Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   New after smoot draft senario. (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=5250)

diehardskin2982 03-08-2005 10:40 PM

New after smoot draft senario.

Its hard to do, but gota do it and move on bye smoot to a shitty defense :Flush:

Round1: Erasmus James DE Wisconsin
Round2 (trade down):Fabian Washington CB Nebraska
round3(gardner trade to cleveland):Matt Jones WR Arkansas
round3: Lorenzo Alexander DT California
round4:Chase Lyman WR California
round5:Martin Patterson MLB TCU
round6:Kelly Griffeth TE Fort Hays St
round7:Scott Young OG BYU

who ya'll wanna see this or something else. Alot of potiential in my draft board but the team has to be willing to take a chance

SmootSmack 03-08-2005 10:47 PM

Re: New after smoot draft senario.

How do they get that round 2 pick? Who do they trade to get a pick there?

I like Erasmus a lot

SKINSnCANES 03-08-2005 11:02 PM

is that washington guy from nebraska the one that ran that fast 40? Id clearly prefer rolle but its not a bad list you got there. For the first few rounds atleast, I dont know the last of them.

I dont agree with James at 9 though, so I am assuming you mean we traded down in the first to get that second.

Also, I highly doubt Matt Jones makes it to round 3, but if he does...

PSUskinsfan11 03-08-2005 11:07 PM

1st round- Antrel Rolle CB Miami.....if he is gone trade down and take Justin Miller
2nd round (from possible trade of pick or Gardner trade)- Jovan Haye DE vandy
3rd round- Vincent Jackson WR Northern Colorado
4th round- Jason Brown C UNC
5th round- Nehemiah Broughton RB Citadel....will be an amazing short yardage guy so Portis doesn't get beat on and we can cut Rock for sure.
6th round- James Kinney MLB Missouri
7th round- Jonathan Clinkscale G Wisconsin

I do really like Erasmus James and Marcus Spears alot, but I think CB is more pressing and Rolle is going to be amazing.

skinsfaninok 03-08-2005 11:37 PM

Draft

Our top 7 choices for the first round in the draft.

1. B. Edwards (Mich)
2. Mark Clayton (OU.... trust me I am from Norman, he is a STAR)
3. A. Rolle (Mia)
4. Mike Williams (USC)
5. Adam "Pac Man" Jones (WV)
6. E. James (Wisconsin)
7. Trade Up for Alex Smith (Utah)

TheMalcolmConnection 03-08-2005 11:59 PM

SkinsNCanes, I have a feeling your fantasy scenario could possibly come true with us picking Rolle. ;) LOL

offiss 03-09-2005 12:00 AM

Re: Draft

[QUOTE=skinsfaninok]Our top 7 choices for the first round in the draft.

1. B. Edwards (Mich)
2. Mark Clayton (OU.... trust me I am from Norman, he is a STAR)
3. A. Rolle (Mia)
4. Mike Williams (USC)
5. Adam "Pac Man" Jones (WV)
6. E. James (Wisconsin)
7. Trade Up for Alex Smith (Utah)[/QUOTE]

No Clayton, we have enough midget's running pass pattern's, either Edward's or William's, unless we trade down if we think either Jones who I believe will be available in the 3rd, or my sleeper pick Vincent Jackson out of northern colorodo, who is a 2nd to 3rd round pick, if we think either one of these guy's can play with M. William's than we can deal down and address some other need's, even possibly Arasmus [to make all u defensive guy's happy :) ] but only if we know one of these other guy's can get the job done and that they will be available for us.

e16bball 03-09-2005 01:51 AM

1. Mike Williams, WR, USC
3. Jovan Haye, DE, Vanderbilt
3. Domonique Foxworth, CB, Maryland (from Minnesota for Gardner)
4. Ronald Fields, DT, Miss State
6. Dave Kashetta, TE, BC
7. Lang Campbell, QB, William and Mary

I really don't want to shake this draft up due to losing Smoot. We basically knew already that he was on the way out, now all of a sudden we want to panic and forget how much we need a WR? Nah, we still need help on offense. Harris can fill in well, or we could add Dyson, and in this situation we are adding Foxworth into a mix of promising youngsters including Wilds, Rufus Brown, and Roosevelt Williams. Mike Williams is still by far the best fit for our team.

John Hasbrouck 03-09-2005 02:32 AM

First round Fabian Washington would be super. He ran a 4.28 40,plus can get the job done. If not PacMan or Rolle. Second round Matt Jones - he is a PLAYER.

John Hasbrouck 03-09-2005 02:44 AM

How about the Skins go 3-4 D and turn LaVar loose as the Giants did L.T..

Redskins8588 03-09-2005 03:50 AM

I think that in the later rounds like round 3 or 4 we should still pick up Vincent Jackson out of Northern Colorado. He has great size at 6'6 and 235, some have him at 226, and good speed at 4.5 in the 40. I think that he would make an awsome redzone threat!!

