Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Worst Redskin Game Last Year? (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=53058)

MTK 06-05-2013 10:17 PM

[QUOTE=rypper11;1011074]Carolina game for me. I loved the uniforms but it was the worst effort of the season. Playing a horrible team and the Skins looked pathetic. The effort was bad against the Steelers but they are at least a good team.[/QUOTE]

Steelers were 8-8 last year, Carolina was 7-9.

skinsfan69 06-05-2013 11:04 PM

Re: Worst Redskin Game Last Year?

Pittsburgh was simply better than we were. It wasn't shocking that they beat us at their place. Carolina was easily the worst game. A home loss to a bad team that dropped us to 3-6. Shanahan basically said people were playing for jobs next year, at that point everyone wanted Shanahan outta here.

skinsguy 06-06-2013 08:31 AM

I was going to say the Rams game, but I think it really was the Steelers game that was probably the most frustrating game. We gave that game away with all the dropped passes.

FRPLG 06-06-2013 08:43 AM

[quote=Lotus;1011050]Yes, we dropped a ton of passes in that game. But we were never really in it. There was more than just dropped passes to the beatin' that we took.[/quote]

Football games can turn on just a few plays. I distinctly remember feeling that whole game like we weren't getting beat but more we were just playing poorly.

NC_Skins 06-06-2013 08:59 AM

Steelers and Panthers games to me were really atrocious.

Gmanc711 06-06-2013 10:43 AM

Pittsburgh/Carolina and Seattle are all contenders.

Pittsburgh just beat us soundly. Carolina I felt like we didn't show up...

But that Seattle game after that second TD pass was just painful to watch. We were up 14, all the momentum in the world...but it was like watching a slow death from there. So I'll say that one.

TheMalcolmConnection 06-06-2013 04:18 PM

Seconding the Seahawks. When RG3 went down, I just turned the TV off.

firstdown 06-06-2013 05:44 PM

The Giants game hurt because we drove down the field and score what should have been the winning TD. Then the dagger. Also in our div. Steelers game was just bad and never had much hope we would win so it was not as bad.

mooby 06-06-2013 08:31 PM

For me it was definitely Carolina. We had just dropped two in a row against the Giants and Steelers, and we looked flat the whole game. I mean it looked like we were playing out the string, it was that bad. Like we just didn't care anymore. Those are the worst to watch. And Carolina was 1-6 at that point (I know they finished close to .500 but they got hot in the second half of the year). It was embarrassing.

Seattle wasn't so bad because I could tell RG3 was injured, and I felt he didn't need to be in there. If he had been pulled earlier I would've had more hope but it was pretty obvious he was hurt. That's definitely something that is going to have to be paid more attention to in the future.

HailGreen28 06-07-2013 06:00 AM

Panthers game. It was like that opening play TD by the Bengals, only the misery lasted all game.

Hdf561 06-13-2013 09:49 PM

I gotta Go Seahawks in the playoffs was the worst. We were on a heck of a streak, with the chance to win a home playoff game and we were dominating them.

Then it all went down hill and we couldn't stop them, and RGIII gets hurt for good...it was a miserable experience from the highest of highs to the absolute lowest of lows.

The others don't bother me as much as Falcons were the team to beat all season and we were not there yet, and Rams and Panthers didn't bother me as we have been playing to the level of our competition for years...Steelers was just a fluke cause they were not that good and we just played horrible.

Im ready for another season and I hope we can improve over last season, and possibly get a playoff win...I just hope we don't buy into our own hype like the Nats have done.

REDSKINS4ever 06-14-2013 05:43 AM

[quote=Chico23231;1010903]Pittsburg game for me during the regular season, but the playoff game was tough to stomach especially when Cousins didnt come in after halftime.[/quote]

I completely concur. Every game except the Steelers game was a winnable game. Pittsburgh beat our lights out and the Redskins couldn't do anything right. Griffin III did toss a TD to Moss but that was the highlight of that day. The Redskins receivers dropped 11 or 12 passes in that game. Defensively, the Redskins couldn't stop the run or the Steelers dink and donk offense.

I also thought Mike Shanahan would sit Griffin III down after halftime during the wildcard contest. The Redskins could have won this game. RG3's injury was the reason for all of those 3 and outs and it kept the defense on the field entirely too long to the point that the unit wore down with Seattle pounding the ball with Marshawn Lynch. Cousins should have come in the game way earlier than he did. Blame Mike Shanahan for this loss.