Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Parking Lot (http://www.thewarpath.net/parking-lot/)
-   -   F... Comcast (http://www.thewarpath.net/parking-lot/51383-f-comcast.html)

DynamiteRave 01-14-2013 06:06 PM

F... Comcast

And other large monopolies.

Comcast has the worst customer service ever. Already tried Direct TV and they tried to stick my grandmother with an extra $200 charge, and we were stuck with a dish on the top of our house for awhile since no one would come take it down.

Now there's an issue with the DVRs, someone has to come out and there's a service charge for them to come out to check their equipment.

In this area there's really no other options for Cable TV.

Lame.

Ruhskins 01-14-2013 06:15 PM

Re: F... Comcast

Verizon FiOS? I have yet to have an issue with them.

DynamiteRave 01-14-2013 06:18 PM

[quote=Ruhskins;988625]Verizon FiOS? I have yet to have an issue with them.[/quote]

Not available in my area.

I guess my area is still a little too low-income.

los panda 01-14-2013 06:35 PM

i hate them all, too. burn in hell.

i don't have cable tv right now, but i have verizon internet for $25/month, no complaints there.
they don't have comcast out here, the other big dog is time warner cable.

mredskins 01-14-2013 09:52 PM

[QUOTE=Ruhskins;988625]Verizon FiOS? I have yet to have an issue with them.[/QUOTE]

X2 but i had a small problem once and it was literally the worst customer service i ever received. They basically said we are not coming out to fix your problem but we be happy to come take out the whole system if you like and cancel your subscription. I just said whatever; they know no one wants to go back to Comcast.

The issue is if you watch on demand and stop it it doesn't restart where you stopped it. Drives me crazy.

mlmpetert 01-14-2013 10:06 PM

[quote=los panda;988635] but i have verizon internet for $25/month, [/quote]

I cant tell you how jealous that makes me.

skinsfaninok 01-14-2013 10:16 PM

Directv ****ed me over a little but I stick with them because I have to have the ticket

ArtMonkDrillz 01-14-2013 10:17 PM

[quote=Ruhskins;988625]Verizon FiOS? I have yet to have an issue with them.[/quote]Honestly, I housesitted (is that even a word?) for my sister last month and she has FiOS - it seriously made me appreciate my Comcast even more. FiOS OnDemand is a joke and it would cost me a ton more to get the same service in my apartment compared to what Comcast charges.

Having said that, they're all a huge rip off.

Mattyk 01-15-2013 08:45 AM

Time Warner blows.

I've had good luck with DirecTV though since switching years ago. No major complaints from me.

FRPLG 01-15-2013 09:19 AM

[quote=DynamiteRave;988623]Already tried Direct TV and they tried to stick my grandmother with an extra $200 charge, and we were stuck with a dish on the top of our house for awhile since no one would come take it down.[/quote]

Satellite uses a different business model. You own the stuff. That Dish on the roof is yours...DirecTV doesn't give a damn about it. I've had really good luck with them. The only one that I have ever not had any issues with.

Chico23231 01-15-2013 09:20 AM

Hey question for Direct TV users, do yall have the internet service with them?

I like to bundle my service to save, I have Comcast with both the internet and cable...is it worth my time to look into Direct TV for both services?

Thanks

Daseal 01-15-2013 09:34 AM

[quote=ArtMonkDrillz;988669]Honestly, I housesitted (is that even a word?) for my sister last month and she has FiOS - it seriously made me appreciate my Comcast even more. FiOS OnDemand is a joke and it would cost me a ton more to get the same service in my apartment compared to what Comcast charges.

Having said that, they're all a huge rip off.[/quote]

I've had the exact opposite reaction. FiOS has a clearer picture (less compression), an on demand menu from the 2000s rather than the clunky 1980s interface Comcast has, found the internet to be significantly more reliable and quicker. I really hate Comcast with a passion.

mredskins 01-15-2013 10:40 AM

[quote=Mattyk;988708]Time Warner blows.

I've had good luck with DirecTV though since switching years ago. No major complaints from me.[/quote]

I have had all the major players; Fios, Comcast and D-TV.

I have to say if you have a clear signal D-TV is the best. Best picture, best interactive channel guide, and best channel selection.

FIOS is basically the same as Comcast internet wise and TV wise the only difference for me is FIOS actually stays on and works where Comcast was out at least 2 or 3 times a month.

The only reason I have FIOS over DTV is that in my current home has a poor reception for the dish. when I lived in NOVA it never went out or very rarely. I swear they send a more powerful signal to higher population areas.

Mattyk 01-15-2013 10:42 AM

[quote=Chico23231;988715]Hey question for Direct TV users, do yall have the internet service with them?

I like to bundle my service to save, I have Comcast with both the internet and cable...is it worth my time to look into Direct TV for both services?

Thanks[/quote]

I use Time Warner for my phone/internet.

At the time when DirecTV hooked me up they didn't have internet service in my area, and I heard it sucks anyway.