Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   DeAngelo Hall Salary Cap Comments (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=52861)

Coff 05-16-2013 12:14 PM

DeAngelo Hall Salary Cap Comments

[URL="http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/wp/2013/05/15/deangelo-hall-says-hes-okay-with-paycut-takes-blame-for-the-salary-cap-mess/"]These are some[/URL] interesting comments of Hall's. Rarely do you see athletes say that they've made more than enough money. He really comes across as a team player and I'm buying it. Granted, he's no Darrel Green, but I'm glad he's back. I think as Redskin fans we've learned attitude is more important than talent, and I like Hall's attitude (even if he does lose his cool on the field occasionally).

The part about the salary cap mess is interesting. It's nice that he's taking responsibility, but it's not at all his fault.

MTK 05-16-2013 12:18 PM

Re: DeAngelo Hall Salary Cap Comments

Nice of him to take credit but it's not really his fault.

He's definitely made his fair share of dough in this league. I don't think he'll go broke "only" making $2M this year.

CRedskinsRule 05-16-2013 12:19 PM

I heard his interview the other day, and it took me a long way from my DHall frustrations. He really sounded far more mature and ready to go for the Skins. Glad to see that!

CrazyCanuck 05-16-2013 12:43 PM

I saw the interview too, sounded pretty sincere. Jamie Dukes wasn't buying it though. :)

Meks 05-16-2013 01:00 PM

jamie dukes is a clown IMO

skinsfan69 05-16-2013 01:13 PM

Good for Hall. I'm glad he's back. We need him. I think he knows he was overpaid for a few years. If he plays at the level he did at the end of last year, there is no way he'll come back at 2 mil, and I wouldn't blame him.

Bubba305-ST21- 05-16-2013 01:19 PM

[quote=skinsfan69;1009277]Good for Hall. I'm glad he's back. We need him. I think he knows he was overpaid for a few years. If he plays at the level he did at the end of last year, there is no way he'll come back at 2 mil, and I wouldn't blame him.[/quote]

Completely agree. Was very happy when we resigned him.

That Guy 05-16-2013 02:38 PM

he's worth the $2M we're paying him, so there's really no reason anyone should be upset he's back at that price. i'm glad he's okay with it i guess...

MTK 05-16-2013 02:41 PM

[quote=That Guy;1009292]he's worth the $2M we're paying him, so there's really no reason anyone should be upset he's back at that price. [B]i'm glad he's okay with it i guess[/B]...[/quote]

I don't think he had much of a choice really. It's not like anyone was knocking down is door trying to sign him. If someone was offering him more $$ I'm sure he'd be in another uniform.

SirLK26 05-16-2013 02:43 PM

I actually wouldn't mind paying him a little more. Maybe 4 million, especially if he plays well, like skinsfan69 said. 8 million though? Way too much. Glad he understands that now.

Gary84Clark 05-16-2013 03:14 PM

[quote=Mattyk;1009294]I don't think he had much of a choice really. It's not like anyone was knocking down is door trying to sign him. If someone was offering him more $$ I'm sure he'd be in another uniform.[/quote]

I think he is sincere

Daseal 05-16-2013 03:34 PM

It's no secret that I'm really not a DHall fan. While I can appreciate a gambling style of play, his timing typically couldn't be worse (3rd and long). That said, I gained a ton of respect for Hall last year. I love to hate him, but he played absolutely fantastic for us down the stretch. When he did get beat by a receiver, they rarely went for a big YAC. He tosses his body around and really came around. I'm glad to have him back and think he will begin the season starting and move into the slot between weeks 4-8.

CultBrennan59 05-16-2013 06:09 PM

I hate DHall. I think he is an awful CB.

Having said that, I'm actually glad he's back, and I like his comments. Chemistry is a big thing that the secondary needs and was lacking, so DHall coming back is a good thing.

skinsfan69 05-17-2013 11:08 AM

[quote=CultBrennan59;1009330]I hate DHall[B]. I think he is an awful CB.[/B]

Having said that, I'm actually glad he's back, and I like his comments. Chemistry is a big thing that the secondary needs and was lacking, so DHall coming back is a good thing.[/quote]

Well saying he's awful is a bit of a stretch. He's an average cover corner, below average tackler but has great ball skills. I actually think DHall would've been a hell of a wr.

RedskinRat 05-17-2013 11:35 AM

He's one of the many Veterans who have fully bought into Shannaplan for the foreseeable future and will be replaced next season by one of the rookie CB's from this year.