Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Best Head Coaches Currently In The NFL (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=52817)

Giantone 05-10-2013 09:08 PM

Re: Best Head Coaches Currently In The NFL

[quote=skinsfaninok;1008729]watch a football life on Bill Belichick and you'll like him.[/quote]

Agree , you see it all the time with people that devote their lives to one thing and it consumes them and then usually a different area of their lives suffer.

CultBrennan59 05-10-2013 09:52 PM

1. John Harbaugh
2. Jim Harbaugh
3. Mike McCarthy
4. Mike Shanahan
5. Tom Coughlin

Hog1 05-10-2013 10:59 PM

[quote=skinsfaninok;1008729]watch a football life on Bill Belichick and you'll like him.[/quote]
According to what you hear.....BB ONLY acts like a Dick to the media. He is reported to be a great guy and....funny! Imagine that......

CultBrennan59 05-10-2013 11:57 PM

[quote=Hog1;1008770]According to what you hear.....BB ONLY acts like a Dick to the media. He is reported to be a great guy and....funny! Imagine that......[/quote]

He definitely made me laugh when I saw him as a pirate.
[IMG]http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/imagebuzz/terminal01/2011/9/23/10/bill-belichick-dressed-as-a-pirate-on-roller-skat-22469-1316789139-2.jpg[/IMG]

GTripp0012 05-11-2013 05:57 AM

Mike McCarthy
Bill Belichick
Mike Tomlin
Jim Harbaugh
Mike Smith
Pete Carroll

Tom Coughlin would rank pretty high among coaches who didn't make my list.

I really think Rob Chudzinski can do some great things in Cleveland. I think adding Chip Kelly is going to add to the quality of coaching league wide, because it will force opponents to adapt to a dynamically changing NFL. But if he continues to surround himself with guys like Pat Shurmur, he won't have a long, particularly successful career.

Jason Garrett is a really bad coach, so whenever that list comes, I'm all over that.

SFREDSKIN 05-11-2013 12:42 PM

How about a category of best coaches without an elite top 5 QB?

John Harbaugh
Jim Harbaugh
Bruce Arians
Pete Carroll
Mike Shanahan
Leslie Frazier honorable mention
Rookie QB's count since they were an unknown factor before the 2012 season, the job all 5 coaches on this list did was impressive.

donofriose 05-11-2013 02:41 PM

[quote=SFREDSKIN;1008799]How about a category of best coaches without an elite top 5 QB?

John Harbaugh
Jim Harbaugh
Bruce Arians
Pete Carroll
Mike Shanahan
Leslie Frazier honorable mention
Rookie QB's count since they were an unknown factor before the 2012 season, the job all 5 coaches on this list did was impressive.[/quote]

That would also mean you have to put Gary kubiac and Marvin Lewis on the list.

skinsfan69 05-11-2013 02:46 PM

To me the best guys are ones who motivate, game plan and are leaders. Hoody, Coughlin, Sean Payton, Jim Harbaugh, Jeff Fischer, Pete Carroll...I would even put Shanahan and Rex Ryan in there as well as Andy Reid. But I think the best guy right now is Jim Harbaugh. He has completely changed the culture of that entire organization. He's also a great play caller and motivator. Not sure Tomlin is much of a x and o guy but seems to be a great leader and motivator. Kubiak seems to be a real good x and o guy and can scheme but doesn't do much for me as a leader of men.

SFREDSKIN 05-11-2013 03:19 PM

[quote=donofriose;1008801]That would also mean you have to put Gary kubiac and Marvin Lewis on the list.[/quote]

True, meant to put Kubiak but spaced out, Lewis also did a pretty good job.

MTK 05-11-2013 04:23 PM

[QUOTE=skinsfan69;1008802]To me the best guys are ones who motivate, game plan and are leaders. Hoody, Coughlin, Sean Payton, Jim Harbaugh, Jeff Fischer, Pete Carroll...I would even put Shanahan and Rex Ryan in there as well as Andy Reid. But I think the best guy right now is Jim Harbaugh. He has completely changed the culture of that entire organization. He's also a great play caller and motivator. Not sure Tomlin is much of a x and o guy but seems to be a great leader and motivator. Kubiak seems to be a real good x and o guy and can scheme but doesn't do much for me as a leader of men.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't Roman call the plays in San Fran?

CultBrennan59 05-11-2013 05:48 PM

The coaches who can win without a good QB, is a good head coach. That's why I would put Rex in there with how bad Sanchez is. But the flip side to that is he was a part of the reason they picked Sanchez.

REDSKINS4ever 05-12-2013 04:32 AM

1. Bill Belichick

2. Jeff Fisher

3. Jim Harbaugh

4. Mike McCarthy

5. Tom Coughlin

6. John Fox

7. Mike Shanahan

8. John Harbaugh

9. Andy Reid

10. Sean Payton

donofriose 05-12-2013 04:55 PM

[quote=CultBrennan59;1008805]The coaches who can win without a good QB, is a good head coach. That's why I would put Rex in there with how bad Sanchez is. But the flip side to that is he was a part of the reason they picked Sanchez.[/quote]

I would have considered Rex Ryan a good coach until these past two years. Him and Tannenbaum ruined a good, talented team. I think a fresh start where a GM has total control over player personell would be good for him. A place where Rex Ryan might end up being a good coach is Detroit. But right now he is mediocre at best, and has become a clown.

JoeRedskin 05-12-2013 11:23 PM

He was a clown from the start. It only became obvious these last couple seasons.

CultBrennan59 05-13-2013 12:50 AM

[quote=JoeRedskin;1008843]He was a clown from the start. It only became obvious these last couple seasons.[/quote]

A lot of players bought into his scheme. Jason Taylor and LaDainian Tomlinson both said they went to the Jets because of Rex (mind you this is the same LT and JT that called Sanchez bad and Santonio Holmes a locker room problem; they know what they're talking about). He can coach, the problem is he doesn't have a QB. Rex knows he made a mistake with drafting Sanchez and that he's tied to Sanchez until a new QB proves to be better. I guarantee you that if Rex had a QB we'd be talking about how he is a definite top 5 coach.