Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Patrick Ramsey better be Ready!!!!! (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=5297)

Daseal 03-10-2005 10:39 PM

Re: Patrick Ramsey better be Ready!!!!!

I think the offensive playcaller better be ready!

Uh - you seen their Oline and TE, Malcolm? They also have a pretty good RB.... Offense can win games too!

TheMalcolmConnection 03-10-2005 10:40 PM

I know, I know. It still blows my mind. I can think of a base of only 3 playmakers. I'm thinking they are a product of a GREAT offensive line.

John Hasbrouck 03-10-2005 10:55 PM

Ramsey is capable of 20 plus td throws. I like Hassellbeck. Don't have the strongest arm, but has alot of fire in his gut.

That Guy 03-10-2005 10:57 PM

roaf and shields can each take out 3 guys a play... that helps...

ST21 03-11-2005 12:26 AM

Thanks guys.....this was fun....but if Ramsey do hit my marks pretty close.....Say Hello Playoffs

SkinsRock 03-11-2005 09:57 AM

I would like him to do well, but I could care less what his numbers are as long as he wins! It's like the question: Would you rather have P. Manning with all his stats, or Brady who just wins? I'd take Brady.
This team is really starting to look like it is being modeled after the Pats, with a tough QB, a good line to protect him, a bunch of good receivers but no true #1, a quality RB, and a top defense. Not to mention working on a budget and letting players go if they will cost too much. It's that blue-collar mentality that ironically is how Gibbs teams in the 80's were built.
I'm expecting some very good things this year!

BrudLee 03-11-2005 10:04 AM

[QUOTE=steveo395]hasselbeck doesnt suck he's just too inconsistent[/QUOTE]
He's very consistent. That clipboard stays at a 35 degree angle the whole game.

BOO-YAH!

Sammy Baugh Fan 03-11-2005 10:10 AM

[QUOTE=BrudLee]He's very consistent. That clipboard stays at a 35 degree angle the whole game.

BOO-YAH![/QUOTE]

I agree. We got the EVIL Twin when it came to those two brothers.
:laughing2

peace

BrudLee 03-11-2005 10:17 AM

[QUOTE=Sammy Baugh Fan]I agree. We got the EVIL Twin when it came to those two brothers.
:laughing2

peace[/QUOTE]
I bet he knows how to keep his mouth shut at a coin flip, though. ;)

MTK 03-11-2005 11:28 AM

[QUOTE=aehs77]i hate too say it but i see ramsey getting hurt early and hassellbeck having a hell of a year.[/QUOTE]

where did you get your crystal ball? I'd like one too. ;)

MTK 03-11-2005 11:29 AM

If anyone is worried about Ramsey "being ready" I don't think we have much to worry about. He has a great work ethic on the field and in the film room. All he needs is reps.

SKINZ_DOMIN8 03-12-2005 11:22 AM

[QUOTE=TheMalcolmConnection]Most definitely. A lot of people are waaay too pessimistic. We HAVE seen signs of greatness out of Ramsey. I definitely think he has it in him and with an upgraded line and WR corps, I think this might be his breakout year.[/QUOTE]

HAVE? What games were you watching? Ramsey has yet to prove jack. Why are you people so enamored with him? He is at best mediocre until he proves otherwise.

SKINZ_DOMIN8 03-12-2005 11:24 AM

[QUOTE=Mattyk72]If anyone is worried about Ramsey "being ready" I don't think we have much to worry about. He has a great work ethic on the field and in the film room. All he needs is reps.[/QUOTE]

He's been given too many chances already. What is his win-loss record?

That's all that matters. Not the retard excuses everyone seems to want to give Ramsey such as no o-line, crappy receivers, etc....

You either produce or you get cut.

MTK 03-12-2005 11:34 AM

[QUOTE=SKINZ_DOMIN8]He's been given too many chances already. What is his win-loss record?

That's all that matters. Not the retard excuses everyone seems to want to give Ramsey such as no o-line, crappy receivers, etc....

You either produce or you get cut.[/QUOTE]

Too many chances already? Really?

He has 23 starts in 3 seasons, that's an average of 7.6 per year, not even a complete half-season!

Add in the fact he's in his 2nd system in those 3 years, and a system that is radically different from the one he spent his first two seasons in.

I'd like to see Ramsey start a full 16 games and see where he stands.

I really liked the way he developed this year and I don't think enough people give him proper credit. In training camp and in the preseason he looked just awful. He often threw to spots where there was no WR or he just badly missed his targets. He clearly was in over his head in the system. Before this season his career high for completion % was just 53.1, and his year he beat that by nearly 10 points to 62.1. Yeah I know it was a conservative passing game, but the Ramsey we saw early in the year was having trouble completing 40% of his throws.

Ramsey really came a long way in a very short time period this year. He posted a very respectable QB rating during the games he started (above 80), showed some nice accuracy that we haven't seen from him before, and he really seemed to take hold of the opportunity he was given.

I for one am really excited about Ramsey in 2005.

SKINZ_DOMIN8 03-12-2005 11:36 AM

[QUOTE]Add in the fact he's in his 2nd system in those 3 years, and a system that is radically different from the one he spent his first two seasons in.
[/QUOTE]

Another tired excuse I am so tired of hearing. You either produce or you don't. You don't get to choose which system you are in.