Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Lets talk football (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=5109)

KLHJ2 03-05-2005 12:11 AM

Lets talk football

Am I the only one who doesnt feel like going to bed, cant go out tonight because his wife wont let him, and feels like talking to skins fans while drowning his sorrows? I cant be. Get your collective asses onto the forum and start talking football!

mooby 03-05-2005 12:17 AM

Re: Lets talk football

ok sure. im bored. i don't feel like going to bed either. what do you want to talk about. do i have to use forum jump to go back to the main page.? thats the only way i see we can go back.

KLHJ2 03-05-2005 12:24 AM

I dont know. I usualy just click on new posts.

mooby 03-05-2005 12:24 AM

alright what do you want to talk about now.

KLHJ2 03-05-2005 12:27 AM

The disloyalty of Antonio Pierce!

mooby 03-05-2005 12:48 AM

okay. i am pissed at ap. he talks about being a core redskin then he ditches the team for the first offer that comes his way. core my ass. i thought he would be the first to resign. i hope he sucks in new york next year and they drop his ass and bring him back to earth. he knew the redskins couldn't match an offer like that so he decided to join free agency.

rome108 03-05-2005 01:06 AM

[QUOTE=mooby] i hope he sucks in new york next year and they drop his ass and bring him back to earth.[/QUOTE]

I think he will suck next year, he is a product of the system IMO (like a Trotter). But hey, everybody deserves a big payday, so let him do what he's got to do. I have confidence that G Williams defense will be a top 10 defense no matter what, it's the o that concerns me. I still say no matter what WR, o-lineman, etc, you bring in, it will all rest on Ramsey, he's gotta drive the bus this year and I think he will.

Just throwin Redskin stuff out there:

Favorite redskin of all time? Got 3: D. Green, Gary Clark and Brian Mitchell. I was so friggin happy Mitchell retired a Skin.

KLHJ2 03-05-2005 02:05 AM

couldnt agree more

jrocx69 03-05-2005 03:37 AM

how can sonny j or art monk not be on any skins top 3 list? is it possible? sammy baugh, john riggins, dave butz, charles mann, billy kilmer, ricky sanders, etc.

1. DG BABY
2. SONNY J
3. ART MONK

MR GREEN GETS THE NOD BECAUSE HE WAS IN MY ERA AND STARTED/ FINISHED AS A SKIN

rome108 03-05-2005 04:35 AM

[QUOTE=jrocx69]MR GREEN GETS THE NOD BECAUSE HE WAS IN MY ERA AND STARTED/ FINISHED AS A SKIN[/QUOTE]

Remember one of DG greatest sprints that never made it to the highlight reals? It was Spurrier's first year and it was a sunday nighter against the colts. Manning threw what looked like an int to DG on the tv (but the refs caught that it had bounced off the turf). anyways, so DG looks like he intercepts it and just totally takes off. I mean, he moved so fast out of the tv screen that the camera guy couldn't keep up. What makes the play standout even more though is that everyone on the field seemed to freeze or go in slow motion except for DG and Manning. Manning had 20 yards and the angle and he still couldn't catch DG. DG just shot right by Manning and Manning looked like a tired old grandma. Hilarious. Greatest play that never made the cut, I loved it. I think we had Mannings number that night, cuz if I recall correctly, I think we won that game.

Anyways, your right, without a doubt, Darrell Green - the Best.

That Guy 03-05-2005 06:19 AM

DG and art monk, how can anyone not include them? DG also holds the record for most consecutive seasons with one franchise in all of pro sports i believe... talk about a redskin for life.

MTK 03-05-2005 11:14 AM

Getting pissed at Pierce is pretty silly. He played the free agent game and got a nice offer from the Giants, he gave the Skins a chance to match and they chose not to. What exactly did he do wrong?? Is he supposed to turn down a bigger offer and stay with the Skins? I understand being upset at the situation, but being upset at Pierce is a waste of time.

EEich 03-05-2005 11:21 AM

I disagree that Anmtonio was disloyal.
In fact, I argue that the Redskins were disloyal to him.
He had a monster year last year, yet the Redskins expected to keep him and not pay him what he was worth on the open market.
Pierce proved his loyalty by offering the Redskins the chance to match.