RedskinPete 03-09-2005 04:19 AM

Well the Smoot thing makes this draft move to CB from WR I think in the first round! Unless Law comes to town! I wish! Anyway I Like Antrel Rolle CB or Troy Wiliamson WR in the first round! Other CB that are good CB are Carlos Rogers, Corey Webster, Justin Miller and Dustin Fox. Maybe there is a way to trade down in the first and get Rolle and still pick up a 3rd round pick. As for the rest of the draft who knows. It really hard to see because untill you know if we are going CB or WR in the first round or trade down?

Red Robert 03-09-2005 09:18 AM

Hello folks, new to register. Been reading this site for months. I agree we need to look defense for the first pick. I think both top recievers are gone buy pick #9. Trade down for two mid level picks. Maybe Troy Williamson from S. Carollina and a solid DE OR CB later.

Daseal 03-09-2005 09:45 AM

I agree with trade down if and only if Edwards and Williams are off the board.

redwagonskins 03-09-2005 09:45 AM

It's not looking good for us to get one of the top two WR at #9. A solid DE or CB may still be available.

ChounsMan 03-09-2005 10:09 AM

[QUOTE=John Hasbrouck]How about the Skins go 3-4 D and turn LaVar loose as the Giants did L.T..[/QUOTE]

I can see Daniels, Wynn, & Griffith on the line. Washington, Barrow, Marshall, & Arrington at the LB positions. Then the secondary would be Harris, Taylor, Bowen, Springs.

Not 100% sure this would work...? We would need to be effective with a great pass rush to counter the deep posts from the likes of TO, Moss, & Branch like WR's would use to beat the 3-4. However, said that the 3-4 can be a bitch to defend against when you do know who's in coverage & who's blitzing.

I guess everything is thrown out if we can't defend the run in the 3-4.

celts32 03-09-2005 10:31 AM

Even though the redskins took a hit at corner the pair of Springs and Harris are still a better set of corners than Moss & Patten are WR's. The Redskins need a WR in round #1...

That Guy 03-09-2005 10:53 AM

williams/edwards if in any way possible... if not, trade down and get a DE/CB and live with crap WRs another year :(... try to get gardner to the vikes though to improve our chances.

BossHog 03-09-2005 10:53 AM

My per round draft scenario goes like this... :oink:

1. Trade down from #9 overall for a lower first round and a second rounder.
1. Draft WR Troy Williamson SC or(*) Mark Clayton Oklahoma
2. (from trade above) Draft DE Matt Roth Iowa or(*) DT Shaun Cody USC
3. (from Gardner trade) Draft CB Marllin Jackson Michigan
3. Draft G Elton Brown UVA or(*) Marcus Johnson Ole Miss
4. Draft C Jason Brown UNC
5. Draft LB Odell Thurman Georgia
6. Draft TE Dave Kashetta BC
7. Draft WR Efrem Hill Samford

* means whoever is available at that pick

mooby 03-09-2005 10:59 AM

i like either mike williams or antrell rolle being selected ninth. that's as far as im gonna go because i don't like when people try to guess who's being selected when anyone could be selected at anytime. like in this last post before me it says wr efrem hill for the seventh round, but he could go in any round at any time.

BossHog 03-09-2005 11:42 AM

It's also likely Efrem Hill will go undrafted. And who's to say Mike Williams or Antrelle Rolle will be around at #9? I think it's relevant. Obvisiously no one can say who's going to be available at any pick but first overall. It's subjective to think most mock drafts reflect a teams needs in priority order. :oink:

AndySkinUK 03-09-2005 11:44 AM

Ive seen 3 mocks recently and all have us picking different players, namely Mike Williams, Antrell Rolle and Pac Man Jones.

I think it is a good think that we can go in multiple directions as it gives us lots of flexibility on draft day.

BDBohnzie 03-09-2005 12:55 PM

IMO, our first round pick needs to be best available among DE or CB. i believe that we can get a quality WR later in the draft, and i don't think either Williams or Edwards will be around at 9...

and, a 3-4 scheme wouldn't work because we don't have a hoss NT, or hoss DEs. we have an average defensive line at best. Griffin is a decent DT, but he couldn't be the sole person in the middle taking up 2-3 olinemen. Daniels and Wynn are average DEs...

e16bball 03-09-2005 01:12 PM

It has been proven time and time again that the worst way to approach a draft is trying to use high picks to replace losses incurred that offseason. In this case, we would be adding probably Antrel Rolle to our secondary if we attempted to replace Smoot with that first pick (Pac-Man will be gone). He would not start, he isn't [i]that[/i] good yet. So we would still have Harris and Springs starting, but perhaps with a very talented nickel back? It wouldn't help us that much this coming season, so the only reason to draft a CB is for the future, which I understand, but why not continue to develop guys like Wilds, Brown, Williams, etc. If you see my draft scenario posted earlier, I also have us taking Domonique Foxworth in the 3rd round. That would give us a WEALTH of youth at the position.

