Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   prediction... (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=5191)

celts32 03-07-2005 09:26 PM

Re: prediction...

A steroid pumping big mouthed WR more interested in his muscular physich than catching footballs...

No thank I will pass, even if he would sign for $6 an hour...

drew54 03-07-2005 10:05 PM

He is suspended for the first four games of this year no matter where he signs. He got caught doing 'roids while he was on IR last year.

SKINSnCANES 03-07-2005 10:26 PM

man David Boston could be on the same level as TO if he stayed straight. He used to dominate us. We could beat the Cards but he would ALWAYS have a field day against us. The guy was a beast. Someone will take a chance on him because if hes on the field he can dominate.

saden1 03-07-2005 10:32 PM

My money says he isn't coming here nor should he get invited to come here. He has more downside than upside.

Dana87 03-07-2005 11:28 PM

[QUOTE=BIGREDSKINFAN63]joe jerivicious is better than boston.why not give him a look?[/QUOTE]

I agree. JJ is a team guy, DB is a me me me guy. No way Coach Gibbs signs him. Joe Jurivicious on the other hand could be a great underneath weapon. :biggthump

Redskins8588 03-07-2005 11:46 PM

[QUOTE=Balmerskinsfan]Please, you can't count a bad season two years ago in FREAKING SAN DIEGO against a reciever. The injury is what's affecting this guy's value, not a bad season as a reciever on the worst team in the league at the time with a terrible QB and no good offensive players AT ALL except for LT. If this guy is healthy and super cheap, there is a chance he could be a steal. That being said, he'd have to be really friggin cheap.[/QUOTE]

You are right about judging a WR on a bad team, he was on one of the worst teams at the time 2 years ago. However, if you look back at when he was on the Chargers he did miss 8 GAMES!! That is half a season because of an injury, then he went to Miami and blew out his knee in a non-contact excersie and missed 16 more games. So in the last 2 years he has only played 8 games out of a possible 32 games. After that he tested positive for STEROIDS. All of this happened in the last 2 years, so to me it does sound as if he had 2 BAD SEASONS!!

In other words, PLEASE DO NOT SIGN HIM!!!!

redwagonskins 03-08-2005 01:33 AM

BTW, Brees was all-pro the following year with no receivers so I don't thin he's the wost Qb (i can think of one of our own that we could nominate for that honor) and Boston not only missed games due to injury but because he was suspended for not showing up to practice.

SkinsnCanes: you're right, this guy could have been a beast like TO but he's too far down the slippery slope now.

Schneed10 03-08-2005 08:18 AM

Anyone who thinks we'll actually sign David Boston is crazy.

Redskins_P 03-08-2005 10:14 AM

Two words: Hell No!

Maybe the Vikings, or Giants might sign him.

skin4Life28 03-08-2005 10:51 AM

Keep this freakin psycho off our team. I swear if he is here I will personally boo this steroid freak at training camp. Mark my words.

SkinsRock 03-08-2005 10:59 AM

David Boston = Perfect fit for the Oakland Raiders, if they hadn't already landed R. Moss.

There is absolutely NO WAY Gibbs would sign this guy.

skinsfanthru&thru 03-08-2005 11:17 AM

don't say never because Gibbs always seemed to have one or 2 guys that had a lot of problems but he was able to somewhat keep them in check and if this guy gets healthy, down to about 225 lbs, and signs somewhat close to the one year vet minimum, I'd say sign him. This probably hinges on whether Williams is there when we select our 1st rounder, but if not signing a healthy, lighter Boston would allow us more freedom to trade down, draft a cb or pass rushing de and fill our leftover holes with solid yet cheaper draft picks. But if signed, at the first sign that he's gonna cause trouble u dump him. No if's and's or but's about it.

That Guy 03-08-2005 12:09 PM

he's old, he'll miss 4 games sminimum and he's a roids junkie... no way gibbs would sign him, his problems go way beyond his ego.

BossHog 03-08-2005 01:24 PM

I said we should give him a look. Maybe he'd be willing to play TE, but he is seemingly a head case. :oink:

skinsfanthru&thru 03-09-2005 07:37 AM

plus didn't he already serve the 4 game suspension? or does a player have to not be on the IR for a suspension to activate?