Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Debating with the enemy (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   Manhunt for ex-LA cop suspected of shooting 3 cops and killing 2 others (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=51721)

NC_Skins 02-07-2013 03:05 PM

Manhunt for ex-LA cop suspected of shooting 3 cops and killing 2 others

[url=http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/07/us/lapd-attacks/index.html?hpt=hp_t1]Ex-cop wages 'war' against former colleagues - CNN.com[/url]

This is bizarre to say the least.

[quote]Los Angeles (CNN) -- A former Los Angeles cop who allegedly warned he would target law enforcement in retribution for being fired is now suspected of shooting three officers early Thursday, killing one, authorities said.

The shootings -- which come a day after Irvine, California, police named Christopher Jordan Dorner as the suspect in a double slaying there Sunday -- sparked a huge manhunt in Southern California.[/quote]

There is a twist to this story. His manifesto was released that dealt with massive police corruption within the LAPD. I do mean massive.

[url=http://www.crimefilenews.com/2013/02/fired-lapd-officer-obama-lover-and.html]CRIME, GUNS, AND VIDEOTAPE: Fired LAPD Officer, Obama Lover and Committed Gun Control Advocate is Being Sought In Revenge Killings![/url]

[quote] "Feb 4, 2013 9:14:04 AM Last Resort
To: America
Subj: Last resort
Regarding CF# 07-004281

I know most of you who personally know me are in disbelief to hear from media reports that I am suspected of committing such horrendous murders and have taken drastic and shocking actions in the last couple of days. You are saying to yourself that this is completely out of character of the man you knew who always wore a smile wherever he was seen. I know I will be villified by the LAPD and the media. Unfortunately, this is a necessary evil that I do not enjoy but must partake and complete for substantial change to occur within the LAPD and reclaim my name. The department has not changed since the Rampart and Rodney King days. It has gotten worse. The consent decree should never have been lifted. The only thing that has evolved from the consent decree is those officers involved in the Rampart scandal and Rodney King incidents have since promoted to supervisor, commanders, and command staff, and executive positions.

The question is, what would you do to clear your name?[/quote]

These are the kinds of things that happen when you keep suppressing corruption instead of nipping it in the bud. Revenge. He's already killed the daughter and fiancee of the person he had the biggest complaint against and he's not done.

edit: what led to his initial firing was him exposing a fellow officer for police brutality.

[url=http://gma.yahoo.com/ex-la-cop-sought-shootings-3-cops-2-101603335--abc-news-topstories.html]Christopher Dorner Manhunt: Former LAPD Officer Attempted to Flee Country Before Allegedly Shooting Cops - Yahoo![/url]

[quote] According to documents from a court of appeals hearing in October 2011, Dorner was fired from the LAPD after he made a complaint against his field-training officer, Sgt. Teresa Evans, saying in the course of an arrest she had kicked a suspect who was a schizophrenic with severe dementia.

After an investigation, Dorner was fired for making false statements. [/quote]

NC_Skins 02-07-2013 03:10 PM

Re: Manhunt for ex-LA cop suspected of shooting 3 cops and killing 2 others

[url=http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2013/02/torrance-shootings.html]Police shoot two in Torrance in search for ex-LAPD cop - latimes.com[/url]

What the hell is wrong with these cops? Shooting unarmed citizens because you "think" that's the suspect. Get these dickheads off the street and disarm them ASAP.

Chico23231 02-07-2013 07:12 PM

LAPD is corrupt. Its a horrible thing, but these institutions sow their seeds.

itvnetop 02-08-2013 12:11 AM

This story is like a movie, if this guy was Jason Bourne gone bad. The manifesto is compelling, yet downright creepy.

hooskins 02-08-2013 09:10 AM

I am not doubting any accusations coming from this guy but killing isn't the right way to address your concerns.

Also think the LAPD doesn't need to shoot random suspects but they've been doing that since day one. They view this as a war and will act in that way

JoeRedskin 02-12-2013 03:21 PM

1. I find the amount of credibility given to a murderer appalling;

2. The man is a coward and a despicable human being for targeting the family members of those he blames;

3. The LAPD is an imperfect government agency staffed by honorable and dishonorable, competent and incompetent people. As such, it differs only in degree from every other government agency in existence;

4. Any officer discharging their weapons at civilians should be immediately suspended from the force pending a revocation hearing.

