Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Someone tell me why? (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=5272)

JWsleep 03-09-2005 06:09 PM

Re: Someone tell me why?

[QUOTE=monk81]I think our OL will improve with the addition of new center Rabach, and a HEALTHY Jon Jansen........this will translate into an improved Ramsey, better running game, and thus Gibbs will open it up more............[/QUOTE]

I totally agree, Monk 81. Plus, do we really think Gibbs isn't dreaming up new plays right now? The guy understands offensive football. Rest assured, the O will look better next year. And that's by itself going to make the FO look good becuase the WRs will look better. And we'll start hearing about how smart everyone is. (I am an optimist, DAMN IT!) :biggthump

redwagonskins 03-09-2005 06:19 PM

In no way was I implying that Ramsey isn't our guy, in fact I believe he was set up to fail. After being the starter for a season, Gibbs came in and signed Brunelll to a HUGE deal, then gave Brunell the reins because he wasn't supposed to turn the ball over. When Patrick was finally put in, he was gun shy because he didn't want to turn the ball over. Hopefully, this season they tell him to make good decisons which may include letting it rip every once in a while.

BigSKINBauer 03-09-2005 08:43 PM

they are up to it my friend, compare brady w/ ramsey though. ramsey seems to get better then he was before and he is improving. also compare the o-lines the o-line is now better so they are up to it i think that if we had down field presense that our d is still good enough to take us to the promise land and G g g g g g g g g geeeee double ya will be taking us there.

NOFX 03-09-2005 09:38 PM

[QUOTE=itvnetop]we're still missing a possession guy... and from what everyone is saying, moss hates going over the middle. if patten is our new deep threat, who moves the chains?[/QUOTE]

we have the guy on the roster now, its mcants. i know the staff is down on him for not doing special teams, but, how soon we forget the guy led in td catches two years ago, his last year in college at delaware he caught something like 19tds on 32 catches. he is phisical and more definately more humble and mature after last year. if the guy has any kind of drive, which i belive he does, he will be huge in camp and proves he belongs, he has proved it before. you jsut dont lose talent like he's got. hopefully we wont cut him b4 he gets his chance. i think last year we had too many guys making more money ahead of him so now he is the last "big" receiver and he won't have to play special teams to play.

Tahoe Skin 03-09-2005 10:13 PM

[QUOTE=itvnetop]we're still missing a possession guy... and from what everyone is saying, moss hates going over the middle. if patten is our new deep threat, who moves the chains?[/QUOTE]

Frankly, I think McCants is an excellent possession guy, when used that is.

TheMalcolmConnection 03-09-2005 10:26 PM

I love the way BigSKINBauer writes his posts. It's like I can imagine the words coming out of his mouth. LOL

And I do completely agree about McCants. I just can't wait to see the offense open up a bit. Personally, I don't want to see any more signings until the draft.

John Hasbrouck 03-09-2005 10:30 PM

HeyRedskin Pete- That is due to the great QB performances the Pats get

TheMalcolmConnection 03-09-2005 10:41 PM

I'm going to drop a bombshell and say that I feel that if he continues to develop, I think Ramsey will be just as good, if not better than Brady. Ramsey has a HELL of an arm, something that Brady doesn't really have.

SmootSmack 03-09-2005 10:48 PM

Does a possession guy need to be a big man necessarily? I mean I think a possession guy is someone who you can count on to catch the ball in traffic and get you 10 yards when you've got 3rd and 9.

A guy like Henry Ellard I thought of as a possesion receiver, and I see a lot of similarities in James Thrash.

TheMalcolmConnection 03-09-2005 10:49 PM

I definitely agree. Thrash made some great returns on kicks this year. I don't see why he couldn't do the same after a pass.

TheMalcolmConnection 03-09-2005 10:50 PM

I think everyone just feels we need a "big guy". If you can catch the ball and run with it all the way down the field, who needs a beast to run people over? Typically you're either going to be A) REALLY big and strong or B) REALLY fast and it's rare to find someone who is both.

SkinsRock 03-11-2005 08:56 AM

[QUOTE=smootsmack]Does a possession guy need to be a big man necessarily? I mean I think a possession guy is someone who you can count on to catch the ball in traffic and get you 10 yards when you've got 3rd and 9.

A guy like Henry Ellard I thought of as a possesion receiver, and I see a lot of similarities in James Thrash.[/QUOTE]

True, but I think the big thing about a bigger guy is that he is (or should be) more durable going across the middle taking hits from bigger linebackers.

I'm my opinion, we already have the guy we need in McCants. In what he lacks in speed, he makes up by being big and physical, and most importantly, dependable when it comes to catching the ball. That said, I agree that Thrash could also fill that role also to an extent, but I think Dmac fits it better...plus Thrash is a special teams demon so you want to keep him somewhat fresh for that.

MTK 03-11-2005 11:35 AM

Moss has a very high % of his catches that go for 1st downs, so I don't think he can be classified as being strictly a big-play guy.