Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Official Redskins Off-Season News & Rumors-Part Trois (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=52496)

MTK 04-23-2013 09:45 AM

Re: Official Redskins Off-Season News & Rumors-Part Trois

[quote=skinsfaninok;1004816]R u not fully sold on ALF ? Or r u meaning just add a hybrid rb?[/quote]

3rd down back/effective change of pace from Morris.

Helu can't stay healthy and Royster so far is a flop.

NC_Skins 04-23-2013 09:51 AM

[quote=The Goat;1004832]Oh shit! Is this his story at Redskins Park and do we know if they're trying to mentor him?[/quote]

Why do you act as if these guys are high school kids? These guys are grown adults. If they need "mentoring" at this stage in their life, chances are they are too stupid to be playing football and don't deserve to play in the NFL.

artmonkforhallofamein07 04-23-2013 10:00 AM

[quote=NC_Skins;1004868]Why do you act as if these guys are high school kids? These guys are grown adults. If they need "mentoring" at this stage in their life, chances are they are too stupid to be playing football and don't deserve to play in the NFL.[/quote]

I think that's a bit harsh NC career professionals in all kinds of industries have mentoring programs for newcomers and advancement employees.

As far as Hank goes, if he is lazy being around guys like fletch, III, and the hardworking leaders of our team, then I do not think a mentor would help him because honestly they are all around him.

EARTHQUAKE2689 04-23-2013 10:14 AM

[quote=artmonkforhallofamein07;1004873]I think that's a bit harsh NC career professionals in all kinds of industries have mentoring programs for newcomers and advancement employees.

As far as Hank goes, if he is lazy being around guys like fletch, III, and the hardworking leaders of our team, then I do not think a mentor would help him because honestly they are all around him.[/quote]

Thats not harsh, you are who you are. These arent kids they are grown Men and shouldnt need a babysitter.

Monkeydad 04-23-2013 10:14 AM

[quote=NC_Skins;1004868]Why do you act as if these guys are high school kids? These guys are grown adults. If they need "mentoring" at this stage in their life, chances are they are too stupid to be playing football and don't deserve to play in the NFL.[/quote]

Exhibit A:

[url]http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/52496-official-redskins-off-season-news-rumors-3.html#post1004727[/url]

Chico23231 04-23-2013 01:26 PM

Are we gonna sign anymore Free Agents?

Monkeydad 04-23-2013 01:30 PM

Possibly Quentin Jammer.

The Goat 04-23-2013 01:51 PM

I guess it's me admitting that in my early/mid twenties maturity wasn't my strong suit, and these guys are rich and famous to boot making good choices even more difficult.

...in fact, thank God I didn't get rich young it would have ruined me. Can you imagine how big an asshole I'd be today??

mredskins 04-23-2013 01:54 PM

[quote=The Goat;1004908]I guess it's me admitting that [B]in my early/mid twenties maturity wasn't my strong suit[/B], and these guys are rich and famous to boot making good choices even more difficult.

...in fact, thank God I didn't get rich young it would have ruined me. [B] Can you imagine how big an asshole I'd be today??[/B][/quote]

And 40 years later the problem still exist.

No need to imagine, I can picture it clearly.

Paintrain 04-23-2013 02:00 PM

[quote=mredskins;1004909]And 40 years later the problem still exist.

No need to imagine, I can picture it clearly.[/quote]

Shots fired, lol..

The Goat 04-23-2013 04:09 PM

[quote=mredskins;1004909]And 40 years later the problem still exist.

No need to imagine, I can picture it clearly.[/quote]

You're right...I should have said even bigger asshole.

mredskins 04-23-2013 04:22 PM

[quote=The Goat;1004932]You're right...I should have said even bigger asshole.[/quote]

Well at least you have a sense of humor.

DynamiteRave 04-23-2013 04:27 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;1004808]Only thing stopping Hankerson is Hankerson. Poor work ethic is holding him back[/quote]

I remember a couple years ago there was a member on this board who kept trying to tell me I was stupid because I thought Hankerson was going to be a flash in the pan, if that and that because I wasn't giving him cold, hard statistics, me going on a feeling and judging him by his inconsistent college play and lackluster first year play was small-minded.

Glad to see I wasn't completely wrong.

Smoot, do you think Hankerson will get things together or do you think he'll end up just being a busted draft pick?

SmootSmack 04-23-2013 04:33 PM

Honestly have no idea.

53Fan 04-23-2013 06:47 PM

[quote=The Goat;1004908]I guess it's me admitting that in my early/mid twenties maturity wasn't my strong suit, and these guys are rich and famous to boot making good choices even more difficult.

...in fact, thank God I didn't get rich young it would have ruined me. Can you imagine how big an asshole I'd be today??[/quote]

Good point Goat. Even Trent Williams had some growing up to do. Thank God he did because he was pretty awesome last season. There's a receiver in Dallas still playing among others that would be quite a stretch for me to call grown adults.