Nothing, nothing, nothing justifies this man's actions. This is a warped individual who clearly has a warped view of right and wrong - to give credence to his "word" is to give credence to his warped view.

JoeRedskin 02-12-2013 03:32 PM

[quote=Chico23231;993626]LAPD is corrupt. Its a horrible thing, but these institutions sow their seeds.[/quote]

The LAPD has had a history of corruption. It is, however, wrong (to me) to assume that this individual is anything but selective in his version of events:

[quote]"This is my last resort. The LAPD has suppressed the truth and it has now lead to deadly consequences," the letter said.

Beck, the current LAPD chief, said that the internal affairs case that Dorner spent much of the letter focusing on had been treated fairly through the police department's review board.

"That case was thoroughly adjudicated.[B] It went through several levels of review up to the point where even a civilian representative listened to the entirety of the case. [/B]You will find Dorner's statements to be self-serving and the statements of somebody who was extremely unhappy in his lot in life," Beck said. [/quote]

And, of course, the Riverside, CA must also be corrupt as he had no compuction to rolling up and start shooting them.

[quote]The police chief of nearby Riverside, Calif., also dismissed the writings after Dorner allegedly shot and killed a Riverside police officer in the early hours of Thursday morning. Dorner pulled up across from two Riverside officers stopped at a traffic light in their patrol car and used his rifle to shoot them, killing one and injuring the other, according to Chief Sergio Diaz of the Riverside Police Department.

"The manifesto speaks for itself in terms of a depraved and cowardly mind and heart, and the way he ambushed your public servants speaks for itself," Diaz said.[/quote]

[url=http://abcnews.go.com/US/los-angeles-cops-chris-dorners-manifesto-speaks/story?id=18434105]Los Angeles Cops Say Chris Dorner's Manifesto 'Speaks for Itself' - ABC News[/url]

itvnetop 02-12-2013 11:51 PM

[URL="http://thelede.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/02/12/live-video-of-christopher-dorner-manhunt/"]Updates- Is it over?[/URL]

NC_Skins 02-13-2013 01:11 PM

[quote=JoeRedskin;994072]1. I find the amount of credibility given to a murderer appalling;

3. The LAPD is an imperfect government agency staffed by honorable and dishonorable, competent and incompetent people. As such, it differs only in degree from every other government agency in existence;[/quote]

O'rly?

[url=http://www.eurweb.com/2013/02/ex-la-cop-brian-bentley-on-dorner-manifesto-not-only-do-i-believe-it-but-i-lived-it/]Ex-LA Cop Brian Bentley on Dorner Manifesto: ‘Not Only do I Believe it, but I Lived it’ | EURweb[/url]

JoeRedskin 02-13-2013 02:36 PM

[quote=NC_Skins;994124]O'rly?[/quote]

Really.

[quote]"For somebody like Chris, he was the type of person that without him having a badge, without him having that job, title of police officer, I really don't think he would exist without it," Williams said.

Williams says [B]Dorner fabricated stories, and that's the reason why the judge involved in his disciplinary hearings dismissed him from the department. He saw right through his stories[/B], Williams said.

"He did not like that," Williams said. "He sort of got mouthy with the judge and the judge was like, 'You're not going to come in here and tell me how to run my courtroom even though you're a cop. You think I'm going to automatically take your side.'"[/quote]

[url=http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?id=8986405]Chris Dorner ex-girlfriend speaks out, describes him as 'paranoid' | abc13.com[/url]

firstdown 02-13-2013 02:38 PM

[quote=NC_Skins;994124]O'rly?

[URL="http://www.eurweb.com/2013/02/ex-la-cop-brian-bentley-on-dorner-manifesto-not-only-do-i-believe-it-but-i-lived-it/"]Ex-LA Cop Brian Bentley on Dorner Manifesto: ‘Not Only do I Believe it, but I Lived it’ | EURweb[/URL][/quote]

I love these people who craw out from under a rock after something happens. If he is man enough to come now why not when this happened?

