Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Parking Lot (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   So....How Are the Baltimore Fans??? (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=51693)

skinsguy 02-05-2013 09:23 AM

So....How Are the Baltimore Fans???

Not sure if this belongs upstairs or not, but I was wondering...since a lot of you guys live in or near "Ravens" territory, are they being obnoxious enough for you? These are the things I have heard so far:

1. Joe Flacco is now an "elite" quarterback
2. Watching Ray Lewis win a Super Bowl as his last game was God's gift to all of us NFL fans...
3. One fan said his wife fixed a "Thanksgiving Day" turkey meal to give thanks to the Ravens for winning a Super Bowl.
4. It was destiny - the 49ers had no chance at winning...
5. It was so great for Jacoby Jones to give homage to Ray Lewis by doing his weird dance in the end zone....

I'm sure one day (soon) we will be just as obnoxious, and in a way, I guess I don't blame the Ravens fans for being on cloud nine....at the same time, and maybe it's just a bit of jealous on my part, I'm thinking Ravens fans are going to be pretty hard to deal with next year. I'm glad our two teams don't meet up next season - at least not until the Super Bowl, but I can only imagine how it must be if you live close to the Baltimore area being a fan of a different team.

JoeRedskin 02-05-2013 09:55 AM

Re: So....How Are the Baltimore Fans???

Happy for the city of Baltimore but:

1) The fans are beyond smug. No one else had any chance, the refs were against them, the NFL was against them, the haters were against them, and they won anyway.

2) Please, please, please go away Ray.

3) It's going to suck being a Skin's fan around here.

ArtMonkDrillz 02-05-2013 09:57 AM

Well, the guy who sits in the cubical across from me showed up on "purple" Friday with purple hair and ray lewis-style face paint, so I knew I was in trouble.

So far this week hasn't been too bad, but that's mainly because of the fact that a bunch of people took off yesterday and today for the parade. I've pretty much avoided facebook because of all the jackass comments. Basically I'm doing my best to avoid talking about it as much as possible because all it does is piss me off.

firstdown 02-05-2013 10:14 AM

[quote=JoeRedskin;993097]Happy for the city of Baltimore but:

1) The fans are beyond smug. No one else had any chance, [B]the refs were against them, the NFL was against them, the haters were against them, and they won anyway.[/B]

2) Please, please, please go away Ray.

3) It's going to suck being a Skin's fan around here.[/quote]

That sounds like post I read here.

CRedskinsRule 02-05-2013 10:36 AM

[quote=JoeRedskin;993097]Happy for the city of Baltimore but:

1) The fans are beyond smug. No one else had any chance, the refs were against them, the NFL was against them, the haters were against them, and they won anyway.

[B]2) Please, please, please go away Ray.[/B]

3) It's going to suck being a Skin's fan around here.[/quote]

You know that event today is going to be a RayLoveFest. Most everything else, hey fans are excited and love the fact that their team won it all. I get that, but the unfathomable depth of RayLove is just sickening.

skinsfaninok 02-05-2013 10:40 AM

I'm lucky because I live in Dallas country and they suck so I really don't have to hear anything.. Denver is popular here to but not as much and most of those fans are bandwagon fans.

BigHairedAristocrat 02-05-2013 10:45 AM

I continue to be baffled by the love for a player who was involved in a double murder. There is no reason Lewis would have paid large settlements to the families if he wasnt involved in some way that he doesnt want to become public knowledge. Further, hes obnoxious enough to talk ad nauseaum about having God's support. I'm beyond tired of him.

skinsfaninok 02-05-2013 10:52 AM

[QUOTE=BigHairedAristocrat;993110]I continue to be baffled by the love for a player who was involved in a double murder. There is no reason Lewis would have paid large settlements to the families if he wasnt involved in some way that he doesnt want to become public knowledge. Further, hes obnoxious enough to talk ad nauseaum about having God's support. I'm beyond tired of him.[/QUOTE]

Great player but I agree I'm.ready for him to go

skinsfaninok 02-05-2013 10:54 AM

So when there's a parade does anyone in the city work? Lol

firstdown 02-05-2013 10:55 AM

If I see Ray I just change the channel because I'm tired of hearing him saying "MY". Not sure is worse hearing him talk about god or him talking about "My Team" .