MTK 03-05-2005 11:25 AM

I don't even hate the team in this instance.

They are approaching the offseason in a way we haven't seen in a long time. They're showing financial restraint and keeping an eye on the cap down the road. They obviously had a price in mind for Pierce, they couldn't work something out before free agency started so they decided to let him determine his worth in the open market.

When his value was higher than what the team had in mind, they chose to stick with their plan and let him go.

We can't have it both ways guys. On one hand we don't want to see the team slip into financial ruin with the cap, and on the other we want to re-sign all our own guys and pursue every big name free agent that's out there with no regard to the price tag.

As for Pierce being disloyal, he went above and beyond what a typical player does nowadays. He was not obligated to let the Skins match, but he stuck to his word. That's more than we could ask a player to do.

mooby 03-05-2005 11:27 AM

alright. im over the pierce discussion. he's gone and he's not coming back. too bad. we will still be good without him (even though im kinda doubtful about lemar marshall). i hope the redskins just don't let smoot go. they have plenty of cap space. they aren't interested in signing anyone else. why not just resign him.

CROOKEDSKINS 03-05-2005 12:21 PM

rember ap took less last year to stay with us.he could have
gone to the vikes for 3 years

offiss 03-05-2005 01:23 PM

I have no prob from either side Pierce gave us everything he had, plus this wasen't a greed move Pierce has played for basically minimum wage in the NFL for his entire carreer this is his first big pay day can't fault that, I also believe we will replace him without a major problem, now I have to start replying to my giant buddies who are all firing e-mail's at me, I have to let them know how much Pierce was a product of William's system and that they abundantly overpaid for him, and that his backup is better.

I go at it pretty good sometimes with my fellow skin's fan's, you have to see the firework's when I start in on the Giant fan's! Time to go and make someone's day! :biggthump :headbange

MTK 03-05-2005 01:36 PM

Pierce will remain a quality player in my opinion. He's smart and has a great work ethic, he'll be fine in NY.

mooby 03-05-2005 01:39 PM

well its official lavernues coles is now a new york jet. i hope santana moss goes to the pro bowl next year.

That Guy 03-05-2005 04:55 PM

gibbs basically said he didnt think it was fair to springs to offer smoot a better contract than the 10$ deal he got last year since smoot hasn't played as well (disregarding market forces almosts entirely) and that he thought they offered pierce enough so that he would stay as he had talked about in the papers but when pierce got a new agent in the middle of contract talks, that may have signalled the end... i'm sort of shoving words in his mouth from what was implied in the press conference, but it seems to make sense.

monk81 03-06-2005 07:06 PM

At first I also was pissed at Pierce....until I read where both Pierce and the Redskins were BOTH coming from.........Well they couldn't work out a compromise deal........so we lost him. I'm more pissed at Coles because we took a huge cap hit because he decided not to repay his $5 bonus back ..................
GRRRRRRRRRR :mad:

TheMalcolmConnection 03-06-2005 07:26 PM

Oh well... I liked Coles but this whole situation left a bad taste in my mouth. I'm pumped about Moss and I think he will be a great addition.

Anyone think we MIGHT have some SPEED at the WR position? :)

Redskins8588 03-07-2005 12:58 AM

I think that with Moss, we will still see those WR screens that we ran last year with Coles. But the difference is that with Moss they will work. I belive this because of Moss's punt returning ability. If you think about it the first 10 yards are the most important yards on a punt return. If you can get through the first wave of defenders in that 10 yards you pretty much only then have to out run the kicker and maybe a defender coming accross the field at an angle.

When we run the WR screens it is almost like a punt return, the QB tosses the ball to a WR who is pretty much all by himself until his blockers get set up. Then, that is where Moss punt return ability is second nature to him.

Where with Coles he wasnt use to those situations, he was more accustom to running deep routs where he could build up his speed to out run the defender. I guess what I am getting at is that Coles more fast than quick, and Moss is more quick than fast.