JoeRedskin 02-13-2013 02:46 PM

[quote=firstdown;994135]I love these people who craw out from under a rock after something happens. If he is man enough to come now why not when this happened?[/quote]

Well, in fairness, Bently wrote a book about the LAPD's endemic racism [I]while he was still on the force.[/I] Pretty significant way to man up on the matter.

JoeRedskin 02-13-2013 02:54 PM

Also, Bentley has been off the force for 14 years. While I am certain it has not completed a 100% about face, Bentley's evidence is stale.

What is clear is that Dorner is, and was, a paranoid mental case who created a world in which he was a super-hero and all who disagreed with him, or simply failed to agree with him, were the enemy. While there may some kernels of truth somewhere in his ramblings, anything Dorner says or alleges is simply not worth the manifesto it's printed on.

JoeRedskin 02-13-2013 03:14 PM

Much of the corruption and problems from the LAPD stem from the CRASH Rampart scandal and its aftermath.

[url]http://www.lacp.org/2006-Articles-Main/071506-Rampart%20Reconsidered%20Executive%20Summary.pdf[/url]

JoeRedskin 02-13-2013 03:44 PM

As a result of the Rampart Scandal the LAPD entered into a Consent Decree in Federal Court. In 2009, the Federal Judge released the LAPD from the Decree:

[quote]Declaring that the Los Angeles Police Department has reformed itself significantly after decades of corruption and brutality complaints, a U.S. judge on Friday ended a long-running period of federal oversight.

U.S. District Court Judge Gary A. Feess terminated the consent decree federal officials had imposed on the LAPD in 2001, after the Rampart corruption scandal. The decree required the department to undertake dozens of wide-ranging reforms meant to tighten internal checks on officers' conduct and subjected the department to rigorous audits by a monitor who reported to Feess.

"When the decree was entered, LAPD was a troubled department whose reputation had been severely damaged by a series of crises," Feess wrote in his ruling released early Friday evening. "In 2008, as noted by the monitor, 'LAPD has become the national and international policing standard for activities that range from audits to handling of the mentally ill to many aspects of training to risk assessment of police officers and more.' "[/quote]

[url=http://articles.latimes.com/2009/jul/18/local/me-consent-decree18]U.S. judge ends federal oversight of the LAPD - Los Angeles Times[/url]

Again, I am not alleging or asserting that the LAPD is not without fault. Clearly, it is still in need of reform:

[quote]One of the outstanding issues is the department's handling of the hundreds of claims of racial profiling levied against officers by minorities each year. As part of the new agreement, the department must press ahead with a plan to outfit all its patrol vehicles with video cameras that will record all traffic and pedestrian stops. In addition, the commission will conduct a series of reports on how police officials investigate and resolve claims of racial profiling.

"We're disappointed by the judge's decision. The department has made substantial progress under Chief Bratton, but there's still too much evidence that skin color makes a difference in who is stopped, questioned and arrested by the LAPD," said Mark Rosenbaum, legal director of the American Civil Liberties Union, Southern California -- the group that had most vocally argued against ending the consent decree.[/quote]

[Same article as above]

My [I]only[/I] point in all this is to express my disappointment at the readiness of people to give credence to the sprawling fantasy world of a murderer in order to assume the worst about police. I am no pollyanna and I have no illusions of police perfection or the existence of corruption. At the same time, law enforcement is a tough and often thankless job - and those who do it deserve nothing less than a fair critique.

Accepting that fair, honest and informed critique is necessary to ensure that our police forces conduct themselves appropriately, it should be obvious to all that Dorner's delusional ramblings were none of these - that this was not immediately recognized is disappointing to me.

itvnetop 02-13-2013 03:53 PM

Not sure how other cities are, but every single one of my black friends that are male have been pulled over at least three times for dwb. This city's minority population (the Latino population is technically about to become majority) has a general distrust of the LAPD.

Alvin Walton 02-13-2013 04:11 PM

Innocent until proven barbecued.

firstdown 02-13-2013 04:14 PM

[quote=JoeRedskin;994136]Well, in fairness, Bently wrote a book about the LAPD's endemic racism [I]while he was still on the force.[/I] Pretty significant way to man up on the matter.[/quote]

My bad should have read the whole thing first.