BaltimoreSkins 02-05-2013 10:59 AM

Their fans are like the players, a bunch of bullies whether they win or lose.

ArtMonkDrillz 02-05-2013 11:56 AM

[quote=BaltimoreSkins;993118]Their fans are like the players, a bunch of [B]bullies [/B]whether they win or lose.[/quote]I would have gone with a different B word.

Alvin Walton 02-05-2013 12:27 PM

Ravens and their fans can kiss my lily white pooper.

skinsguy 02-05-2013 12:38 PM

[quote=BaltimoreSkins;993118]Their fans are like the players, a bunch of bullies whether they win or lose.[/quote]

I've always associated the Ravens with having a "thug" mentality. It's funny how you get impressions of certain teams. Some teams I find easier to root for than others. Teams that I can't stand right now along with the Ravens are the Seahawks, Patriots, The Bucs, and certainly the teams in our division. The Raiders used to be on that list, but I thought we got retribution when the 'skins beat them the next year after that '83 Super Bowl loss. Now, I just find them kind of sad.

Ruhskins 02-05-2013 01:02 PM

[quote=BigHairedAristocrat;993110]I continue to be baffled by the love for a player who was involved in a double murder. There is no reason Lewis would have paid large settlements to the families if he wasnt involved in some way that he doesnt want to become public knowledge. Further, hes obnoxious enough to talk ad nauseaum about having God's support. I'm beyond tired of him.[/quote]

Well you love a sport that has paid at least two known murderers, a possible rapist, a serial dog abuser, and a guy involved in a fight the left another person paralyzed. Are you going to stop following the NFL?

mredskins 02-05-2013 01:03 PM

I just came into work and quickly congratulated all of them. no one really bothered. They probably feel like I did after the Sox finally won it in 2004; great but nothing really changed in my life.

I think people build it up in their heads as the be all end all of utopia if their favorite team would just win their championship and when they day is done unless you bet on them not much has changed in your life.

If the Skins win one I will be happy but will I go around talking crap. For what? I personally did nothing to help them other then cheer. Usually you will find the a$$hole fans really don't have much going on in life thus their team winning is all they got; which quit honestly is sad.

SBXVII 02-05-2013 02:02 PM

Honestly don't care about the Ravens but darn glad the 49ers lost. Really don't want Carlos to get a ring before the Skins do so it can be rubbed in his face for leaving the team for more money. lol.

SBXVII 02-05-2013 02:06 PM

[quote=mredskins;993150]I just came into work and quickly congratulated all of them. no one really bothered. They probably feel like I did after the Sox finally won it in 2004; great but nothing really changed in my life.

I think people build it up in their heads as the be all end all of utopia if their favorite team would just win their championship and when they day is done unless you bet on them not much has changed in your life.

If the Skins win one I will be happy but will I go around talking crap. For what? I personally did nothing to help them other then cheer. Usually you will find the a$$hole fans really don't have much going on in life thus their team winning is all they got; which quit honestly is sad.[/quote]

I'm not the A-hole fan but for me it's all about trying to keep up with the Jones's. I would be really bad off if I was an Eagles fan and not having a trophy. The Skins have 3 and I'm hoping the team keeps this ship righted to win a few more to catch up with some other teams; ie: Dallas, 49ers, Patriots, etc. etc.

BigHairedAristocrat 02-05-2013 02:26 PM

[quote=Ruhskins;993148]Well you love a sport that has paid at least two known murderers, a possible rapist, a serial dog abuser, and a guy involved in a fight the left another person paralyzed. Are you going to stop following the NFL?[/quote]

No, and my post never indicated i, or anyone else, should stop watching the sport because of what some of its players have done. Thats like saying you shouldnt watch movies because one movie director raped a child 30 years ago.

My post was questioning how so many people could love the person who was, beyond any doubt, SOMEHOW involved in two murders.

Also, i will say that a person who covered up his involvement in a double murder is infinitely more deplorable than someone who went to prison (and is supposedly reformed) from abusing dogs, someone who may or may not have committed a sexual assault, or someone who accidently was part of a fight that left someone crippled.

