Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Parking Lot (http://www.thewarpath.net/parking-lot/)
-   -   F Daylight Savings Time (http://www.thewarpath.net/parking-lot/52052-f-daylight-savings-time.html)

Dirtbag59 03-10-2013 05:41 PM

F Daylight Savings Time

[IMG]http://t.qkme.me/3si8cs.jpg[/IMG]

Seriously this is crap. We have to move the clocks back for 8 months and only get it to move forward for 4. Am I the only one that sees a problem with this picture?

Originally we were to suppose to move the clocks back in April but our amazing congress decided to move it up.

[quote]But in 2007, Congress adjusted daylight saving time to begin three weeks earlier and end one week later, a move they hoped would help save energy. At the time, they pointed to the fact that longer daylight in the evening hours reduced the need to turn on lights in homes at night.
[/quote]

1% reduction in energy usage, 3% drop in productivity. hmmmmmmmm. Economic recession or Energy savings?

[quote]Matthew Uhles with the Clayton Sleep Institute talks about it. According to the SleepBetter.org, moving the clock ahead one hour each spring inflicts nearly half a billion dollars ($434 million) in total losses on the U.S. economy.

Lost sleep has a cost, studies have shown, that missing hour of sleep has both physiological and psychological effects effects that can lead to an increase in workplace injury, cyberloafing and even heart attacks.
[/quote]

Here's to you congress.....you f****g A-holes.

Mattyk 03-10-2013 05:56 PM

Re: F Daylight Savings Time

F losing an hour off your weekend that's for sure. It's already 6:00 and I'm like WTF, what happened to the day?

Daseal 03-10-2013 06:28 PM

One day that will be rewarded later in the year is no big deal. I'm glad that it won't be dark when I get off work. F Standard time. Daylight savings FTW.

Chico23231 03-10-2013 06:35 PM

[quote=Daseal;997272]One day that will be rewarded later in the year is no big deal. I'm glad that it won't be dark when I get off work. F Standard time. Daylight savings FTW.[/quote]

Im with you. I hate gettin off work and its dark. its depressing. When i get home I like it get outside for awhile walking the dog or running at the track or park.

skinsfaninok 03-10-2013 07:07 PM

Some Like it dark early, some don't. Honestly for me it really doesn't matter that much, I just don't like losing sleep lol

TheMalcolmConnection 03-10-2013 08:15 PM

[quote=Daseal;997272]One day that will be rewarded later in the year is no big deal. I'm glad that it won't be dark when I get off work. F Standard time. Daylight savings FTW.[/quote]

Yup, any studies about the losses with depression like Chico said? SUPER rough getting home in the dark. Makes you not want to do anything.

Alvin Walton 03-10-2013 08:47 PM

We like it.
My wife doesnt have to drive home in the dark and theres more time to get yard work done.
More time outside in the daylight is a good thing.

Mattyk 03-10-2013 10:22 PM

Of course the extra daylight is great, it's today that sucks is all.

firstdown 03-11-2013 11:55 AM

Is one hour of sleep that big of a deal? I love having the extra day light and made use of the extra day light to play some corn hole and have a few beers.

mlmpetert 03-11-2013 04:17 PM

[quote=Daseal;997272]One day that will be rewarded later in the year is no big deal. I'm glad that it won't be dark when I get off work. [B]F Standard time. Daylight savings[/B] FTW.[/quote]

Yep exactly how i feel. DLS365

mlmpetert 03-11-2013 04:20 PM

[quote=Dirtbag59;997261][IMG]http://t.qkme.me/3si8cs.jpg[/IMG]

Seriously this is crap. We have to move the clocks back for 8 months and only get it to move forward for 4. Am I the only one that sees a problem with this picture?

Originally we were to suppose to move the clocks back in April but our amazing congress decided to move it up.

[B]1% reduction in energy usage, 3% drop in productivity. hmmmmmmmm. Economic recession or Energy savings?[/B]

Here's to you congress.....you f****g A-holes.[/quote]

Not sure if the 2 offset percent for percent or dollar for dollar. Id be tempted to put money on a 1% decrease in engery is more than half a billion.

mredskins 03-11-2013 04:23 PM

The hard months for me are May and June when the sun comes up before 6am. Little kids don't read clocks so when the sun is up is time to get up.

firstdown 03-11-2013 04:31 PM

[quote=mredskins;997491]The hard months for me are May and June when the sun comes up before 6am. Little kids don't read clocks so when [B]the sun is up is time to get up[/B].[/quote]

In our new house I'm painting my daughters windows black.

mlmpetert 03-11-2013 04:41 PM

[quote=mredskins;997491]The hard months for me are May and June when the sun comes up before 6am. Little kids don't read clocks so when the sun is up is time to get up.[/quote]

Imagine how horrible it would be if not for DLST. You would be woken up by your little kids a little before 5am. each morning.

Also, something neat i found out last year is that the increaing daylight we experience each year is asymmetrical. I cant remember the exact explaination, but if anyone here gets up early, youll notice the amount of day light increases moreso in the evening then it does in the morning.

I think this is trying to explain it:

[url=http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1029/2003JA010171/abstract]Dawn-dusk asymmetry of geosynchronous magnetopause crossings - Dmitriev - 2004 - Journal of Geophysical Research: Space Physics (1978–2012) - Wiley Online Library[/url]

But i just chalk it up to the fact that Day Man is Fighter of The Night Man.

skinsfaninok 03-11-2013 05:12 PM

[QUOTE=mredskins;997491]The hard months for me are May and June when the sun comes up before 6am. Little kids don't read clocks so when the sun is up is time to get up.[/QUOTE]

Exactly