At WR, on the other hand, we have A) no possession receiver, not even one to develop and B) no wealth of youth, at least not to the extent that we have ready to bring up at CB. Also, there is a growing consensus that CBs, especially bigger physical ones like Rolle, are becoming less and less important for teams.

In addition, Mike Williams is just better for us than Antrel Rolle. It's hard to compare players who play different positions, but if you listen to what any of the QBs who work with Big Mike say about him, it tells you volumes about how Ramsey would benefit from working with him. David Greene specifically raved about Williams, saying that the guy caught balls you simply should not be able to catch and that he caught some of Greene's hardest passes with ONE HAND. In my opinion, Mike Williams is as close to TO as I have seen in some time, except without that intolerable attitude. Antrel Rolle is a good player, but he is not the kind of guy who could change a franchise. Mike Williams is that, and more. We should jump at him if he is there at 9, and if he's going earlier than that, we should go and get him. That is how certain I am about it.

e16bball 03-09-2005 01:20 PM

Oh I should add, since I've just made this sweeping glorification of Mike Williams, that we may very well be able to obtain him. The Bucs just re-signed Galloway, making them quite likely to take Cadillac at 5. The Vikings are actively pursuing a veteran WR, probably Gardner, so that they don't have to take a WR and can go after DJ. Thus, it looks like even if the Bears take Braylon, we could very well find Mike sitting at 9. I'm afraid someone might try to trade into the top 10 though, so we should be ready with a deal on the table with the Bucs or Titans in my opinion.

diehardskin2982 03-09-2005 02:37 PM

[QUOTE=smootsmack]How do they get that round 2 pick? Who do they trade to get a pick there?

I like Erasmus a lot[/QUOTE]

I don't know how far we can go down and get erasmus but if we can get a second rounder than thats we should do it. There are going to be some big recievers avialable later in the draft and we would fill all our holes with my senario.

if you guys want to see who all my pics are check out smooksmack's spreadsheet on draft players. thanks smack. I think williams and edwards will be gone when our pick comes

diehardskin2982 03-09-2005 02:49 PM

another viable senario would be:
round 1:Trade down Troy Williamson WR South Carolina
round 2:Fabian Washington CB Nebraska
round 3:Gardner trade (Browns) Demarcus Ware DE Troy
round 3:Lorenzo Alexander DT California
round 4:Chase Lyman WR California
round 5:Martin Patterson MLB TCU
round 6:Kelly Griffeth TE Fort Hays St
round 7:Scott Young OG BYU

RedskinPete 03-09-2005 03:44 PM

[QUOTE=celts32]Even though the redskins took a hit at corner the pair of Springs and Harris are still a better set of corners than Moss & Patten are WR's. The Redskins need a WR in round #1...[/QUOTE]

First off picking a WR in he first round dosen't mean the WR will be better this season!!! Most of the time it takes a year or more for WR out of college to do will in the NFL. Yes there is a few that do well but i just don't see that guy in this draft! Of the top three one was out of college last year, the other most likely will be gone when we pick and the other [Willimson] will be a good one but down the road! Also needing a CB and a WR is a tall order in this draft that will start. If Gibbs dose this then he is not just good but great!!!

skinsfanthru&thru 03-09-2005 04:43 PM

I don't know if anyone has posted a similar thought, but losing Smoot was a very likely possibility and I think Gibbs and company already had losing him factored into their draft plans. If we did keep him they probably would have seen it as bonus points for the offseason, but I'm sure they planned for this contigency probably since part way through last year to some extent. I think the suprise for the FO was losing Pierce and that might have altered plans for the 2nd(if we get one somehow) or 3rd round selections or even sliding over Marshall after his nice new contract. I still have to believe that they will focus first and foremost on the offense no matter what has transpired unless they somehow change their minds and go after Burress. Then I could see the team trading down to fill a couple holes here and there with solid back ups with potential to become starters.

skinsfanthru&thru 03-09-2005 04:53 PM

I liked Smoot's personality and his play at times as much as his biggest supporters but to me it seems some people are over estimating his importance to the defense. It seemed at times that he got burnt for big plays for every 2-3 good to awesome plays he made. The FO was right for not wanting to give him more than Springs got last year because frankly his play and talent didn't warrant it. The FO and Greg Williams found a great replacement last year for supposedly one the "best coverage" cbs in Bailey and I see absolutely no reason to doubt them this year until proven wrong. Williams IMO gets a free pass on this one with what he was able to get the guys to do last year so I'll wait a year or so to determine whether this was as huge of "mistake" as some media and fans r making it out to be.

itvnetop 03-09-2005 06:10 PM

[QUOTE=e16bball]Mike Williams is that, and more. We should jump at him if he is there at 9, and if he's going earlier than that, we should go and get him. That is how certain I am about it.[/QUOTE]

e16... we need to hang man! i've tried as best as i could to hold my tongue regarding BMW to avoid sounding like a Trojan homer... but i couldn't have said it better myself!!!