JoeRedskin 02-13-2013 04:15 PM

[quote=itvnetop;994147]Not sure how other cities are, but every single one of my black friends that are male have been pulled over at least three times for dwb. This city's minority population (the Latino population is technically about to become majority) has a general distrust of the LAPD.[/quote]

Yup. I get that [I]and[/I] it seems, from the reaction to the consent order being lifted in 2009, this is still a concern. The black population's distrust of the Baltimore City PD is just as endemic and, I believe, equally well founded.

As with all things, especially where race and power are concerned, things change slowly. We are still only a generation or two away from a time when overt racism was acceptable to a majority of the US population.

NC_Skins 02-13-2013 04:29 PM

[quote=firstdown;994135]I love these people who craw out from under a rock after something happens. If he is man enough to come now why not when this happened?[/quote]

Jesus H christ FD, did you not even read it? I don't even know why I bother .....I think JR covered the fact he's wrote a book about his events long before this.

itvnetop 02-13-2013 06:12 PM

[quote=Alvin Walton;994148]Innocent until proven barbecued.[/quote]

[YT]0X-WoiJhVY8[/YT]

itvnetop 02-13-2013 06:14 PM

[quote=JoeRedskin;994151]Yup. I get that [I]and[/I] it seems, from the reaction to the consent order being lifted in 2009, this is still a concern. The black population's distrust of the Baltimore City PD is just as endemic and, I believe, equally well founded.

As with all things, especially where race and power are concerned, things change slowly. [B]We are still only a generation or two away from a time when overt racism was acceptable to a majority of the US population[/B].[/quote]

Good observation- agreed.

Daseal 02-14-2013 09:52 AM

[IMG]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-9Xs4YrDzCug/URvKFbQso7I/AAAAAAAATEM/e-4m7OVvzso/w497-h373/tegnpca.png[/IMG]

JoeRedskin 02-14-2013 10:22 AM

^^^^^ Dayummmm ... that's just not right.

firstdown 02-14-2013 10:46 AM

[quote=NC_Skins;994156]Jesus H christ FD, did you not even read it? [B]I don't even know why I bother .[/B]....I think JR covered the fact he's wrote a book about his events long before this.[/quote]

You can use your ignore button and it won't hurt my feelings. Maybe if you read my other post you would see I correct what I said.

NC_Skins 02-15-2013 10:29 AM

[quote=JoeRedskin;994134]Really.

[url=http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?id=8986405]Chris Dorner ex-girlfriend speaks out, describes him as 'paranoid' | abc13.com[/url][/quote]

LOL. You post tripe from a "ex" girlfriend as a character assassination? Wow...lol

No offense JR, but judicial system is just as complicit and crooked as the cops. Judges and lawyers are bought off all the time and to think otherwise is simply being naive. Being paranoid doesn't make you wrong, and who's the say that this girlfriend isn't some lunatic that wants revenge on her ex?

Furthermore, I'm absolutely sick and ****ing tired of every time somebody exposes something, they are "deranged" or "crazy". You know what's crazy? Allowing corrupt cops and lawyers to continue running a corrupt system where the cops can do whatever they want and nothing happen.

Executed. Yet this cop was cleared.

[url=http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/local/los_angeles&id=8811584]Wrongful-death lawsuit filed against LA County Sheriff's Department in fatal shooting | abc7.com[/url]
[YT]lhfPyGOb6eg[/YT]

How many cops were sentenced for this?

[YT]uy_IlJICcGY[/YT]

None.

I believe Dorner more than I do crooked cops and judges, who continue to cover up crimes commited by LA law enforcers.

NC_Skins 02-15-2013 10:31 AM

[quote=firstdown;994235]You can use your ignore button and it won't hurt my feelings. Maybe if you read my other post you would see I correct what I said.[/quote]

Stop being butthurt because I call you out on not reading the article. It's about as bad as Goat giving his thoughts on the game and didn't even seen it yet.

NC_Skins 02-15-2013 10:38 AM

[quote=JoeRedskin;994229]^^^^^ Dayummmm ... that's just not right.[/quote]

You know what else isn't right? The fact those cops set the building on fire and executed him. You can listen to the radio sequence and hear it yourself. That's exactly the kind of shit he was talking about and they proved him right.

