his prime and Smoot is about to come into his. Give him another year in Gregs D and his play will be as goo as Rolle's once was.

so your saying that a corners' prime is the ages of 26 and 27 ? smoot is 26 , rolle is 28.

Mattyk 03-04-2005 12:28 AM

I don't understand why some are so against Rolle. The guy is a very good cover corner, one of the better ones in the league, and yes he is better than Smoot.

I love Smoot just like everyone else, but Rolle is the better corner, Williams knows him very well, and I won't be the least bit sad if we sign him over Smoot.

As for age thing he's younger than Springs, I don't remember hearing anyone grumbling about how old Springs was last year.

jrocx69 03-04-2005 01:32 AM

i would rather get smoot back, but you dont need continuity when you are a cb. lb, yes, safety, yes, dline, yes, but our cbs our left to dry on the opposite side of the field. who are they gonna be in continuity with? the only thing i can immagine is a safety, but thats more of knowing your playbook then continuity. so this continuity thing doesnt mean sheeeeot to cbs. they are the furthest players apart on the field. so i say, if we dont get smoot, we should make a move for rolle and quick. i have a feeling the chiefs would snag him much faster than a aging law.

SmootSmack 03-04-2005 01:32 AM

It's all fun and games for most of you here. But step back for a moment and think about the people this possible signing affects most. That's right I'm talking about....me!

Here I am possibly living my last days as Smootsmack. I could wake up tomorrow and find out that I'm no longer the person I thought I'd forever be when I joined the Warpath. I'd like for Smoot to stay, but more than anything I'd just like for something to be decided so I can begin the next chapter of my Warpath life.

Woah is me...

I wouldn't mind Rolle here but I don't think there really is a need for big name guys on defense. If not Smoot, I'd be happy with Harris/Wilds

skinsfanthru&thru 03-04-2005 01:38 AM

[QUOTE=smootsmack]It's all fun and games for most of you here. But step back for a moment and think about the people this possible signing affects most. That's right I'm talking about....me!

Here I am possibly living my last days as Smootsmack. I could wake up tomorrow and find out that I'm no longer the person I thought I'd forever be when I joined the Warpath. I'd like for Smoot to stay, but more than anything I'd just like for something to be decided so I can begin the next chapter of my Warpath life.

Woah is me...[/QUOTE]

It's gonna be okay SS cuz like it goes in Joe Montana's jam "the sun will come out tommorow.." :thumb:

Redskins8588 03-04-2005 01:42 AM

[QUOTE=smootsmack]
I wouldn't mind Rolle here but I don't think there really is a need for big name guys on defense. If not Smoot, I'd be happy with Harris/Wilds[/QUOTE]

I agree with you on this too, I would be just as happy with Harris or Wilds. Remember also that we drafted one of the best safties last year in Taylor, who would be able to help out in coverage if needed.