Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Redskins Locker Room (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/)
-   -   Moss/Gibbs Press conference..... (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/5287-moss-gibbs-press-conference.html)

RedskinPete 03-10-2005 10:58 AM

Moss/Gibbs Press conference.....

First thing Moss said was "I am HAPPY to be a Redskin" and "a Team player"! and Gibbs said what Moss can do for the Redskins and what Moss did in the play-offs! He looks to be a guy that will work hard and do the things that can make this team better! I wanted to win and if sharing dose that I am willing to do that for the team!

Redskins_P 03-10-2005 11:04 AM

Re: Moss/Gibbs Press conference.....

I'm listening to it right now, and it's funny to me how both of our new WR's the first thing they say on their press conference is " it's not about individual goals" , and being a "team player".

Later LC......

Mattyk 03-10-2005 11:13 AM

It's all about the team, I love that Gibbs is instilling this mindset that we've lacked since, well since he left the first time!

TheMalcolmConnection 03-10-2005 11:14 AM

I love the idea of the whole being better than single pieces and parts. Teamwork is where it's at to make it all the way.

SKINSnCANES 03-10-2005 11:45 AM

any other highlights worth mentioning, I cant listen to it here at work.

We definitly have more of a team spirit now then we have in the past, hopefully this translates to the playing field.

TheMalcolmConnection 03-10-2005 11:48 AM

I have a feeling it will. Also, the more I look at the receiving corps, the more I like it. I think that Moss can be a pretty damn good #1 receiver. Torry Holt doesn't like to get hit, and he's a good #1 receiver.

jdlea 03-10-2005 12:19 PM

Harrison avoids contact, too. I don't hear anybody complain about it when he gets down.

Mattyk 03-10-2005 12:32 PM

[QUOTE=jdlea]Harrison avoids contact, too. I don't hear anybody complain about it when he gets down.[/QUOTE]

A bunch of WR's do it, it's nothing new. Holt and Harrison are two that do it all the time and wisely so. They're paid to catch the ball and make big plays, you can't do that if you're on the bench sniffing smelling salts after getting your bell rung.

If a WR is 6'3 and 210 lbs by all means I would expect him to lay a shoulder into someone now and then. When you're 6'0 and under and need to be soaking wet to hit 200, then avoiding contact is a smart thing to do.

JoeRedskin 03-10-2005 12:46 PM

So long as they are not short-arming (or should I say Pinkstoning) catchable balls - I have no problems with receivers not always fighting for the extra yard (UNLESS the extra yard is needed for a first down). Seems to me that a lot of fumbles come out that way.

jermus22 03-10-2005 12:54 PM

I'm jumping on the WR bandwagon now. Sounds like we have a pretty good receiver core; I take back what I said earlier about drafting a wideout. We should either concentrate on a CB or DE. It might not be bad to even trade down for more picks. :httr:

celts32 03-10-2005 12:54 PM

I love the team first attitude that Gibbs is trying to reinstall at Redskins Park, but I still have questions as to whether or not these WR's are good enough to win with.

As far as your running out of bounds topic, I couldn't care less if a WR runs out of bounds with the ball so long as he caught it and it was not at the expense of a 1st down on a 3rd down play. The previous post is correct that a lot of fumbles occur because players are fighting for a couple of insignificant yards. That critisism of moss is a non issue to me until he does something to make it one.

TheMalcolmConnection 03-10-2005 01:02 PM

I would say that I'm liking more and more the WR corps. I DON'T feel like we shouldn't address that in the draft however. Someone mentioned that a player like Williams only comes along once in a while and I feel that taking a chance on him might be worth it, especially when we can draft other needs in the later rounds.

FRPLG 03-10-2005 01:15 PM

I'd be content with our corp if we started trainging camp tomorrow. I also think our biggest need really is at CB. The problem is that I think the CBs we'll haev a shot are just good players. There's not a blowaway sure fire type guy. I do think that we'll have a shot at either Williams or Edwards and I think both of them are going to be big time players in the NFL. Both look like perennial pro bowlers to me. I think we need a CB more but I don't think we can pass up either of the WRs unless we get some kind of crazy cooky deal to trade down. I am talking like move down 3 spots for a 2nd and 3rd.

jbcjr14 03-10-2005 02:03 PM

Good to see the team love from the new additions. I think this will translate onto the field in very short time.

TheMalcolmConnection 03-10-2005 02:10 PM

But Smoot was also just a good corner. Granted, we all loved him as a person but he's gone now and we have to be for real about his playmaking ability. He was good, but not great. I think that Harris can easily fill that void for now.