Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Proposing via HD boards? (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=51209)

Pigskins 01-05-2013 12:54 AM

Proposing via HD boards?

Anyone ever seen someone propose on the HD boards at FedEx? Planning a proposal and wished I would have done it at last weeks game, but what the hell a playoff game works. Anyone know if this is even possible or who I would call? I know it's late, but I figure its worth a shot, btw my gf is a huge fan and would love it

hooskins 01-05-2013 12:55 AM

Start googling asap buddy. Not much time left.

Pigskins 01-05-2013 12:57 AM

Re: Proposing via HD boards?

I emailed every link I could find and tweeted some skins players, I know it's last minute but I'm a spur of the moment person anyway.

Dirtbag59 01-05-2013 01:09 AM

Is she a big football fan? Did you meet at a game or a Super Bowl party or something? Sorry maybe its unfair but all the proposals I've seen footage of at sport games go horribly wrong. Most of the comments I've read in such videos seem to suggest that women want something a little more intimate when you pop the question. They don't mind if people are there like friends, family, violinist, etc but they don't want tens of thousands of other people to be there, especially if God forbid the answer is no.

It's awesome (stupid) that you want to get married. It's a great (awful) decision and I'm sure whenever you do decide to pop the question you'll start a long and happy (miserable) life with your SO. Marriage is a great journey (that leads straight to hell). You'll never be happier (WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR RUN GET OUT NOW WHILE YOU CAN).

Pigskins 01-05-2013 01:11 AM

Lol nah we've talked about it and she would be stoked to be asked in the video board, I understand its gonna be nuts with 90 thousand people on you but it's def something she will be happy about and say yes, we have a 6 month old son and have lived together for 2 years, basically just waiting for me to ask so we can take the plunge

Dirtbag59 01-05-2013 01:16 AM

[quote=Pigskins;983824]Lol nah we've talked about it and she would be stoked to be asked in the video board, I understand its gonna be nuts with 90 thousand people on you but it's def something she will be happy about and say yes, we have a 6 month old son and have lived together for 2 years, basically just waiting for me to ask so we can take the plunge[/quote]

Fair enough. In that case, especially if you talked about it and she's expressed interest in that, then by all means go for it. Just figured I'd be the debbie downer that list the worst case scenario. You've obviously done your homework unlike the guy who proposes to the girl that hates sports and had something completely different in mind.

Though I did give some pretty solid advice in that second paragraph if I do say so myself (yeah you did, by the way why isn't he running yet?).

Lotus 01-05-2013 01:17 AM

I'm with Dirtbag on this one. Proposing at the game is really a guy thing, not a girl thing. Take her to where you had your first date. Take her to her special place. But 999 times out of 1,000, proposing at the game falls flat.

Besides, you likely would have had to have talked with the Fedex folks weeks ago.

Good luck.

NC_Skins 01-05-2013 01:23 AM

Don't do it buddy. Listen to these fellows. Make it something special for her, and something between you and her. (or family)

DynamiteRave 01-05-2013 01:25 AM

As much as I love the Redskins, I'd be mortified being asked in front of 90,000 people. But then again, I'm an introvert.

For me bigger isn't necessarily better.

(I mean that in the cleanest way possible)

Dirtbag59 01-05-2013 02:05 AM

[quote=NC_Skins;983828]Don't do it buddy. Listen to these fellows. [/quote]

Fixed it.

Pigskins 01-05-2013 02:12 AM

Lol I understand the concern, but this is def something she would want, if anyone knows who to call let me know!!!

NC_Skins 01-05-2013 03:42 AM

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

ArtMonkDrillz 01-05-2013 06:47 AM

Damn guys, way to crap all over Pigskin! If he feels like he knows his lady and what she'd like then why not go for it?!?!

Pigskin, my only idea is to maybe PM SmootSmack to see if he happens to know anyone who works for the team's operations department. Good luck!

RGIII 01-05-2013 07:45 AM

[quote=DynamiteRave;983829]As much as I love the Redskins, I'd be mortified being asked in front of 90,000 people. But then again, I'm an introvert.

For me bigger isn't necessarily better.

(I mean that in the cleanest way possible)[/quote]
Hi. I'm John, an ISTJ.

SmootSmack 01-05-2013 08:17 AM

Call the FedEx stadium offices 301-276-6000.

You can also email Mike Bracken, [email]bracken@redskins.com[/email], he's the Redskins video director. He may know who to talk to you

Either way, it might be too late for tomorrow but give it a shot

Now I'll have to go to the game to see this