Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Is there room for Orakpo and Rob Jackson? (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=51186)

12thMan 01-05-2013 12:59 PM

Re: Is there room for Orakpo and Rob Jackson?

Funny, every year we all think Fletch has ONE more year left and comes back and puts up Pro Bowl numbers.

DCtoAZ 01-05-2013 05:18 PM

there is room for them both .. that's what depth is all about .. Orakpo is coming back from a few seasons of injuries .. maybe he's a guy who doesn't play every down or whatever .. Jackson/Orakpo combo sounds nice and Kerrigan just keeps getting hungrier the closer we get to playoffs .. the whole team does .. even watching B Mitch on comcast, i swear to god he's ready to knock someones head off for the past 5 weeks. I love him as sportscaster.

mooby 01-05-2013 05:56 PM

[quote=12thMan;983747]To be clear, I'm not on some let's trash Orakpo trip. Not at all.[/quote]

I'm not either but I understand what you're saying. Orakpo is a good pass rusher, and his bull rush is effective, but I feel that's his only move, and if the tackle he's going up against is good against it then he's pretty limited. It's better than nothing but I feel the elite rushers have a wide array of moves they can use to get past the tackle, i.e. the bullrush, the rip, the club, spin move, etc.

Skins4L 01-05-2013 11:14 PM

[quote=12thMan;983903]Funny, every year we all think Fletch has ONE more year left and comes back and puts up Pro Bowl numbers.[/quote]

Dude i wish Fletch was a machine but as far as keeping Rob Jax its a good case, people said the same thing about Ray Lewis then boom its just over.

skins89moss 01-06-2013 04:50 AM

We keep both Rob J. and Brian Orakpo next season. We sign Rob to a 3 year deal and Rak is still under contract. Rak has to prove he can stay healthy a full season. Rak has to be looking at the way Rob J. has played and needs to step us his game for next season. We need good back ups at the OLB positions. The Redskins will keep Jackson he has shown us his value to the team.

rypper11 01-06-2013 02:54 PM

I know it's been said before but Jackson and Rak are such different types of players it's hard to compare. I do think Rak is the better every down player between the two and is better at sealing the corner and stopping the run. He also gets held a lot more and as the defense improves he'll get more of those calls. The two do such different things. IMO, a defense with both is much better and if Haslett comes back he should come up with good ways to use both.
As for affording both, unless the year finishes with a SB victory and Jackson gets a couple picks while winning the SB MVP causing the Raiders to throw $6 million a season at him, my guess is he'll re-sign before FA starts.