JoeRedskin 02-15-2013 03:18 PM

[quote=NC_Skins;994381]LOL. You post tripe from a "ex" girlfriend as a character assassination? Wow...lol

... Being paranoid doesn't make you wrong, and who's the say that this girlfriend isn't some lunatic that wants revenge on her ex?[/quote]

I posted it to show that perhaps, just perhaps, the individual involved was not entirely stable and more than a little delusional. Her statements seem consistent with his rambling, paranoid manifesto and his actions, i.e., rolling up on cops sitting in their car - not LAPD mind you - and opening fire on them [I]after[/I] killing [I]the daughter[/I] of the guy that defended him. Rather than simply dismiss her as a vindictive ex, find me statements, any statements, of someone [I]who knew him[/I] at or near the time of the incidents in question that (1) contradict her characterizations; (2) indictate his actions were completely out character; and/or (3) supports the specific facts presented in his manifesto. I have seen no one, [I]not a single soul who was familiar with him[/I], state that he has been mischaracterized as a delusional, paranoid murderer.

Your inherent prejudices are obvious. You instantly credit the word of a murderer who leaves a twenty page rant but call an ex-girlfriend's allegations "tripe" even though they are facially no more or less credible than his. I found nothing in her statements that seemed overly vindictive or angry - just the statements of a scared ex. Why are her statements instantly discredited by you? Why are they to be accorded so little weight? B/c she is an ex-girlfriend? No, because she disagrees with your perception. Of course, had she blamed the other officers or given a statement in accord with your beliefs, I have no doubt she would have gain instant credibility in your eyes and cited in support of your position. In and of themselves, her statements are proof of nothing, but, in light of Dorner's own words and actions, I find them much more convincing than not of his delusional world view.

As to "being wrong", I do not assert that the LAPD is not still having issues - just as itventop mentioned - at the same time, [I]federal[/I] oversight was removed b/c of the strides made and as observed by independent federal investigators. Is that conclusive? of course not, but it should be seen for what it was - non-LAPD investigators finding actual improvement. Did you read the Rampart Report? the original Consent Decree? or the ruling of Judge Feess?

[quote=NC_Skins;994381]No offense JR, but judicial system is just as complicit and crooked as the cops. Judges and lawyers are bought off all the time and to think otherwise is simply being naive. ...

Furthermore, I'm absolutely sick and ****ing tired of every time somebody exposes something, they are "deranged" or "crazy". You know what's crazy? Allowing corrupt cops and lawyers to continue running a corrupt system where the cops can do whatever they want and nothing happen.

None.[/quote]

You know, I work in the legal system every day. Have done so for over 20 years now. Although I work in the civil side, I have defended Troopers in tort cases from auto-accidents to excessive force matters. In my over 20 years, and as to the hundreds of legislators, lawyers and judges with whom I have worked, there has never been a situation where I witnessed or even suspected corruption. Stupidity, incompetence and individual dishonesty - yup. Is this proof that corruption is non-existent? of course not. It is, to me anyway, proof that it is not as pervasive as some folks tend to think.

As for the anecdotal cases you bring forward, you may be right - they may be just as bad as you suggest. There may, of course, be another side to the story - one which doesn't fit into a 10 minute youtube clip and which you would undoubtedly & instantly discredit b/c it would most likely contradict with your world view that cops are guilty of any and all alleged corruption and evil until their [I]innocence[/I] is proven beyond a reasonable doubt.

I have no idea if police are being sanctioned more or less than they were 10, 20 or 30 years ago. I googled it and didn't see anything that looked like a legitmate comprehensive study on the issue. Everyday, however, their are literally 1000's of interactions between civilians and law enforcement. Undoubtedly, there will be wrongs committed and, equally undoubtedly, police brutality and corruption are real things. However, it does seem to me that, in this day and age of cell phones and videos, the public actions of police are under more scrutiny than they have ever been before. I also know from my professional interactions with police departments and police officers that there are more and more safeguards put in place against the abuse of authority than there were even 10 years ago. To be clear, I consider that a good thing.