Regarding sexual assault, its an incredibly serious crime, but, as a practical matter, is generally hard to prove. often times it comes down to a he said/she said situation. Athletes/Celebrities are more likely to be accused of rape after truly consensual sex the woman just wants to make a quick buck. Without forensic evidence of violent assault or evidence the woman was drugged against her will, you just cant know for sure whether or not a rape was committed.

Murder is the most serious crime imaginable, and its black and white. Some is killed or they arent. Ray Lewis did obstruct justice in a murder case that is still unsolved. He paid off the victims family. The white suit he was wearing that night went missing. We dont know what role he played in the murders, but its beyond obvious that he had some involvement, either in the murders, or a cover-up. Regarldess, he was involved, and the truth still has not come out. Although there may not be sufficient evidience to convict him in a court of law, there is enough circumstansial evidence to convict him in the court of public (atleast mine) opinion.

BigHairedAristocrat 02-05-2013 02:38 PM

[quote=SBXVII;993160]Honestly don't care about the Ravens but darn glad the 49ers lost. Really don't want Carlos to get a ring before the Skins do so it can be rubbed in his face for leaving the team for more money. lol.[/quote]

Yeah, this was a superbowl where i really didnt want either team to win. The game itself ended up being pretty exciting, but overall, it was one of the least compelling superbowls (for me) in recent memory.

skinsfaninok 02-05-2013 02:56 PM

I probably wouldn't talk a whole lot of shit if we won a Superbowl but I'd be extremely happy for a long time lol. I know that sounds weird because I am not on the team and what they do doesn't affect my personal life but after being a true fan since I was a young child I would just be glad to have that championship

mredskins 02-05-2013 04:14 PM

This is a well written article about what it all means or at least the important stuff:

[url=http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/harford/belair/ph-ag-etc-erika-0206-20130204,0,5318519.story]Ravens don't disappoint, even a Harford 3-year-old - baltimoresun.com[/url]

Ruhskins 02-05-2013 04:24 PM

[quote=BigHairedAristocrat;993169]Murder is the most serious crime imaginable, and its black and white. Some is killed or they arent. Ray Lewis did obstruct justice in a murder case that is still unsolved. He paid off the victims family. The white suit he was wearing that night went missing. We dont know what role he played in the murders, but its beyond obvious that he had some involvement, either in the murders, or a cover-up. Regarldess, he was involved, and the truth still has not come out. Although there may not be sufficient evidience to convict him in a court of law, there is enough circumstansial evidence to convict him in the court of public (atleast mine) opinion.[/quote]

I am not referring specifically to you, but I feel that Ray Lewis is convicted in the court of public opinion because of his whole NFL persona. I guess to answer your original question, there are people that still revere Michael Vick (although not as much as Lewis), and I could see myself asking the same question. Ironically enough, I think Vick's career suffered more than those players that actually killed another human being (Little, Stallworth).

Hog1 02-05-2013 05:01 PM

[quote=ArtMonkDrillz;993099]Well, [B]the guy who sits in the cubical across from me showed up on "purple" Friday with purple hair and ray lewis-style face paint[/B], so I knew I was in trouble.

So far this week hasn't been too bad, but that's mainly because of the fact that a bunch of people took off yesterday and today for the parade. I've pretty much avoided facebook because of all the jackass comments. Basically I'm doing my best to avoid talking about it as much as possible because all it does is piss me off.[/quote]

Well.....on a positive note, perhaps you could execute a double murder of your purple friend and another, erstwhile Ravens fan?
If you could......successfully petition for a change of venue for your trial to DC....I can see you walking away
Who could blame you for your actions?
.....Check with Joe for confirmation, but I feel pretty good about your chances

DynamiteRave 02-05-2013 08:40 PM

I've seen some stuff here and there but not too much. I was in Owings Mills (a stones throw away from Baltimore) yesterday and there wasn't too much going on. I do see a whole lot more Ravens stuff though since Sunday night.

Facebook has been rather quiet too thankfully. Everyone went crazy on Sunday and have since, sort of died down.

I've been happily surprised.

Still hate them though.