Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Redskins Locker Room (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/)
-   -   Shanahan: "the most underrated player in the history of the game" (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/51931-shanahan-most-underrated-player-history-game.html)

GTripp0012 02-28-2013 09:00 PM

Shanahan: "the most underrated player in the history of the game"

And he'll probably be available.

[url=http://www.aolnews.com/2008/11/21/mike-shanahan-calls-nnamdi-asomugha-the-most-underrated-player-e/]Mike Shanahan Calls Nnamdi Asomugha the Most Underrated Player Ever[/url]

(Quote is from 2008)

donofriose 02-28-2013 09:08 PM

Re: Shanahan: "the most underrated player in the history of the game"

[quote=GTripp0012;995916]And he'll probably be available.

[url=http://www.aolnews.com/2008/11/21/mike-shanahan-calls-nnamdi-asomugha-the-most-underrated-player-e/]Mike Shanahan Calls Nnamdi Asomugha the Most Underrated Player Ever[/url]

(Quote is from 2008)[/quote]

We have all been wrong before...

Chico23231 02-28-2013 09:13 PM

lot change from 2008 to 2012. Id be suspect of a move to bring him in.

skinsfaninok 02-28-2013 09:19 PM

N A was very very good in Oakland

BigHairedAristocrat 02-28-2013 10:21 PM

Did we get out 18MM in cap space back and I missed the memo? If not, I don't see how we'd sign him

NYCskinfan82 02-28-2013 10:48 PM

I thought we were going with a youth movement.

Bucket 02-28-2013 10:55 PM

Did this need it's own thread? Thought we had a free agents thread?

REDSKINS4ever 03-01-2013 04:43 AM

People shouldn't place too much emphasis on what Mike Shanahan says....isn't this the same guy who said he loved McNabb after things didn't work out? Shanahan has a way of saying things that are positive about others in his profession to try and cloud other peoples perception of what he's saying. Sometimes I don't think Shanahan even knows what he's saying.

Mattyk 03-01-2013 10:04 AM

5 years ago Shanahan had a point.

Now? I'm sure would have a different take.

Evilgrin 03-01-2013 10:41 AM

He was way overrated, but in fairness, by alot of people.

Skinzman 03-01-2013 11:06 AM

[quote=Evilgrin;995984]He was way overrated, but in fairness, by alot of people.[/quote]

There is a difference between being overrated and being misused. The Eagles misused him horribly. Nhamdi is a shut down corner (at least was before joining the eagles), and the eagles had him standing in soft zones.

Could you imagine if a team told Deion Sanders to stand in the flat and wait for a RB or TE to come to your zone? Or to just run straight back 40 yards and cover a deep third of the field? That would have turned Deion from a HOFer to a quality return man.

What Nhamdi was good at was taking the best receiver out of the offense. The eagles had him jumping TE flat patterns when the TE was the third option.

Evilgrin 03-01-2013 11:32 AM

In oakland he saw about 3 balls a game, not he gets a dozen.

Skinzman 03-01-2013 12:43 PM

He got 3 a game at Oakland because people knew better than throw at him in man coverage. They dont throw at him now, they throw at his zone. Because OC's know he struggles in determining which man to shade over to in zone coverage, especially if you send a receiver into and then out of his zone before sending a second receiver to target his zone.

Put him in man to man, and the other team settles for throwing 3 balls to their best receiver. At least that happened during his days in Oakland. Not sure if rotting in Philly the last couple of years killed his confidence or not, as that is huge for CB's.

firstdown 03-01-2013 01:19 PM

You also have to remember that was a comment MS made before the teams played the up comming Sunday. That's how a smart coach talks before to team play each other.

saden1 03-01-2013 05:48 PM

He got burned a lot but you have to think about the scheme Philly has been running the last two years and their lack of safety talent. It has been a pretty dysfunctional defense and I would think playing under those circumstances doesn't bring the best out of people.

Do I think Nnamdi is as good as he was 5 years ago? Not a chance. Do I think he can thrive under the right circumstance? Absolutely. He got burned by RG3 but who hasn't? Especially when a team has a mediocre safeties.