[quote=NC_Skins;994381]I believe Dorner more than I do crooked cops and judges, who continue to cover up crimes commited by LA law enforcers.[/quote]

Of course you do - he may be a murderer, but he is a murderer who preaches to your choir so he must be right. To me, based on the entirety of his ramblings and his murderous actions, I find him to be an individual who perceptions are deeply and inherently flawed and, thus, find his words to carry as much weight as the paper on which they are printed and no more.

JoeRedskin 02-15-2013 03:22 PM

[quote=NC_Skins;994385]You know what else isn't right? The fact those cops set the building on fire and executed him. You can listen to the radio sequence and hear it yourself. That's exactly the kind of shit he was talking about and they proved him right.[/quote]

I can't listen at work but will at home. I will reserve comment until then.

NC_Skins 02-15-2013 04:27 PM

[quote=JoeRedskin;994435] Rather than simply dismiss her as a vindictive ex, [/quote]

I didn't dismiss her as a vindictive ex. I simply posed the possibility of her being one.

"[B]and who's the say that this girlfriend isn't some lunatic that wants revenge on her ex?[/B]"

[quote=JoeRedskin;994435]Your inherent prejudices are obvious. You instantly credit the word of a murderer who leaves a twenty page rant but call an ex-girlfriend's allegations "tripe" even though they are facially no more or less credible than his.[/quote]

Considering there has been other cases and other people that back up his claims of corruption(I even posted one), I'll take his word on this subject. Even if he is deranged or crazy, his claims are most likely valid considering what we've seen from the LA police.

[quote=JoeRedskin;994435]In my over 20 years, and as to the hundreds of legislators, lawyers and judges with whom I have worked, there has never been a situation where I witnessed or even suspected corruption. Stupidity, incompetence and individual dishonesty - yup. Is this proof that corruption is non-existent? of course not. It is, to me anyway, proof that it is not as pervasive as some folks tend to think. [/quote]

Really? Which is why even in this small town I live in, I've heard a current campus cop that has been black balled by the force simply because he called out another cop for excessive force? Mind you, this guy pulled the offending officer to the side and did it in private, and STILL that officers superior and fellow buddies backed him. This guy was such a menace on the force that he had claim after claim about abusive force, yet the department kept sweeping it under the rug allowing it to go on. This same guy caught on camera at one of our football games body slamming a student. (he's no longer allowed to ever work football games)

[url=http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=f40_1220984188&comments=1]LiveLeak.com - Police Caught Abusing Fans Who Rushed Field After ECU-WVU Game (comments)[/url]

Yes JR, instead of taking a guy like that off the force, they've covered up for him and continued with the foolish "Thin Blue Line" that cops go by. Don't rat your co-workers out even if they are doing wrong.

I don't know what kind of cases you work, but it's not indicative of reality if you don't think officers and cops lie for one another. Also, do you think they are going to tell YOU (a lawyer) the truth?....lol

[quote=JoeRedskin;994435]Of course you do - he may be a murderer, but he is a murderer who preaches to your choir so he must be right. To me, based on the entirety of his ramblings and his murderous actions, I find him to be an individual who perceptions are deeply and inherently flawed and, thus, find his words to carry as much weight as the paper on which they are printed and no more.[/quote]

No, he preaches something that's been shown over the course of time that's followed a pattern of corruption and even reflected by another man's book. That's our problem with our system, we've passed off everybody that made a claim as some idiot, nutjob or mental case with a agenda. How about maybe they are correct, and we start implementing videos on ALL cops (much like the Atlanta mall cop) to get the true story.

I have no problems with cops, I have a problem where our system continues to cover up the misdeeds of their officers when they are out line instead of correcting them. As far as federal or other law enforcement agencies investigating it? That's a joke. Goes back to that code they follow. Give me a independent investigation from a team that has no ties or follows no unwritten code. Even if the federal investigations are legit, do you actually think cops are going to testify on other cops? About like our government "investigating" the Wall Street banks....LOLOL

firstdown 02-18-2013 10:20 AM

[quote=NC_Skins;994381]LOL. You post tripe from a "ex" girlfriend as a character assassination? Wow...lol

No offense JR, but judicial system is just as complicit and crooked as the cops. Judges and lawyers are bought off all the time and to think otherwise is simply being naive. Being paranoid doesn't make you wrong, and who's the say that this girlfriend isn't some lunatic that wants revenge on her ex?

[URL="http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/local/los_angeles&id=8811584"]Wrongful-death lawsuit filed against LA County Sheriff's Department in fatal shooting | abc7.com[/URL]
[YT]lhfPyGOb6eg[/YT]

[YT]uy_IlJICcGY[/YT]

None.

I believe Dorner more than I do crooked cops and judges, who continue to cover up crimes commited by LA law enforcers.[/quote]

Seems the cop was a good shot.[IMG]http://www.thewarpath.net/images/icons/icon14.gif[/IMG] One less thug off the street.

"Was he armed? Yes. Is the whole story being told now? No. Let's not forget who has already investigated this: Internal Affairs, Office of Independent Review monitoring that. Homicide Bureau. The District Attorney," said Sheriff's Spokesman Steve Whitmore.

NC_Skins 02-18-2013 10:43 AM

[quote=firstdown;994574]Seems the cop was a good shot.[IMG]http://www.thewarpath.net/images/icons/icon14.gif[/IMG] One less thug off the street.

"Was he armed? Yes. Is the whole story being told now? No. Let's not forget who has already investigated this: Internal Affairs, Office of Independent Review monitoring that. Homicide Bureau. The District Attorney," said Sheriff's Spokesman Steve Whitmore.[/quote]

Wrong. They had no finger prints on the gun at all. Secondly, it's clear the guy posed no threat because he was running away, hence he was shot in the back. Two other witnesses were there that say otherwise. Just because they are "cleared" doesn't make them not guilty.

[quote]Segall-Gutierrez says Cuevas' fingerprints were not on the gun the department claims he was carrying, and questions its authenticity.[/quote]

The fact that the officer stands over him after he is down and shoots again makes this a murder. The story doesn't even make sense either. So the cop wants us to believe that this guy pulled a gun on him, but ran away after he pulled the gun? Nobody in their right mind believes that.

[url=http://www.scpr.org/news/2012/09/15/34292/surveillance-video-shows-deputy-shooting-lynwood-m/]Surveillance video shows deputy shooting of Lynwood man | 89.3 KPCC[/url]

Please. FD, have some class man. Calling the guy a thug and shit, yet you have no idea what his record or past is.

CRedskinsRule 02-18-2013 11:53 AM

[quote=JoeRedskin;994435]...

You know, I work in the legal system every day. Have done so for over 20 years now. Although I work in the civil side, I have defended Troopers in tort cases from auto-accidents to excessive force matters. In my over 20 years, and as to the hundreds of legislators, lawyers and judges with whom I have worked, there has never been a situation where I witnessed or even suspected corruption. Stupidity, incompetence and individual dishonesty - yup. Is this proof that corruption is non-existent? of course not. It is, to me anyway, proof that it is not as pervasive as some folks tend to think.
[/quote]

I edited a lot of your stuff out so that I could focus on this statement. Corruption avoids honest workers like the plague. No one is going to give a hint of something unlawful or corrupt in front of you, because you would report it - and they know it. I know you aren't a "goody two shoes" but your ethics are pretty straight forward and no one would begin to bring you into any of those type conversations.

There are more than enough reported cases to say that the fact that it hasn't crossed your path in over 20 years mainly says that those who are carrying it on simply make an effort to exclude you from any involvement, even tangentially.

firstdown 02-18-2013 12:14 PM

[quote=NC_Skins;994577]Wrong. They had no finger prints on the gun at all. Secondly, it's clear the guy posed no threat because he was running away, hence he was shot in the back. Two other witnesses were there that say otherwise. Just because they are "cleared" doesn't make them not guilty.

[B]The fact that the officer stands over him after he is down and shoots again makes this a murder.[/B] The story doesn't even make sense either. So the cop wants us to believe that this guy pulled a gun on him, but ran away after he pulled the gun?[B] Nobody in their right mind believes that.[/B]

[URL="http://www.scpr.org/news/2012/09/15/34292/surveillance-video-shows-deputy-shooting-lynwood-m/"]Surveillance video shows deputy shooting of Lynwood man | 89.3 KPCC[/URL]

Please. FD, have some class man. Calling the guy a thug and shit, yet you have no idea what his record or past is.[/quote]

Well if the cop saw his gun that would be a good reason to shoot him when he is standing over him and would actually support his story.Actually people in their right mind believe what these dumb ass kids do that get them killed everyday. He has a gun running from a cop who was a good shot. THUGGGGGGGGG

CRedskinsRule 02-18-2013 03:16 PM

[quote=firstdown;994586]Well if the cop saw his gun that would be a good reason to shoot him when he is standing over him and would actually support his story.Actually people in their right mind believe what these dumb ass kids do that get them killed everyday. He has a gun running from a cop who was a good shot. THUGGGGGGGGG[/quote]

Is there any possible way you watched that security tape? I don't know all the details, but there are certain things that are clear, one being that the cop was in control of the situation once he was on the ground, and the last shot was excessive. Even if he had his gun near his body, the cop would certainly have been able to dislodge it without another shot, or back away and call for backup. I have to agree with NC_Skins on this one, that last shot should have been enough to bring serious charges down on the officer.

firstdown 02-18-2013 03:58 PM

[quote=CRedskinsRule;994600]Is there any possible way you watched that security tape? I don't know all the details, but there are certain things that are clear, one being that the cop was in control of the situation once he was on the ground, and the last shot was excessive. Even if he had his gun near his body, the cop would certainly have been able to dislodge it without another shot, or back away and call for backup. I have to agree with NC_Skins on this one, that last shot should have been enough to bring serious charges down on the officer.[/quote]

So you can tell me where the gun is at the time he fired the last shot? When your carring a gun and run from the cops at that point you have put yourself in the postion to be shot. That cop has the right then to protect his life and make it home to see his kids grow up.

CRedskinsRule 02-18-2013 04:44 PM

[quote=firstdown;994605]So you can tell me where the gun is at the time he fired the last shot? When your carring a gun and run from the cops at that point you have put yourself in the postion to be shot. That cop has the right then to protect his life and make it home to see his kids grow up.[/quote]

you can tell me he had a gun? I can tell you he is face down on the ground, and severely incapacitated. I can tell you that at the point the first round struck him he was running away, and not threatening the officer directly. I can tell you that as he came up the collapsed figure didn't make significant direct actions to indicate that he had the ability to threaten the officer without the officers ability to react. No, you don't "Put yourself in a position to be shot" when running. That's not the way the law works. If you are in a position to threaten a life with the gun then you put yourself in a position position to be shot, but again, you can tell he was not threatening any close by bystanders.

firstdown 02-18-2013 04:59 PM

[quote=CRedskinsRule;994612]you can tell me he had a gun? I can tell you he is face down on the ground, and severely incapacitated. I can tell you that at the point the first round struck him he was running away, and not threatening the officer directly. I can tell you that as he came up the collapsed figure didn't make significant direct actions to indicate that he had the ability to threaten the officer without the officers ability to react. No, you don't "Put yourself in a position to be shot" when running. That's not the way the law works. If you are in a position to threaten a life with the gun then you put yourself in a position position to be shot, but again, you can tell he was not threatening any close by bystanders.[/quote]

So no one has ever turned anfd fired shots while running. No one has ever been hit then returned fire. You must have the best eyes in the world because what you say is so clear is not clear at all. When a gun is involved all thing are off the shelf. If he had not run and listened to the cop we would not be having this conversation.

CRedskinsRule 02-18-2013 06:21 PM

[quote=firstdown;994615]So no one has ever turned anfd fired shots while running. No one has ever been hit then returned fire. You must have the best eyes in the world because what you say is so clear is not clear at all. When a gun is involved all thing are off the shelf. If he had not run and listened to the cop we would not be having this conversation.[/quote]

You can see the cop firing several shots once he is on the ground, and not in a responding position. I don't really care if some person in past history has turned and fired, this man was not doing that, he is in a full sprint. Keep in mind, no one view shows everything, but still somethings seemed fairly obvious to me.